Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Exterior: with a matte gray vinyl wrap...gloss or matte carbon fiber parts????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Stealthfox is on a distinguished road
Exterior: with a matte gray vinyl wrap...gloss or matte carbon fiber parts????

Hey guys, going to be doing a satin charcoal vinyl wrap on my car (mazda rx-8) so it is very close to a matte finish, im trying to decide if i should finish my carbon fiber panels (hood, roof, trunk, rear doors, diffuser) in a gloss finish for contrast or in a matte finish for consistency. the wheels will be finished in metallic gloss black (volk racing diamond black) what would you think looks better???

Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
i personally would go for the matte finish to complete the stealth look, but dry carbon is so expensive.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Stealthfox is on a distinguished road
im not going to be using dry carbon as most of the carbon fiber parts im going to use for the car arent even available dry carbon.

i would be getting matte finished carbon fiber from the factory, and refinishing others that arent available matte. so it really is not much more expensive than gloss, but in the end cost isn't really the factor im not budgeting this project.

ooking for PIX of matte/semi-gloss/satin cars (painted or vinyl doesnt matter) with either matte and gloss finished carbon fiber so i can visualize it. any good pix would help alot!