Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Wax on edges of clear bra.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Wax on edges of clear bra.

I bought 458 Ferrari that has a clear bra. The dealership waxed the car and there is wax residue on the edges of the clear bra. Two questions. How can I remove the wax residue and is there a wax available that won't leave this residue? I am a little lazy and don't want to have to mask every edge on the clear bra. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml

PF1 Film Cleanse. It is designed specifically for paint protection film. Spray along edge and take a clean microfiber to the edges.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
I use blue painter tape on the edge of my clear bra before I wax and polish my car. The tape removes easily after I am done. Also, try using a tooth pick to remove any of the wax buildup yu currently have. Just make sure you don't press into the seam of the clear bra. That should do the trick.

Adam

Old 05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alevine
I use blue painter tape on the edge of my clear bra before I wax and polish my car. The tape removes easily after I am done. Also, try using a tooth pick to remove any of the wax buildup yu currently have. Just make sure you don't press into the seam of the clear bra. That should do the trick.

Adam
+1 for toothpick...wooden. Just lightly pull away from you or glide along the edge of film. Don't press too hard.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:14 AM
vietjdmboi is on a distinguished road
i found that a qtip with the cotton (non plastic) handle cut at a 45* angle using a razor gave me excellent results cleaning up wax residue.