Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

WTB or trade 996TT exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
WTB or trade 996TT exhaust

My car has a built 3.8 with large turbos and all the supporting mods including a free flowing GMG WC exhaust with cats. Sounds glorious, but would like to lean towards a free flowing quieter exhaust still allows turbo spool sound and little to no drone. Additionally I'll need a Laguna Seca option but can source that elsewhere to turn sound out to the left of car.

On my past 6TT (with K16 turbos) I went through several- OEM, OEM with holes, Miltek, Switzer with race cats, FVD straight-pipes, then a new Speedtech X 3" with cats. So far Speedtech for the win but open to Europipe loud, Markski, or Kline. Anyone have something out there or willing to trade for a GMG WC? Here is a video I found of my car with previous owner:

Old 02-26-2017, 10:11 PM
G-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to behold
What size piping is the GMG?

I have a 3" Markski Xpipe exhaust that I'm thinking about switching out.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:37 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Sounds great!

Old 02-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
It's a 3" system. I also have some odd augers/spiral inserts that do knock the level down... might re-insert those for street driving then uncork for tracks (except Laguna).

Old 02-27-2017, 09:04 AM
G-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to beholdG-Rat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Etchhead
It's a 3" system. I also have some odd augers/spiral inserts that do knock the level down... might re-insert those for street driving then uncork for tracks (except Laguna).
Is that video with the spirals in?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:33 PM
No spirals in that video. System has same deep idle, but drone come down quite a bit. Just worried about the additional back pressure it makes.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 PM

So would you be interested in a 3" Markski sport exhaust with 100 cell cats?

Old 02-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Thanks GRat- afraid I'd end up with something quite similar after the hassle of swapping.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Thanks GRat- afraid I'd end up with something quite similar after the hassle of swapping.
Haha... I'm so confused.

Did you not post a thread looking to trade exhausts? Specifically mentioning Markski exhaust?

And I can assure you. Your exhaust sounds very different than mine.

https://youtu.be/P-RC9LbNZVE

Last edited by G-Rat; 02-27-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Wording

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.