Sad News about OUR ben lj, Ben Keatons.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 08:18 PM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
What a tragic loss. God rest his soul.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
craiglieberman is on a distinguished road
This is so very tragic....I'm stunned beyond words.

I've talked to him several times at CC and he was always a down to earth guy who was so open, honest and passionate about this hobby.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and his daughter. Crystal Cove won't be the same without him. I feel like I should lay flowers at his parking spot at CC or something.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:21 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
i don't know what to say, absolutely shocking.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Thats crazy I just talked to him yesterday, I still can't believe it. The Carrera GT was such a safe car, wow best wishs to him and his family.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:23 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
What a great present for me 2 days before my bday. Losing a good friend...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Someone on F-Chat posted that he spoke with Ben's wife and confirmed that Ben passed: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...7&page=1&pp=20

RIP Ben . . . you will be missed.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 06-03-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:33 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
This is so very sad. I was one of the lucky ones to go for a ride with Ben in his CGT. In fact, he made it a point to find me during the Carlsbad meet to ensure that I got a ride....that's the generous guy he was. He truly loved to drive and it showed during our quick run, something that now for sure I'll never forget. Ben was always willing to give people rides, talk cars and was an all around gentleman. This is a very sad day for our community.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:39 PM
jwa
jwa will become famous soon enough
I'm speechless...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:39 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Very sad to hear about this loss.... My condolences and prayers go out to his familly and friends Really do not know what else to say, just stunned. This is the 2nd dealth of a forum buddy I have experienced and it really hurts. It feels as though I was great friends with him and we spoke all the time even though it was just through computers Rest In Peace Ben.
Evan

Old 06-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Banned
palindrome is on a distinguished road
Holy **** what a ****ing reality check. I'm more of a lurker than poster here, but i'll always remeber ben as the most unbiased person when it comes to cars. He was always my favorite poster, and will be missed.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Ben was great guy what the **** happened? He will be missed! My condolences to his family and friends. This is a very very sad day.

Last edited by Rave TT; 06-04-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:41 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Like many others I didn't know Ben other than his posts here. Seemed like a great guy and I always looked foward to his insights about his CGT. I believe one of the only guys with a CGT that readily posted.
My thoughts are with his family.
So sad.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:42 PM
dwishen is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Absolutely awful news. Although I never had any interactions with Ben, his contributions were great and I enjoyed reading his posts and hearing about his generosity. He seemed like a great all around guy and a true enthusiast. I think my friends and family members thought I was crazy when I told them about this and how it was affecting me. It's amazing, but you really feel like you get to know someone on these baords (pics of homes, families, etc.). I can't imagine what you SoCal guys must be feeling. My thoughts and prayers go out to the surviving friends and family members of both Ben and his passenger.

RIP

Last edited by dwishen; 06-03-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:42 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Very sad to hear about this loss.... My condolences and prayers go out to his familly and friends Really do not know what else to say, just stunned. This is the 2nd dealth of a forum buddy I have experienced and it really hurts. It feels as though I was great friends with him and we spoke all the time even though it was just through computers Rest In Peace Ben.
Evan
isn't that amazing? I've never met the guy either but really feel that I know him somewhat. I've been totally stunned for the last 20 minutes.

On one hand, he died doing something he loved...most are not that lucky. On the other, it's such a tragedy to lose such an obviously smart and genuine person.

I guess statistically we all probably have more of a chance of dying driving to and from the track, but this will definitely make me think before pushing it on the track again.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Raza is on a distinguished road
My thoughts and prayers for the family... : (

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad News about OUR ben lj, Ben Keatons.......