Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Clutch life for a 430 Ferrrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:53 PM
c21realestategu is on a distinguished road
Clutch life for a 430 Ferrrari?

I know some of the older Gallardo's and 360's have short clutch life...what about the 430?

Old 11-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor
Bryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by c21realestategu
I know some of the older Gallardo's and 360's have short clutch life...what about the 430?
Are we talking F1 (e-gear for Lambo obviously) or Manual?

Old 11-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Thinking of a 6 spd....

Old 11-29-2013, 03:35 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
6spd manual with clutch pedal should last 20 to 30k miles if you use it right. The F1 clutch will probably need replaced every 5 to 10k miles.
From what I hear.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the info....looks like the 6 spd is the way to go....Buddy has a 328 and got 37000 miles out of his.
I've got a 08 Z06 and would expect the clutch to last the life of the car...maybe Ferrari should collaborate with GM?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 AM
BMWManiac will become famous soon enough
Every time I see a clutch thread, it pisses me off for the exact reason you just stated....there are a lot of cars on the road that make more power, and the clutch, unless you ride it, abuse it, whatever....IS NEVER a concern....these cars are exotic but not overly powerful....hell, I make more power in my M3 and I just fused it to the flywheel on my last drag pass....next up, a $500 clutch from KY Clutch that will hold over 650rwhp/rwtq....

I just don't get it. And I really don't get it from Lamborghini....didn't Lamborghini create his own car marque because he was tired of replacing the worthless clutch in his Ferrari? You would think that Lambo owners would have a saying, like:

"Oh, you don't ever have to replace the clutch in a lambo because....."

Old 11-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Have seen some very low mile clutch changes on Gallardo's......apparantely runs approx. $9000 for a clutch change.........upgraded Kevlar clutch is $9000 plus install...yikes and only lasts twice as long.........Z06 clutch and flywheel is less than $500 and would last the life of the car.......I don't get it either......

Old 11-30-2013, 10:38 PM
BMWManiac will become famous soon enough
There may be some other underlining problems as well that may account for this "issue"

1) The diagnostic computer reads the percentage of clutch remaining on the F1 for both Lambo/Ferrari. I am not 100% sure of this, BUT, I suspect that these systems don't measure clutch material, but go off an algorithm to determine the life of the clutch (like newer cars tell you oil, etc).

2) For standard cars, I don't know, but to be honest, I haven't read of any failures on the clutch, just owners replacing them...maybe at their own discretion.

Bottom line, I'm not going to replace the clutch until it heavily slips, or disintegrates....there is zero reason these clutches shouldn't last 100k miles....either inferior product being used, or drivers are riding the clutch causing premature wear.

I bet, and if a vendor wouldn't mind chiming in that has done the replacement, you'll find a Sach's pressure plate that has been rebranded (or not). I run a Southbend clutch (I did until my recent issue) and I'll be switching to a KY Clutch. The southbend pressure plate is painted red....wonder why? Maybe because it is covering "SACH". KY Clutch ships too....they can build you clutch package for anything for less than $500

Old 12-03-2013, 02:58 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
How many F430s came with a manual transmission? I am sure the OP is asking about the F1 clutch.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
thxbuff2001 is on a distinguished road
We are not talking about tracking the car, but the F430 F1 transmission will last you as much as the manual transmission or a little less if you know when to shift, you do not drive too slow or crawling most of the time as clutch will not release fully and you do not use the automatic very often.

I would say, maintenance wise, would there be any difference to replace a clutch less 5000 miles compared to a manual?

I love the F1. I spend less now on shoes as the clutch pedal always makes my left shoe a little bit more worn than the right. So the money I save, I will just put it on the pot to replace the clutch.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Juan is on a distinguished road
My F430 F1 has 40.000 km, and it has 35% of life.I've never changed the clutch.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
6spd manual with clutch pedal should last 20 to 30k miles if you use it right. The F1 clutch will probably need replaced every 5 to 10k miles.
From what I hear.
F1 clutch will easily go 20 - 30k miles, depending on the owner. Reversing up a hall, and launches will drastically reduce an F1 clutch.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Lamb05Murcie is on a distinguished road
From what I understand, 6 spd manual transmission Lamborghinis hold up quite well. I've heard that the Murcielago & Gallardo are both reliable enough to daily drive. I plan on doing so in a Murcie when the time comes.

I am in agreement that a manual trans clutch should last quite a long time as long properly driven. I've been on my orig. clutch in my Z06 & E46 M3 for 55k & 70k miles respectively.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
my F1 came with 5k and it had only used up 12% of the clutch. I'm hoping itll last atleast 25k, not that I will ever hit that mark under my ownership.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Tims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to all
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
From what I hear.
The F1 clutch on a F430 will last an easy 30,000+ miles if properly cared for. I speak from experience having owned many F1 Ferrari's, including an F430 and a 16m Scuderia (the racing version of the F430). I have been very active in the Southern California Ferrari community for many years and have seen no examples of a 5 to 10k clutch life other than that of an abused car. I hope this is helpful.

Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch life for a 430 Ferrrari?