New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New '15 Aston V8V GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Sky Fall is on a distinguished road
New '15 Aston V8V GT

Greetings,
My name is David and the proud new owner of a 2015 Aston Martin Vantage GT, my dream car! It is finished in beautiful SkyFall silver, 6 speed and only had 1400 miles since new. I don't mind saying I traded in a classic 1981 Pontiac Trans am, and paid $67k after trade for this amazing machine. I always aspired for a 2006 or 07 Vantage, (my favorite color was Ghilles Green) but when I saw this oppurtunity I couldn't pass it up! Its same as new and the color has a lot of fleck with hints of Blue.
Here's a list of small enhancements I've done so far: The first night I had it in my garage, I popped the grill off and painted some portions of the radiator support flat black, for a more finished look.
In the boot area: Bought an AM boot mat, took an AM hood badge and afixed it to the inside of the rear window package tray, replaced the 42mm festoon bulbs in the boot with LED, so I can actually see in there.
Exterior: purchased a AM carbon Fiber license plate surround (spendy about $80, but the best thing I could find compared to aftermarkets) and smoked signal repeaters, which, in my opinion, should have been on the car from the beginning? I'm actually suprised more owners don't swap these out, as the stock white ones show both the orange bulb and the black O-Ring... opinions? Other than wanting to change the Amber side markers out, I'm leaving this work of art's exterior alone!
Interior: Replaced the foot well and puddle lamps weak incandescent yellow bulbs with cool white LED's. I thought it really went well with the already cool white LED in the map/reading lights overhead, the blue digital display in the dash, blue glove box button, and headrest buttons.
Bonnet: OK, please let me know your opinions on this one: I attached a 20 inch cool white LED to the underside of the engine brace and threw some light on the 4.7 power plant. I think its pretty cool, as I like to attend some night "drive ins" at local shows. I discreetly wired it to the side maker lamp, its not visible when not lit, and can easily be unplugged from the engine compartment if not desired. It cost me $11 and one hour. Let me know your opinion.....
I've been a reader of this forum for quite some time, and have learned alot from similar owners, and look froward to sharing any tips I can contribute. I'd love to hear your feedback: good, bad, or otherwise, as not all enhancements are necessarily beneficial.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	118.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	433943   Click image for larger version

Name:	127.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	433944   Click image for larger version

Name:	077.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	433945   Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	3.86 MB
ID:	433946  
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2015, 03:07 AM
Former Vendor
carid will become famous soon enough
Hello David and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase - you're an owner of stunning ride! Forum like this is the best way to make new friends and learn something new about a passion that runs deep. Enjoy your new ride and your time here!

Old 12-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed, David! I like the light on the brace. Good job.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST