Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for panamera owners with air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Question for panamera owners with air suspension

To those of you who have the air suspension you know how when you turn the car off and open the door you will hear a noise which is the air suspension either lowering or raising to the pre-drive position?

Do any of you hear a similar noise when you go over bumps in the road or are stopped at a light?

This GTS is making a weird noise when driving that is on and off which I've never heard before and constant at lights. It sounds similar to the air suspension so I'm not sure if its normal or not.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:38 PM
CB_Panny is on a distinguished road
I can't hear mine when the car is running or stopped at lights. But I do not have the auto-stop active that shuts the engine off at lights. I'll turn it on and let you know.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:57 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CB_Panny
I can't hear mine when the car is running or stopped at lights. But I do not have the auto-stop active that shuts the engine off at lights. I'll turn it on and let you know.
This is when the car is on not when it's off.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:57 AM
So really only one owner out there with an air suspension panny? Really??

Old 06-14-2014, 08:21 AM
If you can hear adjustments with the engine running, something is wrong. I did notice a couple times I stopped at a light and couldn't hear anything even with the radio off. Porsche noise isolates the compressor really well and be surprised if it's normal.

Is it a motor/compressor noise or is more of a groan?

Old 06-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by speedsterr
So really only one owner out there with an air suspension panny? Really??
I also think your issue is that the height adjustments are so subtle and quiet that most owners don't even know it's doing it.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:47 AM
If you can hear adjustments with the engine running, something is wrong. I did notice a couple times I stopped at a light and couldn't hear anything even with the radio off. Porsche noise isolates the compressor really well and be surprised if it's normal.

Is it a motor/compressor noise or is more of a groan?
Well after paying attention more I noticed at a light when the noise became constant it was definitely the air suspension because with the front car as my reference I could see the car from the front adjusting the height.

The noise doesn't happen on the highway. I think it is the air suspension doing it's normal thing continually adjusting but I can hear it occasionally. I wonder why I can hear it. Maybe I have a better ear than most or something is going on.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Have you noticed if the noise is during front and rear adjustments or just front? Pretty tough to know when rear adjusts but if it's front only, I would investigate bushings. Several people have had swaybar bushing issues. If it's not lubed, guessing you would hear it. Lower control arm has been a past issue but I think they corrected that towards the end of 2010.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Have you noticed if the noise is during front and rear adjustments or just front? Pretty tough to know when rear adjusts but if it's front only, I would investigate bushings. Several people have had swaybar bushing issues. If it's not lubed, guessing you would hear it. Lower control arm has been a past issue but I think they corrected that towards the end of 2010.
It's hard to tell when rear adjusts. It's not a bushing noise because that's a squeak. This is definitely going from the air suspension

Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I would go test drive the same model and see if its the same. I have fairly good/sensitive hearing and can't hear mine. Let me know if you get to a conclusion.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I would go test drive the same model and see if its the same. I have fairly good/sensitive hearing and can't hear mine. Let me know if you get to a conclusion.
My dealer that this was from doesn't have another with the air suspension so I will try the other dealer, they are a bit bigger perhaps they have one.