911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Powder Coating a 911 Tub.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Powder Coating a 911 Tub.

My friend Richard Pitman, owner of Powder Tech Plus, powder coating a 911 race tub. This is the guy who does all my stuff, from BMX bikes, antiques to my Porsche stuff!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:41 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-31-2007, 06:41 PM

Old 09-02-2007, 05:15 PM
flatsixnut will become famous soon enough
Man I wish I had the cash to do a project track car. Good stuff.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:36 AM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
sweet job. Whats the benefit of powder coating a race tub compared to painting it?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeHearts
sweet job. Whats the benefit of powder coating a race tub compared to painting it?
Much better internal coverage (in the long, ect) starting with bare metal, so you know in advance where rust already is/was. With powder coating, you get about as close to 100% coverage inside & out as you will get, that to the Pos(powder) & Neg (tub) chages.

FRom closer to the start.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Thumbs up

Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 PM

Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM

Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Mk2GTiVR6Turbo is on a distinguished road
awesome man!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Kman is on a distinguished road
thats sick

Old 09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
redjeeper is on a distinguished road
Beauty, got any pics of the car with all the body panels back on?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by redjeeper
Beauty, got any pics of the car with all the body panels back on?

I've been trying to find them and a Red Carrera they did around the same time for another buddy of mine.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM
dferg476 is on a distinguished road
Very nice, I can really tell that you love your work, you have some sick posts. Not to be a sychophant, but your posts are always entertaining with plenty of detailed pictures.

Nicely done,

DGF

Old 10-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by dferg476
Very nice, I can really tell that you love your work, you have some sick posts. Not to be a sychophant, but your posts are always entertaining with plenty of detailed pictures.

Nicely done,

DGF

Thanks, but Porsches & cars are my hobby. I have to work a real job to pay for the toys, believe it or not, I'm a talent agent