Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

LP560-4 vs LP570-4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 02:21 PM
besiktas will become famous soon enoughbesiktas will become famous soon enough
LP560-4 vs LP570-4

Guys,

I was wondering about the exact differences between LP560 and LP570 Superleggera. I know about the interior and exterior design differences and a weight difference of around 350lbs, but what else?

I am thinking of getting either one of those and put a twin turbo system. I was wondering if LP 570 truly deserves the price difference (around 30%)

How hard would it be to lighten up the 560 to the level of 570? I am also wondering what components on LP 570 are different (lighter) than 560 to make the 350lbs difference.

Thanks in advance,

Salih

Last edited by besiktas; 12-26-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:27 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
With the money you'd spend on weight reduction for the 560 your better off just spending the extra cash on the 570.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:32 PM
besiktas will become famous soon enoughbesiktas will become famous soon enough
You're probably right, but it is 70,000 euros difference I am talking about here, so I decided to see my options

Old 12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
If you're planning to do a TT conversion, it's not going to make a difference. The kind of numbers you'll be putting out, I'd rather get the 560 and focus the difference in price on things to get the power down to the wheels and reinforcing the transmission components as well as a lighter flywheel, stronger clutch, etc.

You can always lighten the car through some old school tricks. Replace glass with Lexan or poly. Remove sound deadening. Swap stock seats with aftermarket Sparco or Recaros. Find a racing battery. Ditch the stock exhaust.

Those alone can yield a 100-150lbs weight reduction.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Heist
If you're planning to do a TT conversion, it's not going to make a difference. The kind of numbers you'll be putting out, I'd rather get the 560 and focus the difference in price on things to get the power down to the wheels and reinforcing the transmission components as well as a lighter flywheel, stronger clutch, etc.

You can always lighten the car through some old school tricks. Replace glass with Lexan or poly. Remove sound deadening. Swap stock seats with aftermarket Sparco or Recaros. Find a racing battery. Ditch the stock exhaust.

Those alone can yield a 100-150lbs weight reduction.
From someone who would know a lot more about this topic than I do.

"That thing felt as fast on 10 psi of boost as mine did at 15 psi of boost, and that's all it took. A combination of gearing, 300 lbs less weight and the UGR proprietary shift program account for that." - houstonT from his new build thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...do-bought.html

Old 12-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmwtek
From someone who would know a lot more about this topic than I do.

"That thing felt as fast on 10 psi of boost as mine did at 15 psi of boost, and that's all it took. A combination of gearing, 300 lbs less weight and the UGR proprietary shift program account for that." - houstonT from his new build thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...do-bought.html

However is that net effect worth the $90,000 difference in entry point price?
You can do a lot to a vehicle on your own to lighten it with $90K to play with and still hit the weight target with money to spare.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:50 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
lp570 has various different improvements including egear programming, stiffer suspension, light weight seats and windows, door panels, bonnets, mirrors etc. HP is also raised with a higher revs.

Last edited by djantlive; 12-26-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:31 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
If you don't care for the interior/exterior changes on the 570 I would save your $ and go for the 560.

I like the interior/exterior of the 570 much more though....