Wax on edges of clear bra. - 6speedonline.com Forums

Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Tech Stuff > Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing. Sponsored by: CR Spotless

Wax on edges of clear bra.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 PM

imcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond reputeimcarnuts has a reputation beyond repute
Wax on edges of clear bra.

I bought 458 Ferrari that has a clear bra. The dealership waxed the car and there is wax residue on the edges of the clear bra. Two questions. How can I remove the wax residue and is there a wax available that won't leave this residue? I am a little lazy and don't want to have to mask every edge on the clear bra. Thanks in advance for any help.

'13 Bentley GTC 12 Cyl - Thunder/Portland-Brunel (wife)

'11 Cayenne Turbo - Jet Black/Black (mine)

Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Basic Sponsor

Premier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Films has a reputation beyond repute
http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml

PF1 Film Cleanse. It is designed specifically for paint protection film. Spray along edge and take a clean microfiber to the edges.

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-406-1500 sales@premiermobilegroup.com

Review
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...hlight=premier
Premier Facebook!! http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms
Old 05-11-2011, 04:18 PM

alevine will become famous soon enough
I use blue painter tape on the edge of my clear bra before I wax and polish my car. The tape removes easily after I am done. Also, try using a tooth pick to remove any of the wax buildup yu currently have. Just make sure you don't press into the seam of the clear bra. That should do the trick.

Adam
Old 05-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Premium Sponsor

MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
pages/Glistening-Perfection/103167802903
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevine View Post
I use blue painter tape on the edge of my clear bra before I wax and polish my car. The tape removes easily after I am done. Also, try using a tooth pick to remove any of the wax buildup yu currently have. Just make sure you don't press into the seam of the clear bra. That should do the trick.

Adam
+1 for toothpick...wooden. Just lightly pull away from you or glide along the edge of film. Don't press too hard.

Why choose GP...WATCH OUR DOCUMENTARY

Follow Moe HERE

Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 AM

vietjdmboi is on a distinguished road
i found that a qtip with the cotton (non plastic) handle cut at a 45* angle using a razor gave me excellent results cleaning up wax residue.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Tags
3m, bra, california, car, clean, cleaning, clear, edge, ferrari, forum, remove, removing, residue, tape, wax