Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Why I DO Lamborghini's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Why I DO Lamborghini's

Well time for a little mid-week rant and rave..as I see it.

The L car WAS never designed to be a "track" car. It was designed from day one to be, by the Father of Lamborghini, a "step above" the Ferrari. It was made to be for the people of means that wanted a GREAT road going GT touring car with all the comfort and performance a car should have for the wide open roads of the European countryside. It was made to perfrom better for the Gentleman driver, that he could take one of his many Girldfriends from Rome to the South of France in comfort, safety and reliable performance while still being able to carry your weekend luggage in the same car. The L owners that wanted to "Race" their cars had the means and the ability to purchase true "race" cars, such as the Wolf Countach cars,the SV-R, GT-R, RG-T and of late the Super Tufero cars..these cars were "Designed" for the track and performed as they should, on a track and not on a open "public roadway".

The F car, from the begining had no heart for the "road driver" it was only built to help Enzo finance his passion for the "Track"..with little concern for comfort and long drives cross country in reliable fashion or style..it was put together to feed on the "masses" that wished to be Mario Speed racer every 4th Sunday of their life..and the money rolled in, allowing him to further his "Race" records..from cars that were "designed" for the track.

These two basic "Different" thoughts of building a car for the public still live today. And as in all things in life gives us choices and options.

You can purchase a top notch road gong car for style, comfort, reliabilty. Throw your bags in the trunk and drive from Seattle to Daytona Speedway in Florida, park your car, get out with no back pain or kidneys jolted to pebbles..climb in your "TRUE" race car and have a blast on the track all day..

OR you can get in your semi-built "race inspired" F car, drive from Seattle to Daytona Speedway and arrive late due to the multiple stops you need to make to give your back, knees, ears and kidneys a break from the constant dis-comfort ride. Then take your F car on the track, pretend to be a F-1 driver for the day..at the end..have it flatbeded back to the F shop/Service center for it's mandatory mileage service..which you pay dearly for and will be OK with..after all, you can tell everyone you lapped a Lamborghini on the track...of course this conversation will be carried at the height of 35,000 feet in the air, as you "Fly" back from Florida to Seattle, as there would be NO WAY you would ever put your body through the pounding it took on the way down...not to mention your girlfriend exited the car halfway down on the trip with her one pair of shoes and panties(all that could fit in the F car) and told you that you are "NUTS" if you think she is going all the way in the cramped rattle bucket causing her "implants" to bounce up and down, break and leak out.

OK..let the flaming begin LOL LOL

Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
You are seriously affected.

You need a cold beer!

And that is all if you can get past the snow!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Does said girlfriend get picked up by the Lambo owner?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
You need to just go ahead and buy an F car and get F'n get it over with.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
If and only if I happened to be on the same road as where the f car owner's girlfriend got dropped, I would've pick her up in my tt. Heheh.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
I don't know Roy.....I get in my stylish, comfortable, and reliable car throw my "small" bags in the trunk and drive to the track. Next day I tighten up the lugs, check the tire pressure, climb back in the same car and have a blast on the track all day. Then I pack up and drive home......in the same car.

I agree with you but it's also a great car on the track.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don
You need to just go ahead and buy an F car and get F'n get it over with.
I have owned them..and sure I will have one here and there in the future..

See, now this is why I love the internet..

I just think it is great to hear all the different thoughts and comments..AND GLAD we can keep it civil..

Reminds me of the High School Football Games

"We got spirit, yes we do we got spirit how about you"

Bottom line..all cars are great and all cars have different appeal to differnt people..

I just felt like steering the some what BORING boards here of late..looks like it is working!!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I 100% agree to Roy, I bought my first Lambo to meet that exact expectation.

If I wanted to track cars, it would be p-car or f-car, not L-car..
it is way too pretty to be beaten at the track!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Well time for a little mid-week rant and rave..as I see it.

The L car WAS never designed to be a "track" car. It was designed from day one to be, by the Father of Lamborghini, a "step above" the Ferrari. It was made to be for the people of means that wanted a GREAT road going GT touring car with all the comfort and performance a car should have for the wide open roads of the European countryside. It was made to perfrom better for the Gentleman driver, that he could take one of his many Girldfriends from Rome to the South of France in comfort, safety and reliable performance while still being able to carry your weekend luggage in the same car. The L owners that wanted to "Race" their cars had the means and the ability to purchase true "race" cars, such as the Wolf Countach cars,the SV-R, GT-R, RG-T and of late the Super Tufero cars..these cars were "Designed" for the track and performed as they should, on a track and not on a open "public roadway".

The F car, from the begining had no heart for the "road driver" it was only built to help Enzo finance his passion for the "Track"..with little concern for comfort and long drives cross country in reliable fashion or style..it was put together to feed on the "masses" that wished to be Mario Speed racer every 4th Sunday of their life..and the money rolled in, allowing him to further his "Race" records..from cars that were "designed" for the track.

These two basic "Different" thoughts of building a car for the public still live today. And as in all things in life gives us choices and options.

You can purchase a top notch road gong car for style, comfort, reliabilty. Throw your bags in the trunk and drive from Seattle to Daytona Speedway in Florida, park your car, get out with no back pain or kidneys jolted to pebbles..climb in your "TRUE" race car and have a blast on the track all day..

OR you can get in your semi-built "race inspired" F car, drive from Seattle to Daytona Speedway and arrive late due to the multiple stops you need to make to give your back, knees, ears and kidneys a break from the constant dis-comfort ride. Then take your F car on the track, pretend to be a F-1 driver for the day..at the end..have it flatbeded back to the F shop/Service center for it's mandatory mileage service..which you pay dearly for and will be OK with..after all, you can tell everyone you lapped a Lamborghini on the track...of course this conversation will be carried at the height of 35,000 feet in the air, as you "Fly" back from Florida to Seattle, as there would be NO WAY you would ever put your body through the pounding it took on the way down...not to mention your girlfriend exited the car halfway down on the trip with her one pair of shoes and panties(all that could fit in the F car) and told you that you are "NUTS" if you think she is going all the way in the cramped rattle bucket causing her "implants" to bounce up and down, break and leak out.

OK..let the flaming begin LOL LOL
That was actually an entertaining read. Points given. You should write a longer book on the history of these two great car manufacturers.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Some 21 year old in a "F Car" must of smoked his *** in a race.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cesmorris
That was actually an entertaining read. Points given. You should write a longer book on the history of these two great car manufacturers.
^^+1, I also thought somewhere in the story Mr F car insulted Mr L and the L car was born??

Old 04-08-2011, 08:29 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alcav5
^^+1, I also thought somewhere in the story Mr F car insulted Mr L and the L car was born??
Someone can correct me if Im wrong but I believe Mr L's car had a clutch issue and he wasnt happy with MR F's response so he set out to make his own car. I think he put some sort of tractor clutch from his tractor company in the Ferrari after everything was said and done or he sold it.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Many Lambo owners still long for a Ferrari

I have never heard of a Ferrari owner long for a Lambo

To each his own

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bosco42
Many Lambo owners still long for a Ferrari

I have never heard of a Ferrari owner long for a Lambo

To each his own

Confused most owners of these 2 brands could easily own either one and more than likely own more than one. They wouldn't have to LONG for either.

Last edited by BOOMER7; 04-11-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
I like both brands for their own reasons, and I see your points up to a certain time in the L cars history. The complete facelift of the company now often referred to as Audighini no longer has my respect. They lost me after the Diablo and I've added Audi to my blacklist for having done so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why I DO Lamborghini's