997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sat install with pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Sat install with pics

something on the side and use an FM modulator. So after some research and
snooping around with the PIWIS I noticed a setting for Sat radio. The end result is the ability to add Sat radio into the PCM.

In order for the system to notice the Sat radio you must have software 2.1B.
How do you know if you do....simple, can your PCM play Mp3s? If the answer is yes then you can add this without issue. If no then the system will require a software change and then it will work.
Purchase the kit from someone that knows what parts to get. There are several versions and it will depend on if you have NAV, Changer and so on.
You will start by removing the wipers and front cowl. Pop the cap of the top
and use a 13mm wrench to take the nut off.

Next is to remove the cowl. There are two 10mm nuts on the need removed and one torx in the middle as well as two plastic clips on the inside.

Pop the section between the lines out. Simply pull it.

Now remove the nut

Remove the Torx screw in the middle.

The plastic clips on the inside by the battery. These will simply pull up
then out.

Undo the heater power lines to the washer squirters and the hose. You will
also want to disconnect the NAV antenna just above the pollen filter on the left side of the cowl. This is underneath the panel.
Next remove the cowl.

Notice the gold colored box. This is the original NAV antenna. Remove the
unit with the single retaining screw.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:31 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute

This is the new NAV/Sat radio antenna. You should notice on the right side on the front the edge has been trimmed. There is a bracket that will need to be cut. The one on the far extreme right will remain. Place the unit in the
location of the stock one. You will need to trim the plastic holder on the cowl. You only need the screw hole.

Next take the NAV lead shown above on the kit harness and remove the plastic retainer then remove the hood from the cable. You will want to do the same on the or iginal line to the NAV antenna still in the car. Swap them. Otherwise you will have harnesses running everywhere. This helps to cut down on the bulk of wiring.

You will want to string the harnesses through the body into the trunk. In
other words these are the antenna leads that need to go from the cowl to the trunk by the amp.

You will need to drill a hole to complete the path just to the left of the
battery.

Attach all three connectors with the cowl in place.

Next remove the covering in the trunk around the NAV DVD and trunk area.
Locate where you want to place the Sat unit. I mounted mine just to the right of the DVD system for the Nav. The simplest way to mount it is either place a thin piece of pressed wood behind the carpet and use very shallow screws OR use a high strength Velcro and stick it to the carpet.

The unit is silver with the stickers on the front. I moved my stickers to the
rear and painted the cover with Wurth matt paint to give it a low key look.
Next run your wiring. This is simple. The two antenna leads are colored. Put
them in the colored slots in the unit. The power and data lines are a pass
through. So unplug either the amp or the Nav and jump the power plug by plugging it in to the sat harness and then in the amp or NAV then into the sat unit. The MOST cable is the same way. Keep in mind that the MOST cable is fiber optic like the AC3 cable in your stereo at home. Do not crimp nor smash the cable or place at a severe angle. It must be a smooth transition. I left mine wound in a circle and tucked it into the right side of the trunk under the carpet.

Place the covers back on and you are done. Plug the battery back in, turn on
the radio and cycle the AM/FM button. The sat radio should now appear. If you want to display the song and artist go to "info"and scroll down to "radio text"

Last edited by PorschePhd; 12-16-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Tony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of light
Great write up Stephen..

Old 12-16-2006, 12:56 PM
What a pain in the ***!!! I couldn't copy any of that so I had to retype it!! Glad it works. Hopefully it makes sense!

Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
very nice work

Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 AM
notgood is on a distinguished road
Great write up. This may be a stupid question… Do you sell the satellite radio system you installed? Would it work with Sirius or only XM?

You would totally be my hero if you had some sort of ipod integration up your sleeve too!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:13 AM
No question is stupid....

Yes, I have them. Nothing for an Ipod though. I have them for XM and Sirus.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:23 AM
notgood is on a distinguished road
Could you post a link. I wasn't able to find them on your site. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Drop me a PM. Sorry they are not up there yet.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:51 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Any idea why was PorschePhD banned from the site? Just wondering as he contributed with priceless information and writups over the years...

Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Any idea why was PorschePhD banned from the site? Just wondering as he contributed with priceless information and writups over the years...
Please do a search for ImagineAuto.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:08 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ns-thread.html

Has he resurfaced anywhere. While I have had no personal experiences with him, I always found his advice very informative

Last edited by imcarnuts; 06-27-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Read a couple of his postings on the Rennlist forum where he told his side of the story. Not sure he wants to be back here... All I know is that I will follow this writeup to install my Satellite module as I am 500 miles from any Porsche dealer and don't trust any sound shop to handle my car in Montana, PERIOD . Too bad the posted pictures are not available anymore....

Last edited by SonicKrack; 06-27-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Read a couple of his postings on the Rennlist forum where he told his side of the story. Not sure he wants to be back here... All I know is that I will follow this writeup to install my Satellite module as I am 500 miles from any Porsche dealer and don't trust any sound shop to handle my car in Montana, PERIOD . Too bad the posted pictures are not available anymore....
Any possibility you can share any insights you have gathered in what exactly (Part numbers) to order and where to interface into MOST loop? (ie., can I tie in before or after NAV?)

I am trying to research possibility of integrating SAT radio via PCM(2.1).

Here's my setup:
*2007 C4S
*Denison IPOD integration
*CD Changer (Retained via Denision)
*Nav

Thoughts?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 PM
If your software is 2.1b no problems installing a Satellite Unit by following above described writeup. Part #95504490268 at Rusnak Pasadena Porsche or other retailers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sat install with pics