6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

2007 911 Turbo Steering & handling Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
randalldahme is on a distinguished road
Angry 2007 911 Turbo Steering & handling Issues

Bought a pristine 2007 911 turbo last year, 21k miles.

Everything checked perfect at the dealer pre purchase but:

The cars steering feels sloppy and not tight as compared to my old 2002 turbo.

Dealer say all systems are checked and fine and technician was happy road testing with me.

Drvg in the heavy rain last month and spun out. New PS2's in front and near wear bar rears, drvg at slower speed car did not feel stable prior to spinning out, no PSM indication during spin out......

Have all new Pirelli Pzero's and the car still does not feel right, waiting for more rain to see if I can kick off the PSM and get a handle on what I'm feeling.

I'm not hallucinating, been drvg performance cars for years and it just does not feel right.

WHAT COULD THIS BE????????

HELP.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
Did you rule out a possible alignment?

Old 02-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Have to agree with NY6SPEEDER: alignment.

Were the old tires worn unevenly? If "yes" then there you go...

If "no" well maybe the alignment is still wrong...

Before you take the car in check tire inflation pressures are correct. Check the tires are the correct size and type and hardness and well everything for the car. Be sure if the tires are uni-directional they are all mounted the correct way.

Check the car's height to make sure one corner is not lower than any other. If it is could be a broken spring.

Keep in mind new tires are/can be squirrelly as they need time to shed mold lube and some of the more volatile compounds that are present after a tire is made.

Couple of hundred miles of regular driving is about all it should take to get the tires "broken in".

((My 996 Turbo just got new Bridgestone tires installed and I'm "breaking them in". I had the car aligned too as the right rear tire was not wearing evenly across the tread face.)

If you can't find anything wrong with the tires or the car's ride height consider an alignment then. IIRC the fuel tank wants to be full and the car empty of dead weight, junk.

Some shops want to add ballast to the driver's side for the alignment. I've had my cars aligned both ways and I couldn't tell the difference.