Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIAC or FVD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 06:17 PM
s4orce666 is on a distinguished road
GIAC or FVD?

Contemplating of putting a tune on my 2010PTT and have sort of narrowed it down to either GIAC or FVD. Anyone want to chime in on their experience? I have heard a lot of good things about GIAC and I do have first hand experience on their products. The flashloader is kind of handy when bringing the car back to the dealership for warranty work. However, the well mapped-out stages offered by FVD leads me to think they have done some serious R&D as well. Do they offer a similar device to revert the software back to stock? This might be key as the only one dealership we have over here is quite sticky about aftermarket stuffs.......

Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by s4orce666
Contemplating of putting a tune on my 2010PTT and have sort of narrowed it down to either GIAC or FVD. Anyone want to chime in on their experience? I have heard a lot of good things about GIAC and I do have first hand experience on their products. The flashloader is kind of handy when bringing the car back to the dealership for warranty work. However, the well mapped-out stages offered by FVD leads me to think they have done some serious R&D as well. Do they offer a similar device to revert the software back to stock? This might be key as the only one dealership we have over here is quite sticky about aftermarket stuffs.......
The GIAC flash was my first mod... It's worked very well (no issues and nice power boost) and does have the flashback (which is nice but honestly I've never used). I believe it's tuned for 91 octane so I believe limited there if you can run 93 or higher (i always run 93+).

I'm now progressing in my mod stages and as I progress, realizing that FVD has done the most R&D for the PTT with the software supporting stages up to 730hp and even potential for more with the work they are now doing with the new intercooler technology for PTT... Needless to say, I'm seriously now considering the FVD software (with stage 4 FVD turbos) or a custom tune- just sayn

Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM
EliahP is on a distinguished road
I've heard nothing but great things about GIAC & nothing about FVD.

I checked their site and I wasnt able to find anything for the new PTT 971

Old 06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pbread
The GIAC flash was my first mod... It's worked very well (no issues and nice power boost) and does have the flashback (which is nice but honestly I've never used). I believe it's tuned for 91 octane so I believe limited there if you can run 93 or higher (i always run 93+).
The GIAC software can be optimized for 91 or 93 octane depending on what's available to you. The even have optimized tunes for European fuel levels. We use GIAC exclusively and only use 93 to tune.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
Any interest in evoms software?

can do it at a good member price and have had lots of sucess and good feed back with their numbers and product line

lawerence@undercover

Evolution MotorSports Engine Performance System for the 2011 Cayenne Turbo / Panamera Turbo improves engine power and torque for impressive performance gains. The stock 4.8L twin turbo engine with 500 HP is increased to 580 HP with the OEM integrated sports button. Engine torque is also increased from 516 lb.-ft. to 605 lb.-ft which dramatically improves acceleration and overall engine performance. Additionally, in normal engine performance mode, power is increased to 550 HP and 575 TQ. (See performance specifications below)

Benefits:
Extensively Tested and Tuned on the Dyno, Street and Track
Significant Increases to horsepower and torque
~50 HP & ~60 + lb/ft. TQ – Normal Engine Performance Mode
~80 HP & ~40 + lb/ft. TQ – Sports Plus Engine Performance Mode
Dramatically improves overall engine performance
Always activated and integrates seamlessly into the OEM electronics
Easy “Plug and Play” installation with ZERO modifications to any OEM component
100% reversible at anytime without any traces of the car being modified
Extensively tested and during dyno simulation and real world driving conditions
Performance Validated - Texas Mile Testing 2010
Tested safe on both 91 octane and 93 octane fuels
Does not interfere with OEM diagnostics or dealer service
Does not disable any of the OEM electronic engine safety features
Lifetime warranty – Original purchaser EVOMSit Intelligent Engine Control Module

Old 06-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind that "claimed" numbers mean nothing without baseline numbers taken in the same environment. Many companies claim a certain crank horsepower number, but produce no data to back it up. GIAC produces true dyno sheets with wheel horsepower numbers, which is really the only way to get an accurate reading without pulling the motor.

We have seen Panamera piggyback units on the dyno, and the power gains were roughly half of what we see with a GIAC tune. We can also help you get set up with different power stages if you want to go beyond only the software upgrade.