2016 Northern VA Sunday Cars & Coffee Events

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:11 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
2016 Northern VA Sunday Cars & Coffee Events

There are several Sunday morning cars & coffee events in the Northern Virginia area. I attend the one out at Dulles Landing early on many Sundays, and travel over to Fairfax Circle with some friends. I will post pictures from both when I attend these events.

Please post your Sunday Cars & Coffee pictures here.

Dulles Landing: Most people arrive after 7:00AM, and there is plenty of space for all the vehicles. Large groups of like cars park together, with exotics, domestic muscle, off roaders, and hot rods all well-represented. Dunkin Donuts is right there for breakfast. Directions to Dulles Landing -

http://dulleslanding.com/directions

Around 8:30AM, I usually head over to Fairfax Circle to see a slightly different crowd. A smattering of hot rods, imports and exotics dominate this venue. Coffee and snacks are available at Cameron's, with very good baked goods. This parking lot is at 9653 Lee Highway (29), in Fairfax, VA.

Today was the first Sunday of 2016, and the clear skies and 29 degree temperature did not discourage people from coming out. After all, this isn't bad weather at all for January!

--Bob Collum

'Moby'.

The Foci.

Corvette Grand Sport.

Mopars.

The early Jeep guys.

NSX.

911 variety pack.

Contrast.

BMWs.

GT3 RS.

Paul's Triumph TR3.

Dino's Ford GT.

Bobert's XKR.

Corvettes at Fairfax Corner.

Interesting overflow bottle for the rat rod.

Rat Rod.

Team Williams, arriving.

Beck Spyder.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:27 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Sunday, 01/17/16 - Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle

This morning's temperature? - cool, but not mid-January cold. It was high-thirties when I left my house at 6:40AM. There was a forecast of flurries, but they did not start until 11:30AM. Not a bad morning at all for the few who came out to these two events. How bad could it have been? Look what I drove!

--Bob Collum

Old 01-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Northern VA - Sunday Cars & Coffee Events - 01/31/16

All in all, a pretty good day, weather-wise. I have spent far too much time inside, due to the recent snowstorm, so I was anxious to get a car out. I chose the Seven, and the morning was clear but a little cool. Still, no problems getting anywhere on the by-now-cleared roads. Sadly, I did not have a lot of company, at either Dulles Landing or at Fairfax Circle today.

The majority of attendees at Dulles Landing were in Jeeps, and it was me and a C7 Corvette by ourselves for quite a while at Fairfax Circle. We were eventually joined by a Porsche Turbo, Mike in his Cayenne, and a minivan.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Germcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really nice
Great seeing you again Bob! When I get back in town we can just meet up at Dulles and convoy over to Cameron's. I promise it'll be cleaner.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:34 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=rcollum;4464662]All in all, a pretty good day, weather-wise. I have spent far too much time inside, due to the recent snowstorm, so I was anxious to get a car out. I chose the Seven, and the morning was clear but a little cool. Still, no problems getting anywhere on the by-now-cleared roads. Sadly, I did not have a lot of company, at either Dulles Landing or at Fairfax Circle today.

The majority of attendees at Dulles Landing were in Jeeps, and it was me and a C7 Corvette by ourselves for quite a while at Fairfax Circle. We were eventually joined by a Porsche Turbo, Mike in his Cayenne, and a minivan.

--Bob Collum

Is that Mikes while minivan?

Old 02-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 02/07/16

Not a big turnout at either location, but some worthwhile vehicles at both venues. For exotics, though, it was Matt M's F430, Bobert's XKR-S, and Dino brought his brother's Viper.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Dulles Landing, 02/21/16

We managed a pretty good showing this morning, ahead of some rain. A good portion of those in attendance were a large group of Mustangs, who arrived en masse.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 02/28/16

We had a reasonable turnout at both venues, on a cool but clear morning, the last Sunday in February.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-28-2016, 02:39 PM
A Cars & Coffee 'Public Service Announcement'

A reminder that, as much as we all enjoy our automotive hobby, we need to be careful driving to & from our events. Keep the image below in mind, and drive carefully.

We lost the Fair Lakes venue last year, so we know it can happen.

--Bob Collum

Don't let this happen to you!

Old 03-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 03/06/16

A light turnout today, at both Dulles Landing and at Fairfax Corner. I guess people are waiting for warmer weather!

--Bob Collum

Old 03-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 03/13/16

The events today were predictably light in attendance, in both locations. It was overcast this morning, with some rain threatening. Also, this was the first day of Daylight Savings, meaning that everybody lost an hour of sleep. Still, even with the smaller turnouts, the interesting cars & people that did show up made it worth the trip!

Since rain was in the forecast, I left the Seven at home, and brought my 'comfortable' car, the Elise.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 03/20/16

Not what I would call a good turnout in either location this morning, almost certainly due to the rain/very light snow overnight. No accumulation, and the roads were mostly dry this morning, but it was cold and overcast. Not a typical "first day of spring". We will do better next week.

--Bob Collum

Only three of us showed up at Fairfax Circle...

Old 03-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Dulles Landing, 03/27/16

Today was Easter Sunday, so Cameron's at Fairfax Corner was closed. Dulles Landing had a pretty good turnout. A brand-new, flat-plane-crank V8 Mustang GT 350 was there, as well as several other interesting vehicles.

--Bob Collum

Old 04-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 04/03/16

The calendar might say it's spring, but somebody didn't get the message. It was in the mid-thirties this morning, with high, gusty winds. I even saw a few snow flurries on the way to Dulles Landing this morning. What brings people out on a morning like this? Well, for me, it's to see interesting cars... While these two venues were slow to get started, we ended up with a good crowd at both.

--Bob Collum

Old 04-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Mustang - Ettore Bugatti Edition?

From Dulles Landing on 4/3/16. Check out the off badge in the blacked-out panel between the tail lights. (OK, the "E" on a Bugatti would be backwards.)

--Bob Collum

Attached Images   

Last edited by rcollum; 04-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Northern VA Sunday Cars & Coffee Events