Reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
VA997TT is on a distinguished road
Reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area?

Hello,

I'm looking for a reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area. All leads are appreciated!

Old 05-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
What exactly are you looking for that needs to be done?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 AM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Fraggle can do almost anything on these cars so I would def hit him up first!

But I would check out Chapman Auto Werks:

http://www.taylorchapman.com/Pages/default.aspx

Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM
spoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the rough
I've used http://www.autosportsystems.net/ and am happy with their work.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 PM
GRGx3 is on a distinguished road
I have used www.autobahnserviceinc.com and have been happy with their work so far.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Funktion Auto, tell Walid mick sent you...

Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM
derb will become famous soon enough
I use IMA Motorsport at 25354 Pleasant Valley Rd Unit 155, Chantilly, VA. They are located behind the Cadillac dealer on Rt 50.
Ivan Arzola is the owner. 703.327.9858.

Regards,
mike

Old 05-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Thanks for the shout Patrick. I do all my own work and am willing to tackle almost anything, usually a lot cheaper than anyone else.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:17 PM
karmavore is on a distinguished road
I've had a lot of luck with http://atspeedmotorsports.com/

Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Funktion is a great shop!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 PM
sempaipaul will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by VA997TT
Hello,

I'm looking for a reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area. All leads are appreciated!
After spending years on trying different and new shops I am set on these two:

1. Airpark Auto Service - 8054 Cessna Ave Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (301)519-0147. I know these guys very well. The owners Manny and Nelson have been good service providers and friends for years now. They know me well - drop my name and they will absolutely take care of you. I talk to them at least once every week Manny is a Porsche certified tech that does it ALL. He's been at the game for 30+ years and does anything from air-cooled to the newest tech. Their prices are excellent as well.
  • Have been my maintenance providers for all of our family's cars since 2004
  • Did all major services on the Cayenne including coolant pipe replacement
  • Did all major services on the Mercedes including Rear Main Seal
  • Did all major services on the Carrera
  • Did all major service on our old 87 911
  • Did all major services on my 2.7T Audi including timing belt and engine rebuild
  • Did all major services on a 2001 Cabrio

2. At Speed Motorsports - 7410 Coca Cola Dr #110 Hanover, MD 21076 (410)712-4290
  • I tried these guys out when I needed my Clutch/RMS/IMS replaced on very short notice on my 2000 Carrera. I called around multiple shops and they all gave me outrageous prices or crazy timelines. I then called these guys and talked to their owner Bob. He gave me the absolute cheapest price to do Clutch/RMS/IMS I have heard of and he said he could do it the next day and have the car back to me in 2 days. I dropped my car off and he gave me a tour around his state of the art facility. Showed me all the Porsche Factory Race Cars he had in his show room - and also let me watch as one of his guys took apart a V10 BMW M5 engine. He had my car done THE NEXT MORNING! and I paid $1300 (inc. tax) for all work including LN Engineering, RMS, and labor to install it all together (I provided the clutch).
  • I will be going to these guys soon for a full corner balance and alignment as they have beautiful state of the art machinery.
I tried some other shops including Induktion and NGP (back in my audi days) and they were all ok. Induktion did give me a great price on engine mounts and tranny mounts for my 2.7T Audi. Nothing special about them.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Paul

Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
++++++++++++++++++1

Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^^paul... Well written post. Hey is Manny the same Manny from Autothority in VA? ...

Also Bob Miller no longer owns at speed ... He and I believe the other managing shareholder sold to a third party. I think it should be fine though, I think the management philosophy will remain as it is, it was a known 3rd party.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 AM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
As of 4 months ago, Manny is still at Autorhority. Not sure if its the same person...

They have a good Porsche tech there, Dimitry but they have a new owner (I do not know as of when) and I am not a fan of her but I am a fan of the guys there...

IMA is solid but up there in cost.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:05 PM
ICSPres is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fraggle
What exactly are you looking for that needs to be done?
Resurrecting an old thread, you have experience with aging 955 cayennes? I have a turbo s I want to keep forever but searching for the right shop. Suspension has been my most recent concern but there will be others. I need a shop that knows these cars well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area?