Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Unplug the washer fluid low sensor? V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:23 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Unplug the washer fluid low sensor? V8V

In my V8V I think I likely have a leak in the windshield washer fluid reservoir... (Probably a crack or something due to age) I put water in... leaks out in a few days. Warning message comes up on the dash. I don't really care to take the fender apart to find out where as I never use the windshield washers anyway... It wasn't immediately obvious where the sensor wire came from... If anyone has figured this out let me know. And if unplugging would stop the fluid low code? Or just keep it always on? Thanks!

Old 11-04-2015, 06:35 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
In my V8V I think I likely have a leak in the windshield washer fluid reservoir... (Probably a crack or something due to age) I put water in... leaks out in a few days. Warning message comes up on the dash. I don't really care to take the fender apart to find out where as I never use the windshield washers anyway... It wasn't immediately obvious where the sensor wire came from... If anyone has figured this out let me know. And if unplugging would stop the fluid low code? Or just keep it always on? Thanks!
Hmm, I guess it is not an MOT-failure in the States not having a screen-washing facility.

As for the leakage: it's most probably the rubber grommet/ring that seals the pump in the reservoir; this is the lowest point (below the sensor) and due to age these 'seals' perish. I'd be taking the fender lining out and repair it: it's a cheap fix anyway.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:53 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Mine has been cracked for ages, but apparently toward the top. I don't get a low level warning, but it leaks when filled to a certain point. Was told it's labor intensive to replace because of where it's at in the car, but haven't actually looked into it.