Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

My New 2016 Cayenne Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 06:57 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
My New 2016 Cayenne Turbo S

Took delivery of my 16 Cayenne Turbo S this week, and after a few hundred miles, I think this is the best all-around vehicle that I have ever owned.

My childhood dream was to own a 911 Turbo, and I was lucky enough to buy a 2015 Turbo. I loved the car, but never really had a chance to enjoy it in commuting traffic. I also owned at the same time a 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, which was a great truck, but not as precise as a Porsche.

I got rid of both of them this week, and am now consolidated into the Cayenne Turbo S. Perfect combination of both vehicles into one great package.

This "truck" handles like a true Porsche. The PDCC (did not have it in my 911) is just amazing. Amazing. The ability to take curves at high speed without feeling like you are going to roll out of your seat is just something you need to experience. And does this thing hold a line. The steering is soooo precise. No constant adjusting of the steering wheel like in my Rover (primary annoyance of the Rover and the reason I no longer enjoyed driving it). Change lanes at high speed and there is no roll.

The truck pulls like a freight train. It does NOT have the instant thrust of the supercharged Range Rover. It takes a second for the boost to build, but once it does -- man is it a ride. I am ordering downpipes and will likely do a GIAC tune to give me less lag (and even more power). But this is the ONE critical area where the CTTS does not exceed the Range Rover Sport - instant thrust. I find I need to keep the truck in Sport to get the transmission to downshift quickly when I floor it. I always kept the Rover in Sport, so it isn't an inconvenience.

Other shortcomings compared to the Rover are few - you can't close your trunk with the key fob on the Porsche. We have all accidentally hit the wrong button from 50 feet away trying to lock the car. Now I have to walk all the way back to close the hatch. Also - as maligned as the Range Rover infotainment system was, it gave you the ability to see exactly what was playing on your satellite presets before selecting a station. So you could scroll through the display of all your presets and choose the one you wanted based on what was playing that second. I will miss that.

The interior of the Cayenne is just so well constructed. It is the same garnet red/black color combo on my 911 Turbo, and looks just as great. But the view out the windshield is higher - I can actually see what's going on two cars ahead.

So a week ago, I was depressed that my childhood dream 911 Turbo just did not match up with my adult life and driving habits. But I am over it after only two days of driving the Cayenne Turbo S.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:23 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Glad to see u r enjoying the car.
The 2016 is indeed a great vehicle. This is my 4th Cayenne and the difference between my first turbo a 2003-4 is amazing.
You get used to the slight hesitation in thrust at highway speed.
In lower gears it really isnt a problem.
You did not mention the braking. In my opinion these are the best brakes on any car i have ever owned including several Ferraris, including those with ceramics.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:54 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Glad to see u r enjoying the car.
The 2016 is indeed a great vehicle. This is my 4th Cayenne and the difference between my first turbo a 2003-4 is amazing.
You get used to the slight hesitation in thrust at highway speed.
In lower gears it really isnt a problem.
You did not mention the braking. In my opinion these are the best brakes on any car i have ever owned including several Ferraris, including those with ceramics.
I am sure I will be impressed. Haven't had to scrub off significant speed just yet. I did notice they bite right away. Will need to adjust how I apply pedal pressure.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
In 2007 I went from a Cayenne Turbo to a Range Rover. It couldn't compare to the Cayenne IMHO. Kept it a year & traded it on an '09 Cayenne Turbo S. Enjoy. Drive it in good health.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
In 2007 I went from a Cayenne Turbo to a Range Rover. It couldn't compare to the Cayenne IMHO. Kept it a year & traded it on an '09 Cayenne Turbo S. Enjoy. Drive it in good health.
Thanks. I agree. Same to you!

Old 06-30-2015, 02:09 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by enzom
Took delivery of my 16 Cayenne Turbo S this week, and after a few hundred miles, I think this is the best all-around vehicle that I have ever owned.

So a week ago, I was depressed that my childhood dream 911 Turbo just did not match up with my adult life and driving habits. But I am over it after only two days of driving the Cayenne Turbo S.
Well I have the poor mans version of your truck. 2015 Cayenne S with PDCC, PTV. The handling is amazing. However I have kept my 2012 997 S Cab as well. I'm finding I only drive the Cab on weekends it is just so much easier to drive the Cayenne to work. I feel that I have the best of everything even when it gets 20 below here in MN in the winter.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:05 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Great write up! I too feel the same way about my CT. It does many things so well and it is a great daily driver.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:32 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Glad to see u r enjoying the car. The 2016 is indeed a great vehicle. This is my 4th Cayenne and the difference between my first turbo a 2003-4 is amazing. You get used to the slight hesitation in thrust at highway speed. In lower gears it really isnt a problem. You did not mention the braking. In my opinion these are the best brakes on any car i have ever owned including several Ferraris, including those with ceramics.
Any major differences between the 958?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Pictures for us?

Ps - almost bought ur turbo but decided not too cause of all the LC's you did! (I kid).

Old 07-03-2015, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Michael_s
Pictures for us?

Ps - almost bought ur turbo but
decided not too cause of all the LC's you did! (I kid).

Ha. Someone will love that car. I miss the sound of that exhaust.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Wow!! Looks great. Enjoy it!!

Old 07-05-2015, 02:23 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Looks really nice!!

Old 07-08-2015, 02:25 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
gorgeous!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Thanks, guys. Enjoying it.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:37 PM
jaatlee is on a distinguished road
Enzom,

If you are done with your break in miles when you get a chance do you mind making a 2nd gear pull from 2000rpm to redline? I am looking for the following information, peak boost pressure reached, rpm where the boost pressure starts to drop off, and what the boost pressure is at redline.

Thanks,

Jeff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New 2016 Cayenne Turbo S