996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The CGT garage operation was a success - barely...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 06:56 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
The CGT garage operation was a success - barely...

It would not work going front end first, and after eyeball assistance from a neighbor, we managed to get it backed in (with a 1/4" to spare!)

Last edited by ben, lj; 12-10-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
that's cutting it close...time to get a lift kit! haha

Old 12-10-2004, 07:28 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Itzkirb
that's cutting it close...time to get a lift kit! haha
Or you could always over-inflate the tires.

Ben, are those bolts in the floor for a 4 post lift?

From looking at the pictures it appears your driveway is pitched down towards the garage doors (and away at the doors) creating a "V" swale at the slot drain? Here's a possible solution to your entry/clearance problem - have someone fabricate two ramps that are the same angle as the "V" and roughly the width of the tires. We've all seen truck drivers use wood planks when off/on loading low clearance cars from a ramp truck. Same concept, but with sharp angles at each end so that they are nearly flush with the tile. In fact, you could even have one large ramp built slightly larger than the width of the car. The ramp could be constructed of wood, steel (maybe diamond plate), as long as it's light enough to easily move. Perhaps even carbon fibre? If you want, PM for more details. Eric

Old 12-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Ben. Enjoy it now bud. Looks mean, very mean.

Old 12-10-2004, 08:06 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
All I gotta say is that is one hell of a garage you got there!!
Wow

Old 12-10-2004, 08:07 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
By the way, how was the 3M Clearbra job? I personally have to get mine put on again due to my accident, its a good product isnt it

Old 12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
so did you put some good miles on it today? would love to hear your continuing impressions.

Old 12-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
We want vids!!!!

Old 12-10-2004, 08:22 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Ben the lip on the CGT is strong than u think

Old 12-10-2004, 08:40 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
OMG, I love your garage! put some lighting and it looks like a killer showroom!

ahh.... I really love those two cars... so the C-Turbo is staying outside? hahaha! poor car

Old 12-10-2004, 08:59 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
WOW!!!!! you are a pimp........2 of the hottest cars ever made.....
You probably have a hard time sleeping with those cars in your garage.....

Old 12-10-2004, 09:00 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by habitat
WOW!!!!! you are a pimp........2 of the hottest cars ever made.....
You probably have a hard time sleeping with those cars in your garage.....
I guess not if he sleeps in the garage

Old 12-10-2004, 09:03 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
glad it worked out, we had to build a new garage for our caddy cause it couldn't fit in our front one

always an option

Old 12-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
now that is a stable

Old 12-10-2004, 09:46 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by ESK
Ben, are those bolts in the floor for a 4 post lift?

From looking at the pictures it appears your driveway is pitched down towards the garage doors (and away at the doors) creating a "V" swale at the slot drain? Here's a possible solution to your entry/clearance problem - have someone fabricate two ramps that are the same angle as the "V" and roughly the width of the tires. We've all seen truck drivers use wood planks when off/on loading low clearance cars from a ramp truck. Same concept, but with sharp angles at each end so that they are nearly flush with the tile. In fact, you could even have one large ramp built slightly larger than the width of the car. The ramp could be constructed of wood, steel (maybe diamond plate), as long as it's light enough to easily move. Perhaps even carbon fibre? If you want, PM for more details. Eric
Yep, 4 post lift due in a week or three. Yep, the "V" swale is the problem. I'd love a PM re: details on your solution. That said, I have another problem with pulling forward - the garage is too short since there is a 4" platform (taller than the front of the car but lower than the rear) that is IMmovable coming out appx 4' from that rear wall. I could also create some sort of ramps up front too, but there should only be a couple inches height clearance when the CS and CGT are both on the lift side. The 1/2" Porsche solution should suffice if they ever get around to treating us right by releasing it!

BTW, my 1 stall came today backing the car "up" the driveway (avoided it the 2nd time by using the parking brake). So, it's easier to get the car both in and out if it's backed in since it can roll back into the garage. FWIW, I'm getting fairly comfy with the clutch.

Last edited by ben, lj; 12-10-2004 at 10:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The CGT garage operation was a success - barely...