Sponsored by:

**What To Do???**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Lifesgud2 is on a distinguished road
**What To Do???**

Guys,

I currently have a 750LI and the lease is up. I have driven the new BMW 650 Conv, the CLS 63, E 63, and the TT Panamera. The appearance of the Pan has def grown on me over the last couple of months especially the TT. I was going to wait until the new M5 came out as I had a 2008 and loved it. The Pan would be a daily driver, but my biz partner is trying to talk me out of it and saying that I would be bored of the car in 2 years. Any feedback to be appreciated.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Sinan is on a distinguished road
You would be bored of the Pan TT and not others? It's def the most fun to drive among your list. My close friend just got the CLS63, I didn't drive his, but he drove mine. He says PTT is def better, just higher MSRP. I owned E60 M5 which was a lot of fun but again PTT is more fun and def more practical as a daily driver. And I don't consider 6 series non-M car in the same category so that's out I also owned a 2009 SL63 AMG, was not nearly as fun as the PTT. But again, because it's convertible people might think differently. Considering the dynamics, driving please, stability, especially transmission, power and power delivery to the road, PTT wins hands down. Ask the same question in the AMG forums and try comparing the inputs to get a more unbiased view..

Old 02-04-2012, 09:54 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Since you currently own a 750 you may be used to a bigger car. The PTT will not lose its appeal anytime soon. Not as big as the 7, way faster, but still can be a luxury car. Enough room for 4. Perfect size really.

New M5 will be as fast, less expensive and very nice. But it is a lot smaller inside. So if you take people in the back seat I think your list should be:

Panamera TT, Alpina B7 SWB, S63 and new Audi S8.

Any one of those will get you from A to B quickly and comfortably. None will be more fun or engaging than the PTT.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:32 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
M5 smaller than a Panamera inside? If you take people in the back you should take the Panamera?
Somehow I don't think this is the right answer.

Back seat? Always better in the M5 in terms of space. The back seats are made for 2.5 people, but in the Panamera are just for two.

Anyhow, the PTT is still the most interesting car among all.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:15 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
If you get bored with the Panamera there is something seriously wrong with you!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Sarum87 is on a distinguished road
i've had my PTT for a year and a half and i absolutely love it. i think the interior is much nicer than the M5. The porsche is very fast and I plan on keeping mine for a while. I usually get in and out of high end cars every 2-3 years but i don't see anything else that i like as much. The car gets looks every day, passengers in the back love it (they loved the back seats by the way) and it is a great daily driver.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
M5 smaller than a Panamera inside? If you take people in the back you should take the Panamera?
Somehow I don't think this is the right answer.

Back seat? Always better in the M5 in terms of space. The back seats are made for 2.5 people, but in the Panamera are just for two.

Anyhow, the PTT is still the most interesting car among all.
To clarify - M5 can sit 2.5 or 3 if you must - PTT is a only a 4 seater. When I spoke of "more" space and comfort I am looking at seating and especially leg room, not number of occupants. M5 has much less leg room than the PTT. So as long as you are just taking 4 adutls the PTT offers superior room and comfort to the M5 for the rear passengers.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Sinan is on a distinguished road
I've owned both cars, M5 has significantly less leg room than PTT. Agreed.

Originally Posted by supercup
To clarify - M5 can sit 2.5 or 3 if you must - PTT is a only a 4 seater. When I spoke of "more" space and comfort I am looking at seating and especially leg room, not number of occupants. M5 has much less leg room than the PTT. So as long as you are just taking 4 adutls the PTT offers superior room and comfort to the M5 for the rear passengers.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
I was talking about the new M5. Which is bigger and has quad-zone climate control and has rear-seat entertainment and heated rear seats, just like the Panamera has. It doesn't have individual rear seats, so if you're hugely fat you're way better in the backseat of an M5, but it's good.
I think the OP mentioned it in his first post and this is why I've ignored the E60.
The thing is the F10 M5 is quite some time away for the US, while the Panamera is here right now.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Dad always said, if you really want something, or can't decide between two things, wait a month, don't think about it, and then re-visit. This is obviously a major purchase, and if you make a mistake, you will have to live with it, and I can't think of anything more painful than a six-figure mistake like this. Everyone here loves to give opinions and, honestly, the opinions you get here from real owners are the best source of feedback. BUT, if you are looking to be swayed one way or the other, that in and of itself is a mistake. If you aren't so passionate about the PTT that the impending M5 is clouding your thoughts, then wait until you can drive one. Honestly, how important are the back seats? Many probably never even use them, and unless you regularly have 3 occupants back there, it really shouldn't factor much in your thought process. Likewise, performance is very important, but if 95% of your driving consists of mundane commuting, how important is it really? For me, the M5 is just bland. It is prettier than the P-car, but not nearly as sexy. Too many factors to list, and indecision sucks, but for a purchase like this, there can be no doubt. Wait it out, drive the M5 and then decide.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
It's like people who say "size doesn't matter.." the only ones saying that are those who don't have any

If your partner had a PTT he/she wouldn't be saying you'd get bored.
It's truly one of the more impressive vehicles I've driven, period.

Of course if you go to a BMW site you'd hear the opposite...
Bottom line, you have to try it for yourself, but be warned once you get hooked on a Porsche... you'll be hooked for live.

Whatever you do just enjoy the hell out of it, 'cause ya know life is good when you have these kinds of "problems" !

Old 02-07-2012, 01:55 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
Both previous posts were very well put!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
The thing is the F10 M5 is quite some time away for the US, while the Panamera is here right now.
Exactly! How can you pass this up??????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.