996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Want to see how your insurance rates!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 03:22 PM
dkc_gt2 is on a distinguished road
Want to see how your insurance rates!?

Chubb is the best by far...

http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/indexdetaillist.html

Old 09-02-2003, 03:42 PM
jim
jim is on a distinguished road
For some reason all the good auto insurance companies do not provide service in Massachusetts. Anybody know what's up with that?

Old 09-02-2003, 03:59 PM
AMG-ETR
Re: Want to see how your insurance rates!?

Originally posted by dkc_gt2
Chubb is the best by far...

http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/indexdetaillist.html
I SECOND THAT!! My turbo is Covered under Chubb, and the rate is GREAT!!!!! This is not with me as the primary driver this is my dad (50yrs old with no record) as primary, and me as secondary, but daymn is Chubb good!! We use them for all of our cars, they write Ferrari's and stuff no questions asked, and always have great rates. They have waved 2 preowned car inspections for us, since we are such good customers. You guys should all check them out...
Evan

Old 09-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Doody is on a distinguished road
jim - massachusetts has one of the stupidest insurance systems in the country. it's a lobbying scam by the insurance companies and the public gets screwed. the only upside is that everybody is insured (unlike some other states where you can get hit by an uninsured driver and you're just SOL on collecting anything from them 'cuz they have no money).

nobody can sell auto insurance in MA unless they pay into the state kitty to cover the people who can't or shouldn't have insurance.

i've considered moving out of the state on more than one occassion - it's a crappy state to own nice cars in.

doody.

Old 09-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
I have Chubb to and they are by far the best!!! I have them on my condo as well as my auto's!!

Old 09-02-2003, 05:48 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
MA insurance sux (actually most MA laws suck and are so outdated - I wanna move West...)!!
They have this step system where every ticket you get bumps you up tp steps to a max of step 35 (which I am - I pay like 7700!!!)

Old 09-02-2003, 06:52 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chubb seems to be the best -I have used them for years and having the option for agreed value is key with the way these cars have depreciated

Old 09-02-2003, 07:43 PM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
I should seek another insurance for sure...

Old 09-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Orli930 is on a distinguished road
I also have Chubb.....they are the best!

Old 09-03-2003, 12:22 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Appears results are not adjusted for market share. Per policy stats would be a much more accurate measure of bad faith/good faith.

You'll notice that the service rankings are almost identical to market share rank.

So, now that we know they're all fairly similar in those terms, only one is a AAA credit rated company - GEICO, a wholly owned Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary. Their check will always clear :-)

Old 09-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Doody is on a distinguished road
for the benefit of the suckers that live in MA, i pulled the following list of companies off of the following web page of the site of William Francis Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth: http://www.state.ma.us/sec/cis/cisyld/yldidx.htm . The list of companies apparently reflects all the different companies who do business in MA and are offering ANY sort of insurance discount. working on the assumption that some company offering no possible discounts (good driver record, multiple cars, low mileage, etc. etc.) wouldn't last long, i'm assuming that this is THE LIST of all the people who do auto insurance in MA.

the green folks are on the "Best" list of this site. the red folks are on the "Worst" list. the black folks aren't listed. the numbers are the ranking on the lists (3 = 3rd best or worst, as colored).

2 Fireman's Fund - apparently part of Allianz
3 Amica
6 OneBeacon - apparently part of White Mountain
8 Electric Insurance
9 Masswest - apparently part of Winterthur Credit Swiss
16 Quincy Mutual Fire
23 Norfolk & Dedham
32 National Grange
43 Premier Insurance - Travelers

2 State Farm
3 Encompass - apparently part of Allstate
5 Liberty Mutual
6 USAA
11 MetLife
31 Sentry/Middlesex
40 Commerce
44 Arbella
48 Safety

? Casco
? Clarendon
? Fitchburg Mutual
? Hanover
? Holyoke Mutual
? Plymouth Rock Assurance

i'm not touting this as anything to go act on per se. i don't understand the methodology, and they don't provide any real data, so i think it's simply "directionally interesting" data. the fact that there are so many green players really surprises me in this state, so i'm a tad skeptical.

i've had Safety (horrifically bad), Liberty Mutual (i always thought they were good folks), and now have Commerce (who don't impress me, but haven't screwed me).

in MA you apparently cannot legally do stuff like "stated value" with any of these people. there apparently is no way to collect diminished value other than to sue after the fact - and if you were at fault or nobody was at fault, there's nobody to sue. apparently you can buy an "inland marine policy" to cover stuff like diminished value, but my agents could never actually figure it all out.

doody.

Old 09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
jim
jim is on a distinguished road
thanks Mr Doody!!!

Jim

Old 09-03-2003, 06:47 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I use Leland West.
www.lelandwest.com

Old 09-03-2003, 09:41 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about State Farm. I have heard different things for different states. When my TT was totaled they were a huge help and pleasure to deal with. I handed them receipts for work and mods to the car and they paid. In a market that was depressed. Then my rates never really went up...OK 60.00 a year when I moved up to the 996TT. I pay about 100.00 a month for 0/100 ded. Not to shabby.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:54 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Damned those guys... I have them also Stephen. Except mine's like 3k per year. I'm also married, have a clean driver's record as does my wife. Time to call them up I think

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Want to see how your insurance rates!?