Help ordering correctly

Old 09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
FASTRNU will become famous soon enoughFASTRNU will become famous soon enough
Help ordering correctly

Guys,
I have a C2S cab, and I think I am going to order in a Turbo, but wanted to ask how to do this. Going to order a black colored car with a black interior, except I want red leather seats, and red deviating stitching on the steering wheel and interior pieces. I have a hard time navigating the configurator. I want to make sure to do it right. I'm not sure what options I have to order to do this.

Maybe keep the belts black with the red pop of the seats?

Any other suggestions? I basically want a black interior with some nice red contrasts, but I don't want to overdo it. Maybe red gauges? I plan on getting the Sport Chrono as well.

Thanks for any hep.

Last edited by FASTRNU; 09-20-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:21 PM
991TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FASTRNU
Guys,
I have a C2S cab, and I think I am going to order in a Turbo, but wanted to ask how to do this. Going to order a black colored car with a black interior, except I want red leather seats, and red deviating stitching on the steering wheel and interior pieces. I have a hard time navigating the configurator. I want to make sure to do it right. I'm not sure what options I have to order to do this.

Maybe keep the belts black with the red pop of the seats?

Any other suggestions? I basically want a black interior with some nice red contrasts, but I don't want to overdo it. Maybe red gauges? I plan on getting the Sport Chrono as well.

Thanks for any hep.

if i understand you correctly i think you want to have a Bi color interior

Black/Red interior as the attached Picture

and this option only available for the TTS

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gtspirit-2014-porsche-991-turbo-s-interior-0012.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	282284  
Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Paging Suzy.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:36 AM
I see what you all mean now. I am ordering the TT not the TTS, so I guess red seats only are out. I was going by some posts about red seats with a black interior I had seen in the 991 Forum. I bought my C2S Cab off the lot, so I am a newbie regarding the configurator, so maybe it is different than the regular 991 configurator setup.

Last edited by FASTRNU; 09-21-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:51 AM
991TT is on a distinguished road
I see what you all mean now. I am ordering the TT not the TTS, so I guess red seats only are out. I was going by some posts about red seats with a black interior I had seen in the 991 Forum. I bought my C2S Cab of the lot, so I am a newbie regarding the configurator, so maybe it is different than the regular 991 configurator setup.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
I see what you all mean now. I am ordering the TT not the TTS, so I guess red seats only are out. I was going by some posts about red seats with a black interior I had seen in the 991 Forum. I bought my C2S Cab off the lot, so I am a newbie regarding the configurator, so maybe it is different than the regular 991 configurator setup.
If you want red seats only and red deviated stitching, contact Porsche Exclusive. It's all possible. These are options that are not on the configurator.
Deviated stitching is on your dealer's configurator though. It's on a seperate tab called Z-options. The red seats or other exclusive options aren't on your dealer's configurator and that's why you best contact porsche exclusive North America. (Not every salesperson is very familiar with all the Exclusive options)

Old 09-22-2013, 07:26 PM
tomshop will become famous soon enough
I would speak with your dealer to refer you to the PCNA special order group. I worked with Melissa Witek who was terrific. They can help you navigate these issues. Good luck.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:12 PM
I really appreciate all the feedback.

I placed my order at the dealer over the weekend for delivery first quarter of next year. I'll move up in case of any cancellations in front of me.

But, and this is a hard choice, is that my optioned Turbo order is $172K, only about $10K less than the Turbo S base price, and a Turbo S optioned out with Burmeister and Sunroof is only $15-$16K more. Not much more I want past that on the S.

Plus, I can get a two toned Black/Carrera Red interior with the S.

Almost seems a no-brainer to go for the S!! I can change my order until it is placed with PCNA.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 AM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Talking

I really appreciate all the feedback.

I placed my order at the dealer over the weekend for delivery first quarter of next year. I'll move up in case of any cancellations in front of me.

But, and this is a hard choice, is that my optioned Turbo order is $172K, only about $10K less than the Turbo S base price, and a Turbo S optioned out with Burmeister and Sunroof is only $15-$16K more. Not much more I want past that on the S.

Plus, I can get a two toned Black/Carrera Red interior with the S.

Almost seems a no-brainer to go for the S!! I can change my order until it is placed with PCNA.
Considering you are within 10K of an S, it almost seems like a no brainer to go the S. Technically, PCCB & PDCC alone are worth are whole lot. LED's as well are an expensive upgrade. Realistically though, using PCCB/PDCC is another issue. However, the Bicolour Black/Red interior is enough to justify the price in my books

Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
I really appreciate all the feedback. I placed my order at the dealer over the weekend for delivery first quarter of next year. I'll move up in case of any cancellations in front of me. But, and this is a hard choice, is that my optioned Turbo order is $172K, only about $10K less than the Turbo S base price, and a Turbo S optioned out with Burmeister and Sunroof is only $15-$16K more. Not much more I want past that on the S. Plus, I can get a two toned Black/Carrera Red interior with the S. Almost seems a no-brainer to go for the S!! I can change my order until it is placed with PCNA.
That's exactly why the S is priced that way... Most customers will not go for a basic Turbo, so they start adding options. With those options, the price gets pretty close to a Turbo S and that makes the step up much more easy. In the meantime all those customers end up spending another 10-15k extra. Clever marketing again...

If it was my choice, i would also go for the Turbo S

Congrats with your Turbo S

Old 09-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I too would definitely go with the S for that little more in cost.

Edwin