Don't shoot me....Reworked Turbo Order!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:42 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
I say let him order the car the way he wants..

Great spec FASTRNU! Congrats.
He posted here to get our opinions so I gave him mine.

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Jason is right,
A fully optioned turbo comes very close in price to a S. The S that I specced was about 184k and had everything I wanted. That is only like 7% more than his spec for a non S, but I understand his reasoning for not getting the S if not needed. The great thing about the S is all the standard performance items not just the added HP (PDCC, Sport chromo, PCCB, etc)
For the guy who thinks you can get a discount on a brand new roll out model, you will be everyone's hero if you can prove how
These cars might offer discounts a few years later when they are left over on the lot and they are coming out with the .2 version or some other reason.
This may be only in my area. Usually people who can afford 180k cars in my area buy others besides a porsche like ferrari for example or bentley. My dealer said to me they will give me 10k off if I wanted one but as for a recommendation, on all my cars which were mostly all special ones in their first year, I go to small dealers and make deals.

The big dealers from my own experience are usually a$$holes and are delusional and think all their cars are made from solid gold. Don't deal with them. They will call you 6 months later begging for your business.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Well, he did write - "So here is my final order, placed now with PCNA, and delivery in December. Can't make any changes now."

Maybe it's your history on F-chat that makes me look twice at your posts, or maybe it was the way you said it, but telling someone who has a locked order that he should order it in a different way just seemed a bit odd.

I don't know, sorry for the thread jack OP.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Jason is right,
A fully optioned turbo comes very close in price to a S. The S that I specced was about 184k and had everything I wanted. That is only like 7% more than his spec for a non S, but I understand his reasoning for not getting the S if not needed. The great thing about the S is all the standard performance items not just the added HP (PDCC, Sport chromo, PCCB, etc)
For the guy who thinks you can get a discount on a brand new roll out model, you will be everyone's hero if you can prove how
These cars might offer discounts a few years later when they are left over on the lot and they are coming out with the .2 version or some other reason.
Exactly, and couldn't have said it better myself.

This will be my 5th car from my dealer in 4 years, and I got a zero discount. And all my purchases, and I say this just for illustration, have had big MSRPs. So, I would be highly interested, if not entertained, to see how you figure to get 10k off a brand new (and custom spec order), first run model. Especially considering everything out there will be a spec order for some time.

J

Old 10-04-2013, 05:49 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of

This may be only in my area. Usually people who can afford 180k cars in my area buy others besides a porsche like ferrari for example or bentley. My dealer said to me they will give me 10k off if I wanted one but as for a recommendation, on all my cars which were mostly all special ones in their first year, I go to small dealers and make deals.

The big dealers from my own experience are usually a$$holes and are delusional and think all their cars are made from solid gold. Don't deal with them. They will call you 6 months later begging for your business.
Sorry, but I call BS.

Having been a buyer of high performance vehicles for some time, and having owned both Ferrari and Porsche, I don't believe a thing you just wrote.

I also agree with Zlaatan, having seen posts you have made on Fchat makes me suspicious as well.

But, to each his own. I am not gonna comment any more on you specifically, as I don't want to further derail the OP's post.

To the OP... Beautiful spec. I think that black will be amazing. Agreed with PasPar, black is difficult to keep "spotless", but when clean she is gonna be a beauty.

J

Old 10-04-2013, 07:01 PM
FASTRNU will become famous soon enoughFASTRNU will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
To the OP... Beautiful spec. I think that black will be amazing. Agreed with PasPar, black is difficult to keep "spotless", but when clean she is gonna be a beauty.

J
Thanks very much. I've owned several black sports cars. I also like silver. My DD is silver in color.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:19 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
Well, he did write - "So here is my final order, placed now with PCNA, and delivery in December. Can't make any changes now."

Maybe it's your history on F-chat that makes me look twice at your posts, or maybe it was the way you said it, but telling someone who has a locked order that he should order it in a different way just seemed a bit odd.

I don't know, sorry for the thread jack OP.
His first thread was asking for opinions then we thought he settled it then opened another thread. I assumed it was for the same reason as before.

Exactly, and couldn't have said it better myself.

This will be my 5th car from my dealer in 4 years, and I got a zero discount. And all my purchases, and I say this just for illustration, have had big MSRPs. So, I would be highly interested, if not entertained, to see how you figure to get 10k off a brand new (and custom spec order), first run model. Especially considering everything out there will be a spec order for some time.

J
What is your location? Location had a big part to play. At my local Porsche dealer it is small and my dad,uncle, and cousin lease and buy 2-5 between them every 2-3 years. We bring then a lot of business. Again if we were at a big one where they sell 20 911s per year or more I am sure they wouldn't care, but this dealer is small. They also are attached to Audi and we get Audi from them too and do a lot of referrals. Honestly this is the least they could do back. And nothing is impossible. Always there will be non broadcasted discounts and special circumstances. Just because we don't hear about all of them doesn't mean they don't exist. Don't be naive.

Last edited by speedsterr; 10-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 AM
jdhodge will become famous soon enoughjdhodge will become famous soon enough

What Ferrari do you think you can get in your area for 180k, the California is the lowest price model and with popular options will run you 250k min. Must be speaking about used Ferraris.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Don't be naive?

Okay. Still, I don't believe, for a second, you are getting 10k off a brand new custom spec from a small dealer. Small dealer, small allocation set, and only a limited number of builds available. So, they are gonna give you one of their allocations, and give you 10k off? No way. Sorry. Still call BS.

I have bought my cars from small and large dealers. With large volume dealers, and equally repetitive business, you are more likely to get a discount because of sheer number of allocations. Although, I will agree with you that it is not always true.

My previous dealership, where I ordered my California and my wife's Q7 TDI, would do nothing off sticker for my Cayenne turbo and 991 turbo S orders. 991 I expected, but not on the Cayenne? Went back to my usual Porsche dealer, with whom I have an established relationship, and got 10k off my Cayenne order and MSRP for the 991 (again, which I expected). So, after nearly 600k in sales in 5 years I still "only" got the 991 for MSRP. First allocation, first delivery. If I had waited a year, might have gotten a few thousand, but unlikely.

J

Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
In S.Cal, where the most number of sales come from within the US, your example of low volume giving deals more than high volume is the opposite. The low volume dealers here are going to give more personalized service, but as Jason said, they have less allocations and are less likely to deal as much. Then there are the very high volume dealers in Los Angeles that will give great discounts, but make you feel like you are dealing with scum. Both low/high volume dealers here, only give deals on cars when there are many of them sitting on the lot already or there is going to be a new year model arriving.

The new 991TT will not get discounted from any dealer for anyone......well maybe Seinfeld or Leno?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Don't be naive?

Okay. Still, I don't believe, for a second, you are getting 10k off a brand new custom spec from a small dealer. Small dealer, small allocation set, and only a limited number of builds available. So, they are gonna give you one of their allocations, and give you 10k off? No way. Sorry. Still call BS.

I have bought my cars from small and large dealers. With large volume dealers, and equally repetitive business, you are more likely to get a discount because of sheer number of allocations. Although, I will agree with you that it is not always true.

My previous dealership, where I ordered my California and my wife's Q7 TDI, would do nothing off sticker for my Cayenne turbo and 991 turbo S orders. 991 I expected, but not on the Cayenne? Went back to my usual Porsche dealer, with whom I have an established relationship, and got 10k off my Cayenne order and MSRP for the 991 (again, which I expected). So, after nearly 600k in sales in 5 years I still "only" got the 991 for MSRP. First allocation, first delivery. If I had waited a year, might have gotten a few thousand, but unlikely.

J
I can't explain your situation nor mine. My guess is, its my area. I'm sure somewhere in the US there are other people getting the same offers. Again I doubt they would give this offer to someone else. The guy told me, if I wanted one build it and he would give me 10k off from the options I choose. They are still making 6k off the car.

In S.Cal, where the most number of sales come from within the US, your example of low volume giving deals more than high volume is the opposite. The low volume dealers here are going to give more personalized service, but as Jason said, they have less allocations and are less likely to deal as much. Then there are the very high volume dealers in Los Angeles that will give great discounts, but make you feel like you are dealing with scum. Both low/high volume dealers here, only give deals on cars when there are many of them sitting on the lot already or there is going to be a new year model arriving.

The new 991TT will not get discounted from any dealer for anyone......well maybe Seinfeld or Leno?
I honestly think it is a region thing. Plus your in california. Way more performance cars there. Gettings sports cars at a discount in warm areas is very hard. In colder areas it is much much easier.

Originally Posted by jdhodge
What Ferrari do you think you can get in your area for 180k, the California is the lowest price model and with popular options will run you 250k min. Must be speaking about used Ferraris.
Usually and this is obviously not always the case if you have the cash for 180k you may also have the cash for 250k. Lots of californias, FF, f12, and ESPECIALLY 458s in my area. And there are a lot of 430s, 575s, a few 599s, and a couple scuderia's as well. And last but not least there are 2 enzo.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:50 PM
tomshop will become famous soon enough
What does the telephone module do?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Allows you to connect a GSM phone with RSAP (remote SIM access profile) to use the aerial antenna (shark fin) as a phone antenna. For Android devices, some at least, it allows texts to be read on the NAV screen, and replied to.

J

Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
I worry whether the power steering plus will corrupt the feel of the car at low speeds? Especially driving in a track when you turn into slow corners?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:04 PM
TTS, I had the same concerns. I decided to get it, however, after reading several tech reviews, etc. I suspect that you won't notice it that much.

J

Old 10-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
Allows you to connect a GSM phone with RSAP (remote SIM access profile) to use the aerial antenna (shark fin) as a phone antenna. For Android devices, some at least, it allows texts to be read on the NAV screen, and replied to.

J

I didn't know this - thanks. Will add that option to my TTS order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don't shoot me....Reworked Turbo Order!