Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:15 PM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
dyno numbers

who all has actually thrown their Cayenne's on the dyno?

What numbers have you seen and what are your mods?

I just set my appointment to strap mine down 4-22-15 and will have a follow up dyno session to test various aftermarket parts (intake, tunes, etc)

Just curious what these rigs dyno at stock and with mods

Mine is an 08 turbo but curious what numbers any cayenne is putting down

Old 04-10-2015, 02:29 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I ran mine a few weeks back. 2005 Turbo with iE81 Power kit and the following mods....Softronic tune, Sprint booster, AP diverter valves, Magnaflow exhaust, Hanksville secondary cat deletes, and K&N filters. Was disappointed when it only hit 367hp and 385tq.

That said....the owner ran the car because he's had issues with AWD Porsches getting squirrely and I'm not convinced he had everything set right. He ran mine and another member's 957 and kept saying something about them shifting. If he left it set with PSM off and in manual mode it shouldn't have shifted and I didn't hear it hit the rev limiter at all.

I also believe I still have some small vacuum leaks in the turbo system somewhere (waste gate or control line or both) that I'm hoping to chase down this weekend. Then I want to get back there and run it again myself. I think he'll let me do it since he now knows it'll behave OK.

I was expecting somewhere around or north of 400 with what mine came with and what I've done to it. It should be pushing 600 crank hp. This was on a Dyno-jet and I'm told it's set up pretty tight.

Dgreen's 957 with most of the same mods I think hit about 450hp.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:18 PM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
what % drivetrain loss do people use for these rigs?

Old 04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sinister05CTT
what % drivetrain loss do people use for these rigs?

Depends who you ask or talk to. The owner of the dyno we ran on says at least 25%. But others say less and some say more. That is the reason I was so disappointed with my numbers. Even at a very generous 30% that puts me at about 520 crank hp which is where I should have been stock!

Old 04-18-2015, 12:28 PM
hahnmgh63 is on a distinguished road
I would also post what kind of Dyno the numbers are coming off of as the Dynos vary a lot from brand to brand.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Check out my 08 dynos in the new Cayenne Turbo section. I used 22% drivetrain loss. Last one was around 630 awtq.

Moving this thread to the new Cayenne Turbo section with a permanent redirect...

Old 04-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
I would also post what kind of Dyno the numbers are coming off of as the Dynos vary a lot from brand to brand.

Good idea, I thought I had included it but my run was on a Dynojet.