Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Ford GT or Aventador

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
Ford GT or Aventador

If choosing one to buy, which one would you choose.

Ford GT or Aventador? Which one and why?

Both have their +'s.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
paulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura about
you already have a ford gt so buy a aventador

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
Yes. Thats true. But question is if you could only have one.

For me it's a tough choice. Aventador is cutting edge no doubt and drop dead gourgeous but concern is in 3-5 years it will be just another mass produced used Lambo overshadowed by latest and greatest again?

FGT is iconic, drop dead gorgeous, true limited production (with only about 3000 existing in U.S.) and likely a true collector item with tremendous performance as is from factory and capable for being transformed into a true beast with ease. Contrary to what was stated in one post in the Muscle car forum, the FGT build quality is great. There are a number of FGTs with over 50K miles and still going strong. Wonder if a Lambo (outside of the Gallardo with Audi drive train) can do that?

The Aventadore is awesome though!!! Whoa.

Last edited by Waxer; 12-20-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
Lamborghinis flag ship super cars have always been desirable, and collectable as they have aged. I think the ford GT has one major draw back for collectors, and that is that it is a new-retro version the GT40. its sort of the same situation with the shelby series 1, it was new-retro version of the original AC cobras, but the series 1 never really became an icon for collectors.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
That is a tough call for me. I love the Ford GT because of rawness and knowing that as a driver you have to be on your game. The Lambo has pacified the driver, but damn is it an awesome car.

If I truly only had to get one, I would go for the Ford GT for no other reason than its rawness.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 512bb
That is a tough call for me. I love the Ford GT because of rawness and knowing that as a driver you have to be on your game. The Lambo has pacified the driver, but damn is it an awesome car.
If I truly only had to get one, I would go for the Ford GT for no other reason than its rawness.
if it`s rawness that matters than i would go for the F40, it`s the only Ferrari i really really really lust after.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
While it is true that the FGT is an updated version of the original, which it must be for obvious practical reasons (there was nothing like a "DOT" back then) the FGT is probably the only "supercar" that has held its value in this economy.

I didn't think Lambos held their value that well. Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

I love the Aventadore though. What a car!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:30 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
if it`s rawness that matters than i would go for the F40, it`s the only Ferrari i really really really lust after.
If given the choice, absolutely. In terms of an all time raw car, hands down it's the F40 for me, but my all time favorite is still the 512BB.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:56 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 512bb
...but my all time favorite is still the 512BB.
i would have never thought of that.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
U2usual is on a distinguished road
Aventador because although the GT looks nice, its a bit dated.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Ah, but then the GT 40 is dated too.

I'd give my left nut for an original GT 40.

Just say'n

Old 12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Ford gt dated

Originally Posted by U2usual
Aventador because although the GT looks nice, its a bit dated.
I don't think the original GT40 or the new version could ever be dated.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
FGT, especially if the next FGT is a hybrid (per current rumors). While the FGT is obviously an homage to the GT40, it's an undeniable classic with strong appreciation potential. AND maintenance costs will be significantly lower.

The FGT is a keeper. Hope to have on in my garage down the road.,,

Old 12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
awd vs rwd... the Aventador is a piece of art not to mention well over twice the price

Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
bigscore is on a distinguished road
Lambo all day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ford GT or Aventador