Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Maybe a Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Bulgari is on a distinguished road
Maybe a Gallardo?

Hi all - first time poster with a question for you guys

I've recently been in the market for a new car, as of now I've been thinking about 430, gallardo, & 360.

Before I get too ahead of my self, here is my story: I just recently finished schooling with 250k debt, but do own my own home. All my life I've driven a Japanese car that I have had since I was in high school (Mitsu Eclipse). It has treated me well, partly because I have not used it as much as I wanted too (busy studying). Anyway, I have roughly 160k saved up and not sure which one to go to. This may sound crazy to guy guys, but whatever car I get, I want to drive it everyday as a DD. Now, I know there are MUCH better DD options out there, I just feel happier in a g or fcar. I'm looking to hold onto this car for a long time and put as many miles as I need on it, even if its 100k+ miles. Which car is the most dependable with the most minimum maintenance costs?

Again, I'm looking to drive this car every day to and from work.
Preferably, I'd want to buy new, and have the rest of my saved cash for future maintenance costs.

All advice is appreciated!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
lbmtb has a spectacular aura aboutlbmtb has a spectacular aura about
You have 250k in debt and want to blow the vast majority of your savings on one car? What about paying down some of that debt? Starting a nice 401k, etc etc? IMO the car would be a mistake unless you have a super stable source of income that can take care of that debt within a reasonable amount of time. All depends on your own priorities though. I have a feeling most people are going to give the Gallardo the reliability nod against the fcars.

Last edited by lbmtb; 02-01-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Jasil is on a distinguished road
Not agreeing with this choice at all especially a depreciating money pit like a car, but to answer you question for me it would be a Gallardo.

Good luck!!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I've been employed for about 1/2 a year now and can say things are stable, as far as income. I know the debt is there, but there are other investments that will take care of it. I cannot wait any longer to buy what, for me, has been a dream car since ever, lol. I'm not much into having many exotics, just one that I can use on a daily basis; I simply worry these exotics may (correct me if I am wrong please) not hold up on me for many miles. I see lambos and f's being sold/traded at such low miles (obv. all these people can afford it and is a hobby for them - I dont foresee that being the case for me).

Thanks for everybody's input

Cheers,

Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Dbag

Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
I'd pay off the debt first and go from there. You can never be too sure what the future has in store for you. People that have been in positions for over 10 years have been let go, stability is never guaranteed. I know, cash in hand, job there, tempts you to go and buy the dream car but I really think you should at least set some amount of cash on the side to pay off the debt.

But to each his own, I'd choose the gallardo

Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
I can't believe what I'm reading.

So you finish college, $250k in debt, want to look successful to your peers, so you try and buy a Gallardo.

Pathetic.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately, you're judging me by an online post; you cannot be more wrong. I don't care for other's perceptions, I just want what makes ME happy, not my neighbors. It has been a lifelong dream, and like I said, the debt will get taken care of through other means.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
GTA_6speed is infamous around these parts
Dbag x2

Old 02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bulgari
Unfortunately, you're judging me by an online post; you cannot be more wrong. I don't care for other's perceptions, I just want what makes ME happy, not my neighbors. It has been a lifelong dream, and like I said, the debt will get taken care of through other means.
Unfortunately, all we have to judge you by is your post

Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned
clgrnt is infamous around these partsclgrnt is infamous around these partsclgrnt is infamous around these partsclgrnt is infamous around these parts
A lifelong dream yet you can't decide what exactly the car of your dreams is?

You see those cars being traded or sold at such low mileage because they're exotics, people who buy them don't put 100+ miles daily on them. People buying those cars as a status thing and not because they're a knowledgable enthusiast are not going to be getting praise here.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I apologize for coming across as a dbag, honestly, it was not my intent to, and certainly not my intent to portray myself as such.

That said, ferrari and lambo have always fascinated me, and I thought it would be a nice graduation present to myself, from myself, for busting my butt off in school.

You're right, I am not knowledgeable, hence I came to you guys for opinions on what the must durable exotic would be (from my given list of 3 models). Like I said, I don't want to change exotics every few years because I don't care for the status symbol. I am more than satisfied with my one exotic for a long term period of time. I wanted to know what you guys think would suit me well.

Unfortunately for me, many have expressed their idea that an exotic does not suit me. That is perfectly fine, and again, I am sorry for shedding bad light upon myself.

Cheers

Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Trip335 is on a distinguished road
Careless spending, debt, and ignoring the simple fact that you clearly do not have the means to afford this car, is the same behavior that put our economy in its current state. Hopefully you will come to your senses and pay off that debt before buying an exotic car. BTW.. if you want to know about what it costs to own an exotic check this out.

http://www.secretconsulting.com/cost...an-exotic-car/

Old 02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trip335
Careless spending, debt, and ignoring the simple fact that you clearly do not have the means to afford this car, is the same behavior that put our economy in its current state. Hopefully you will come to your senses and pay off that debt before buying an exotic car. BTW.. if you want to know about what it costs to own an exotic check this out.

http://www.secretconsulting.com/cost...an-exotic-car/
Quite the exaggeration; the media has made an impression on you. Foolish and an uneducated statement IMO (and quite over-generalized).

And I do have the means, please read carefully.

Politics aside, I'm done replying to negative comments, even after I apologized, people still feel the need to express themselves negatively.

Thanks for the link, however.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
While I agree with the others, to your question, I don't think an exotic will be a good DD unless you truly are "swimming" in money.

If you are coming from an Eclipse, there will be a LOT that can keep you happy and will do a much better job as a DD which also gives u time to also resolve some other items...

M3 comes to mind btw...also would be nice to keep as a dd when you add an exotic later on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maybe a Gallardo?