Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Yeah!, My turn, my garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:15 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah!, My turn, my garage

My garage incorporated in the house is way too small and i have nowhere else to put all the bikes, lawn mower and kid's toys so i need to build a bigger garage in the backyard. I need a place to put the turbo and get a workspace. So it started, it is going to be 28x32 with 11" ceilling. I am going to reproduce the look of the house with the same brick, vinyl and same type of roof.

Here is a pic of the house i moved in last january. I am happy with it, not the nicest we can see on this website but i am pretty proud of it for a little worker like i am.

Last edited by pumalex; 09-22-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
all right now let's start digging

Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM
making the mold for the concrete and pourring it (decided not to do it by myself)

Old 08-06-2010, 07:25 PM
foundation done

walls starting to go up, one of my friend came with his truck and his crane, lot of back pain saved with this.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
this was today's progress, look at the beam on the ground that is going over the garage doors, that thing is huge and freaking heavy, 400 lbs.

I'll try to keep this thread alive as i move more into the project

Old 08-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Hybrid AWD is on a distinguished road
That is going to be a nice addition! Good luck with the rest of the project!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 AM
///M*Hershey will become famous soon enough///M*Hershey will become famous soon enough
I Love these threads, no matter how big or small!! COngrats on the home & the new project. I am sure it will all go well!

Subscribed and make sure you post alot of pics! that makes the thread 100x better! lol.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:48 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///M*Hershey
I Love these threads, no matter how big or small!! COngrats on the home & the new project. I am sure it will all go well!

Subscribed and make sure you post alot of pics! that makes the thread 100x better! lol.
+1!!! Same here, i hope to add my own thread in this section one day!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Well done so far! My back aches just looking at the concrete photos. I used to do flatwork when I got out of the Army.

Subscribed and looking forward to updates.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:30 AM
give_it_all_ is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to see how it looks when it's done!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:07 AM
alexpulp is on a distinguished road
nice looking

Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 AM
GMS03 is on a distinguished road
that looks good!

Old 08-16-2010, 03:27 PM
monEmakindave is on a distinguished road
Just wondering how much you budgeted for this build project?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
well it will be hard to compare because i am in canada and materials is certainly not the same price as the states but in candian, i figure it will cost between 25 and 35, probably closer to 35 with all the insulation and electricity.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
What is the material cost difference nowadays? I grew up in Maine and I heard a few years back there were some real issues between the Canadian and US loggers.

$35K for what you're building sure seems like a no brainer to me. I'd love to do something like that with an unfinished in-law suite.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yeah!, My turn, my garage