951 Winter Progress...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Only 5SPEED
MPD47 is infamous around these partsMPD47 is infamous around these parts
Car isnt done, but here it is in Philly this past weekend

Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MPD47
Hah, to many projects already! Have you posted it on rennlist?
Yes, but the classified there doesn't get the hits it use too.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Only 5SPEED
That's because most of the people over there are to busy bickering or being ******bags. I wasnt in the least bit surprised when OT was shut down and the turbo forum had a zero tolerance policy.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Only 5SPEED
Did a ton of cleaning today (it seems like I'm always cleaning, but then again, I'm always making a mess). So I didnt do a ton on the car. But I did strip the 944S engine down to the bare block. Horrible, I'm already working on next year's turbo engine and the temp NA engine isnt done yet. Anyway, this had EXTREME crank play as shown on the chewed up bearing, but was otherwise in good condition and was running when it was pulled. Cost me $600 The catch was I had to pick it up in Norfolk, which is why I had it at the BlownEuroz meet.

Right before I really started working

Base for the wiring harness my father spec'd out and ordered. Should be cranking away at that, goal is to have it done before April 6th.

This is why you only use a tiny bit of permatex in a problem area on the engine. Nearly every mating surface on the head or any coolant passage was permatexed on this engine, and it was clogging the main oil pickup. Uhhg.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Only 5SPEED

Again, making a mess. It's why we cant have nice things.

Nicely chewed up bearing, I'll grab a couple better pics tomorrow, camera was dieing as I was running it on AA's today while the Nikon long life batteries charged.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Only 5SPEED
Stuff has been crazy lately so not much of an update. The car is almost completely rewired, my dad is just finishing that up for me next week. Engine is together minus starter (need to find it ), crank/cam pulley's (waiting on them), and Oil Pressure Relief Valve. The OPRV is the wrong type (87+) so I need to find another one due to someone sending me the wrong one (used). Car is headed out to have an 8 point put in (till next winter) in the rear of the car May 1st (tenative). Been working on it in my decreased spare time as of late. Few things on their way though (like a ton of AN fittings).

Actually some of those are already here I just havent taken any photos as of late, promise some more of those soon.

Oh yeah, and I'm getting it running with stock 951 intake and stock cam for a baseline and then changing stuff from there.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Only 5SPEED

mmmmmmm.

Pump gets here tomorrow, lines are sitting next to me, cell got delayed till next week

Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
great progress! wish i knew how to do any of that crap, how'd you learn?

Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Only 5SPEED
Self taught *shrug* Just always hankering for a new project to tear down and put back together. Havent really worked on the car since I last posted, it's out for cage work and a few other things I cant do. Might have it back this weekend, but I've decided I wont drive it this year and I'm selling the NA engine earlier than expected and just starting on the new PCA GT3S/R turbo engine.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 PM
DAM
DAM is infamous around these parts
Yeah, that is an impressive build to do yourself. I am having enough trouble with my speed sensors alone...

Old 06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Only 5SPEED

Detachable floor w/Zeus Fasteners installed, fuel cell in, rear cage work in. There is also a bunch of frame connections and bracing below the floor, but I still have plenty of access to the transaxle. We're planning out the front stuff right now. I'm hoping to debut this car at the Maxton Monster Mile next spring. I've already sold the NA motor and this thread will likely taper off till Fall when the Turbo motor sees some real progress as the rest of the car is mostly done and I'm vacationing and moving over the next two months. I will get some more detailed pics of the work and a writeup on the cage and my positive experiences with ProCar performance later this week.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Great thread. Very interesting stuff. Keep it coming!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
shimey is infamous around these parts
Subscribed

Old 06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
scv8 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the updates, Mike. Keep up the great work on this project!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Mk2GTiVR6Turbo is infamous around these parts
Finish The Car Already You Ginger Son Of A *****

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 951 Winter Progress...