Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS or Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 06:43 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Panamera GTS or Turbo

I am thinking about getting a Panamera. I am not sure whether to get the GTS or the Turbo. I am concerned, if I get the GTS, I will miss the power and torque that I have in my current daily driver, a Cayenne Turbo ( my lease will be up soon for this vehicle ). For those of you who have driven them both, is the turbo as engaging as the GTS? I had a 2011 PTT and I could hardly hear the exhaust. I hear the exhaust note on the 2014 turbo is a whole lot better. Any thoughts?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo
I am thinking about getting a Panamera. I am not sure whether to get the GTS or the Turbo. I am concerned, if I get the GTS, I will miss the power and torque that I have in my current daily driver, a Cayenne Turbo ( my lease will be up soon for this vehicle ). For those of you who have driven them both, is the turbo as engaging as the GTS? I had a 2011 PTT and I could hardly hear the exhaust. I hear the exhaust note on the 2014 turbo is a whole lot better. Any thoughts?
Aha! This was exactly my dilemma! I had '12 Cayenne Turbo, loved it....drove a '13 GTS and loved that even more so ordered a '14 GTS that I took delivery of last October. I just traded that and took delivery of a '14 Panamera TT because I missed the power of the turbo! The '14 PTT rocks...sound with sport exhaust is fantastic!

If you were coming from anything, but a Cayenne TT, I would say that the GTS is fine. However, given that you are coming from a CTT, you MUST go to a PTT.

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	395244  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Agree with Gel - go turbo and dont look back.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
In my experience, it is tough to go from the Turbo to an N/A model (on a similar platform). Most guys end up trying to throw mods at the N/A car to improve the performance, when going with the Turbo from the start would have been an easier path.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:18 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Turbo in the end I bought my first panny was a 4s. Didn't want to drop the extra on a turbo. 8 months later did it and costed more in the end and couldn't be happier

Old 07-09-2014, 07:02 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
we had an 08 CTT and now an 014 Pan GTS. There is definitely more low-end torque from the turbo motors but the exhaust note of the GTS is simply intoxicating. I am aso pretty sure the Pan GTS has better acceleration than the CTT simply due to the better power/weight ratio

Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
we had an 08 CTT and now an 014 Pan GTS. There is definitely more low-end torque from the turbo motors but the exhaust note of the GTS is simply intoxicating. I am aso pretty sure the Pan GTS has better acceleration than the CTT simply due to the better power/weight ratio
From 0-60... Turbo>GTS.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Porsche lists CTT 0-60 4.4s, CTTS 0-60 4.3s, Pan GTS 0-60 4.2s. I would guess from a roll the turbos on boost would get a jump on the N/A motor.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Originally Posted by eclou
Porsche lists CTT 0-60 4.4s, CTTS 0-60 4.3s, Pan GTS 0-60 4.2s. I would guess from a roll the turbos on boost would get a jump on the N/A motor.
The Panny GTS is no doubt faster than the Cayenne TT. The CTT has a crapy Japanese tranny that Lexus uses and not to mention the added weight and 2 speed transfer case.

I got the Panny GTS because it was faster than CTT, but in the end, I just loved that torque from the TT engine! With the GTS, you need to get it above 4K RPM to really get it going and there's some drama to that! Especially with the family in the car. The PTT is stealth, rocks the road under 3K RPM.

Cheers!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:10 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
This has been debated a lot here. I think you have to decide if you want engine note or if you want power. GTS is a great car - super sound, great handling etc... PTT has the power. If you want engine note in PTT you need to add down pipes and exhaust, GIAC and your done close to 600 hp and all the torque you could ever want.

I have PTT and love it. It may not be as engaging as a GTS to drive, but it is in a different speed class. I would go Turbo!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:24 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
As others have mentioned they are different cars with different power delivery. Personally I love the GTS the sounds it makes is just fantastic.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:13 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you all for your input. I also suspect if I go with the N/A engine I will miss the torque pull of the turbo. I am probably going to go with the turbo but I will be test driving them back to back this weekend. I will let you all know my thoughts.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
Go with a slightly used PTT. Thats it.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by doktorek
Go with a slightly used PTT. Thats it.
Exactly.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:24 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
^^^^^ agreed toss an exhaust on it there you go. Then when u get the bug add more and more and more

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera GTS or Turbo