Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few niggles...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Dont_Push_It is on a distinguished road
A few niggles...

I have a few niggles that I would like to sort on my late 2003 cayenne TT - 108k miles.

1) PSM and air suspenion light keep coming on. Will go out for a while but come back on again at some point. Run diag and error code is for steering sensor. Have done calibration by turning steering wheel and driving straight forward. This clears errors off dash straight away but usually come back at some point in the journey.

Thought it was a defective battery so put in new one in and still the same errors. Checked the alternator and it is charging well.

Recently put 4 new tyres on - 275/45/20 instead of '40' profile but think the errors were prior to this. Also, fit 1" spacers on the rear for aesthetics.

Could this be MAF related? I have a CAI. I remember I forgot to re-fit the MAF when fitting the CAI and it threw up the same errors but it also did not show the gear selection (this is currently working fine). Engine running great.

2. Starter turns quite slowly and sometimes requires 2nd turn. Seems to be worse when engine and ambient temp is warm. Ruled out battery as it's new and the issue hasn't improved compared to old battery.

3. Front diff bearings went so had the diff refurbed. Grinding noise completely gone but I can still have a faint high pitched whine above 80mph that I can 'play with' by going on and off the accelerator. Company who did the work is very reputable. The mechanic that worked on the diff said they set the tolerances slightly looser than OEM as in their opinion it was too tight when reassembled.

4. Very light ticking at idle that appears to be coming from under drivers (uk RHD car) side door. Not coming from engine bay.

5. Since getting warmer for summer I have noticed that the suspension squeaks when going over speed humps.

6. Right hand blower vents won't blow warm.

Any pointers appreciated. Love the car.... Love it more when above annoyances are eradicated.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:01 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure about most of your problems but unfortunately the only real solutions I've seen to the slow starter are generally new battery, which you've ruled out, or new starter. Looks to be a pretty major job since it's under the intake but doable nonetheless.

As for the RH blower vents, and don't shoot me because this is going to sound really simple but sometimes the simplest fix is the best, have you tried running it on "Auto" to see if it'll get warm? And, again don't shoot me, if you have 4 zone climate the temp control is separate for both sides so you need to adjust both sides.

If you already knew all that and tried it, then the only thing I can suggest is the temp selector on that side may be bad or a sensor on that side. Does the setting temp go up and down when you push the lever up and down? If so I'd lean toward the sensor.

Might also read some of this thread and some of the comments and suggested fixes. Might be something there that you can use..... http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm