Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Return of My Underground Racing Superleggera Write-Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
DesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud of
Return of My Underground Racing Superleggera Write-Up

Hello All,

I wanted to quickly do somewhat of a write up before I head off for the Indy 500 and get too busy to write about my latest Greatest Lambo!

As most of you may or may not know, my 08 SuperG went off to Kevin and the boys at Underground Racing, and I received the car back home about one week ago. Unfortunately I have been out of time part of this week, but I have had 2 days of real driving, and I am absolutely hooked. I have owned or driven almost everything. I have been in anything from a Smart car to an IndyCar, and long story short, the Underground Racing Gallardo is just about as thrilling as it gets! I live to wake up everyday that I can step out and fire up this beast, the noise justifies the cost alone!

Anyway, so I jumped in the car the first time, drove it down the street simply to my house. At only 1/4 throttle at most, i pull the paddle for a nice smooth shift. To my surprise I hear a little turbo whine, and a little wastegate release. It is fantastic. I was not expecting those beautiful car noises at such low throttle angles, but it is absolutely music to my ear. I then fire it back up and take her out for a little Italian tune-up!

My brother and I go blasting through the countryside. Driveability is as good as stock, but again the noise just doesn't compare. I come to a complete stand still, put the car in sport mode, traction control off, and let her rip!!! Off she goes, and let me tell you, the acceleration g's is incredible. I went 0-150 in literally a matter of only a few seconds, it was amazing. Then i looked down to realize I was only in the LOW boost setting! So as would be expected I click it over, and give it another shot. Again acceleration was amazing. It was noticeably faster, and the thrill was amazing. I found myself taking every corner, and on the exits i couldn't resist but give her full throttle!

We got home, stood out back of the car with the engine cover up, and really looked at how amazing the build quality is. If you ever look at stock exhaust systems etc, you probably all notice that the pipes aren't always equal length, that the welds look somewhat crappy, and that the fit and finish isn't exactly spot on. Let me tell you, that everything here is spot on. There is none of this chop shop crap with the wiring etc that has been shown on the Heffner cars, this kit is top notch, and truthfully looks as professionally done as anyone in this world could make it, and nicer than i believe almost any manufacturer could do. The pipes line up absolutely perfect, the angles in which they are cut matches perfectly with the radius of the rear bumper, and the polish on all the pipes looks stunning.

I drove my car all day today, and as far as start up, running from cold engine temps to hot, it doesn't miss a beat. She cruises fantastically on the freeway, and yet again the constant exhaust note, and turbo whine is addicting. It is absolutely the most beautiful music to my ears!

For anyone considering this kit, you must must must do it. The build quality is fantastic, and the car is what it originally should have been. It makes any other road car seem like a slug, this car is amazing.

If anyone has any interest and has some questions, please feel free to PM me on here. Thanks so much!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-04-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: replace with clean photos
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Sandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really nice
Nice write up. What performance kit (power level) did you go with?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 PM
DesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud ofDesmoRR has much to be proud of
I went with the Stage 2. My car on 93 PUMP gas made right at 1100 wheel, and completely heat soaked it was still at 988 WHP!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
My car get's shipped back this week! Just waiting for the dyno #'s...

Other than stage two what did the UGR boys do to yours?

Old 05-12-2010, 01:12 AM
tegu is on a distinguished road
beautiful writeup and pictures

Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Great to hear Graham...I remember speaking to you a few times on LP about your project so I'm happy to hear what it beast it is!

Jack

Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Congrats, what does it put down on race gas?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
That is so sweet! Would love to do this to a spyder one day!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Andym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really nice
Amazing car! I saw a green TT Gallardo they did and the sound was just unbelievable...

glad to hear it's already getting some good use!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
UR uses a former nascar header fabricator so the quality should be spot on.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
Instead of trying to channel through Cavin, when can I shoot the car?

Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 PM
EUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura aboutEUGENE-Taiwan has a spectacular aura about
Wow I really want a Underground kit too.

but the Lambos in Taiwan cost just too much, way to much

if they only cost the same I would be driving one now!!!!! congrats

maybe in couple of years I can afford a V10R8 and get that same kit too

Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Catalyst is on a distinguished road
Fantastic write up, 1100 on pump gas is beyond impressive. Hopefully Ill get there soon
My only criticism:
Orange pinstripe instead of a red one...

Old 05-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Did you get any dyno's with race gas? That build quality really is stunning also.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Graham. The car looks amazing...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Return of My Underground Racing Superleggera Write-Up