997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

3M clear bra removed & replaced w/ VentureShield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
3M clear bra removed & replaced w/ VentureShield

I had heard about a new clear bra material being touted throughout the car community, VentureShield. A new type of material that has now come to the market replacing the older 3M material still used throughout the industry. I admit that I was a bit skeptical when I first heard about VentureShield but my brother who had it applied to his new Land Rover. He convinced me to give it a try. On top of that, the shop I took it to also touted a revolutionary new detailing product that apparently is permanent using nanotechnology. I'd never have to wax/polish my car. I admit that I'm a bit skeptical about that too but it did make my car look incredible. For the record, the 3M material I originally had on the car was removed and replaced with the VentureShield material because it made the front end look like a different shade of blue. That was because of the "yellow" tint in the 3M film.

The results speak for themselves:

Removing the final matrix coating still on the car

Nice and wet looking

Fisheye shot

VentureShield material on the right

VenturShield material goes over and under the edges

Some final buffing touches

Finishing up the car

VTG intake covers

Porsche gold crest

Front end shot

Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Detail shot of headlight projector

Turbo badge

ATOMIC

997TT outside the shop

Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Wow, that looks great!
Is the coverage different than 3M?

Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by geetee
Wow, that looks great!
Is the coverage different than 3M?
VentureShield has their own "cut" patterns which I'm told is based on wind tunnel designs. They find the best coverage for the front end giving the most protection possible without being too visible.

3M materials on the other hand is used by different clear bra installers throughout the industry. I'm not sure if their pattern designs are standardized or not. I can tell you that the pattern that I have now is different than the 3M material I had on before.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:59 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
wow nice pics and great car!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i thought the cut pattern is based on the software used and this has nothing to do with the material.

how can 3M yellow in a year? weird... I have had venture for 2 yrs now and it's great.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by djantlive
i thought the cut pattern is based on the software used and this has nothing to do with the material.

how can 3M yellow in a year? weird... I have had venture for 2 yrs now and it's great.
The VentureShield and 3M materials are all cut based on patterns via computer. There are still somet installers who hand-cut these materials too. It's for that reason that the coverage can vary from installer to installer.

The 3M material apparently is already a bit yellow to begin with compared with the VentureShield which is much clearer.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Atomic - Looks great! How much did the swap cost you?

Also, what was the nanotechnology detail product? I might try to find someone who can do it out here in DC.

Great car...

Old 01-25-2007, 06:34 AM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
Venture shield is the best currently of the clear bra materials. How do I know? Lots of research, installing it myself and being in the business briefly. Its used in aerospace applications as well. I've seen a car that hit a concrete barrier on the freeway at 50mph and it was scraped, scratched, dented but protected the paint perfectly - absolutely no visable damage!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
What I have noticed with the 3M is alot of orange peel in the film...does the ventureshield have less?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
What I have noticed with the 3M is alot of orange peel in the film...does the ventureshield have less?
What amazes me about the new VentureShield material is that there's very little if any visible orange peel. The only orange peel that I can see thus so far is the ones already in the paint underneath! Definitely less than the 3M material.

Here's the website for the matrix coating that was used on my car:

http://www.matrixmicrocoatings.com/

I'm just as new to this product as the rest of you folks so I couldn't attest as to its longevity yet.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Jason as always, perfection

Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
outofmoney is on a distinguished road
Jason,

Thanks for the photos. You seem to always be doing something with your TT. Those of us waiting for ours enjoy living vacariously through you. What other projects do you have in store for your cobalt beauty?

Cheers.
Doug

Old 01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Jason AWESOME info and writeup man, glad i didnt get my car 3m'd yet, i want this Venture stuff hah

Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Doug,

You could say that all of my mods and projects will be done with time. I don't exactly know what I'm going to do next beyond getting the cargraphic exhaust + tips installed next month. You can definitely bet on me posting my impressions and pictures on here as the projects progresses. When does yours arrive?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3M clear bra removed & replaced w/ VentureShield