6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Panamera 2014 Turbo S, Steering Assembly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 07:22 AM
IvoryTickler is an unknown quantity at this point
Panamera 2014 Turbo S, Steering Assembly

Hi Everyone, hope you're all doing great... could use a hand with some feedback.

My 2014 P turbo S Exec at 27k miles, now at the dealer with bent bushings within the steering assembly. The dealer states that it's not available as a separate purchase, and is contacting Germany to locate an entire steering assembly for replacement.

The way we got to this problem diagnosis was through turning the steering wheel to the far left, and when reversing, I'd hear a thud during the parking manuever. This is how I park the car in my own home garage - but never thought much of the sound - figured it was just how Porsche's are (this is my first baby). I had taken it to a different dealer over Christmas, while down south, and they said it was nothing, tightened a few screws, and we're off to drive home, but the sound returned quickly.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of repair and what should the cost be? Both part, and labor.(OEM Parts) I trust my dealer- they are a great team, but I'm just curious about the repair and how this could have happened on a 2014 car of this cost. It's frightening to think of this happening without Porsche insurance, and I'm a little spooked since when the warranty runs out, a small problem will turn into a downpayment on a rental property if you know what I mean. I'm curious of how much money this replacement would have cost had I not purchased Porsche CPO.

I'd also like to know how much it will cost to replace the ceramic brakes and what milage they tend to go since this could be a dangerous and expensive car to keep. Any thought on that too?

Any comments welcomed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.