Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS with Carrera S wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 AM
aalencar is on a distinguished road
Panamera GTS with Carrera S wheels

When placing the order for my Panamera GTS I wanted to avoid the Turbo II wheels since my old Panamera V6 had them. I almost chose the Panamera Sport wheels but in the end went with the Turbo II again.

I am now in love with the 20" Carrera S wheels painted platinum. I called my dealer to check if they were able to change the order but my car is scheduled for production in 2 days!

I see no reason why the Carrera wheels would not fit in the Panamera, am I wrong?

The dealer is checking on ways to get them. However, I feel the dealer might not be the cheapest option. Any tips on getting trustful Porsche OEM wheels and getting rid of the brand new wheels that are coming with the GTS?

Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:48 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by aalencar
When placing the order for my Panamera GTS I wanted to avoid the Turbo II wheels since my old Panamera V6 had them. I almost chose the Panamera Sport wheels but in the end went with the Turbo II again.

I am now in love with the 20" Carrera S wheels painted platinum. I called my dealer to check if they were able to change the order but my car is scheduled for production in 2 days!

I see no reason why the Carrera wheels would not fit in the Panamera, am I wrong?

The dealer is checking on ways to get them. However, I feel the dealer might not be the cheapest option. Any tips on getting trustful Porsche OEM wheels and getting rid of the brand new wheels that are coming with the GTS?

I personally like black sport wheels more, but they are not forged like turbo ii. The et might not be the same. There was a thread on these i think by dhh, do search.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:45 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
If you get the turbo II's again pass on the factory 5MM wheel spacers. I just installed RSS 15mm spaces front and rear and it looks a million times better!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by kip
I personally like black sport wheels more, but they are not forged like turbo ii. The et might not be the same. There was a thread on these i think by dhh, do search.

The offset not being the same is my main concern. Since the Carrera S wheel is offered on the car configurator for the Boxster and 911 I wonder if it is not a fit for the Panamera. I could not find the info anywhere.

The thread from dhh was talking about aftermarket wheels. I want to keep OEM wheels.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by PCJR
If you get the turbo II's again pass on the factory 5MM wheel spacers. I just installed RSS 15mm spaces front and rear and it looks a million times better!
Do you have a picture by any chance? That sounds interesting.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:12 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The offset not being the same is my main concern. Since the Carrera S wheel is offered on the car configurator for the Boxster and 911 I wonder if it is not a fit for the Panamera. I could not find the info anywhere.

The thread from dhh was talking about aftermarket wheels. I want to keep OEM wheels.
I meant this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-panamera.html

Seems they wont fit...

Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Bummer, that seems to answer my question... Well let's hope Porsche comes up with something similar for the Panamera!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Do you have a picture by any chance? That sounds interesting.
Passenger side is stock, 5MM in rear only.
Front and rear driver side both with 15MM spacer, removed factory 5MM from the rear.

Sorry picture quality is not great but this should give an idea . Car looks much more aggressive!

Attached Images     
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Front and rear driver side both with 15MM spacer, removed factory 5MM from the rear.

Sorry picture quality is not great but this should give an idea . Car looks much more aggressive!
It sure looks better. I will follow your suggestion! Thanks for taking the time to send the pics.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:34 PM
It sure looks better. I will follow your suggestion! Thanks for taking the time to send the pics.
No problem, pictures don't do it justice! I got them from RSS, board sponser here.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough

It's hard to believe you don't have any rubbing with those 15mm spacers in the front. How many miles have you put on the car and what kind of driving since you installed the spacers? Also, make SURE you use longer lug bolts.

Last edited by umwolverine; 01-29-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by umwolverine
It's hard to believe you don't have any rubbing with those 15mm spacers in the front. How many miles have you put on the car and what kind of driving since you installed the spacers? Also, make SURE you use longer lug bolts.

Drove the car this morning, typical route as everyday. NO problems to report. Also, take a look at all of these cars w/22" wheels and their more aggressive offsets and no reported rubbing issues ever mentioned.

RSS kits come with longer wheels bolts and a locator pin to prevent dropping the wheel onto the brakes when removing and reinstalling the wheels.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 PM
This is the email I got from Porsche this AM. Indeed, the wheels do not fit...

Thank you for your request.
The 20" Carrera S wheels are only available for the 911 models.
This wheel is the only one which is available in platinum.

So unfortunately it's not possible to order this wheel for your Panamera
GTS.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Dominic Mayer
Customer Consultant Exclusive & Tequipment

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Porscheplatz 1
D-70435 Stuttgart

Telefon: +49 (0) 711 / 911 - 2 45 04
Fax: +49 (0) 711 / 911 - 2 41 28

Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
DRKNGHT will become famous soon enoughDRKNGHT will become famous soon enough
love the look