Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

squeaky brakes can't be "normal"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
squeaky brakes can't be "normal"

After 11 years of driving C4S cabs, I opted for a 4S Panny. The brakes squeak like crazy. Tried the burnishing thing driving to 80 mph then hard stops a few times and that may have worked for a bit. The car was a CPO preowned so there had to be at least 50% on the pads.
The dealers say this is common with Porsches. Really? Everyone with a Panamera have to listen to this constantly? Any ideas out there?
Thanks!

Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
need some anti squeal on the back of pads between pistons or the synthetic spacer on some track pads.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
I love my 4s, but brakes do squeal pretty bad...

Old 05-07-2013, 11:34 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Only when downhill and turning sharply Like multi Story parking garage. I have pccb, My 997tt stocks used to sound Like an ole bus.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
SoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Funny you started your thread, I went to the stealership yesterday to complain about the squeaky brakes and they stated that this was normal and I have about 50% left on my pads. I have a 2011 PTT and said this is common......

Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM
disden will become famous soon enough
horrible, awful squeaking brakes on my GTS, has done it almost since birth, but more so over the last few thousand miles.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:47 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
hmm, by the sounds of it something's wrong with this picture....the anti squeal may be worth a shot. thanks.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
It's not unusual for carbon ceramic brakes to squeal, especially when cold. It's not normal for standard steel brakes.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I've got steel brakes on my PTT and they have squeaked under certain (usually light braking from slow speeds like in a parking lot) since new, dealer claims this is normal.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
halb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura about
Brake pad squeal

The anti-squeal grease will usually do the trick. If you have basic tools and are confident removing the pads from the caliper it's an easy procedure. Apply the grease to the BACK of the pad where the piston makes contact. I like to apply a coating along the lip of the piston also for good measure.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
I too had the same problem with my pccb awhile back and called PNA and she said its by design, huh?? So Porsche designed the brakes to squeal. If only I can reach out and slap that ***** silly.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm...I have zero squeak on my GTS.....that said, I also don't feel as though the brakes have as much "stopping power" as my recent M3 did...I know of course this is all in my head, and likely due to the fact that this car weighs like 30,000 pounds....ha Anyway, drove it last night with the wife on date night....damn, what a luxurious car, with that hidden beast inside it!

Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
No sqeak on my C4S or GT3 with OEM PCCBs.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cvprez
I've got steel brakes on my PTT and they have squeaked under certain (usually light braking from slow speeds like in a parking lot) since new, dealer claims this is normal.
Same here, only squeak sith light brake and low speed on both Cayenne and Panamera, both on steel.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:13 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
My previous car which had brembo squeak so much it sounded like a bus coming to a stop. My PTT has no squeak though which I am surprised.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: squeaky brakes can't be "normal"