Woohoo I got mine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 11:17 AM
ACRman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zedosix
Nicer yes I agree. I'm still on the fence about Platinum and black, and the clear lights. Quite likely stay with all black but maybe with white guages to break it up a bit. Why are there so many choices!
black is very nice ! and i agree lots of choices !! i liked also the black x black with yellow belts and gauges , to contrast the yellow brakes (if TTS)

Old 12-21-2013, 06:10 AM
a question ?

Does the active aero work in auto mode when PDCC is turned off and the car is NOT in sport or sport +??

coz mine doesn't !

Old 12-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I believe there is a button that can engage both rear and front spoilers without speed or Sport + mode. Similar to the 997 where u can manually lift the rear wing with a button.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:46 PM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
Very nice ride! Curious why the rear says "911" versus "TurboS"? How do you like the PDK so far? How does the power compare to the Viper? (Does your Viper have any mods?)

Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by BOXER12
Very nice ride! Curious why the rear says "911" versus "TurboS"? How do you like the PDK so far? How does the power compare to the Viper? (Does your Viper have any mods?)
The 911 on the back is a no cost option , i chose to have it instead of the 911 Turbo S coz it looks better and the original is very busy !! I also like the low key look !

The PDK is very nice and smooth , havent driven it in anger yet but it shifts very fast in manual and is very smooth in Auto .
My wife was telling me a couple of days back while in the TTS that she was glad that i am finally over the fast loud ,rough riding cars ! lol the TTS in auto with comfort is really that grown up and smooth .

My ACR has ACRX headers ,Corsa Catback, Ported BBG Intake mani , K&N Flat panel and will put on a Mopar PCM soon (had the mopar pcm for a year!)

Like i said earlier i didnt get the chance to drive the TTS in anger (only 500 miles , 1500 miles to go to complete break in) but i think it will be faster than the Viper , defo faster below 100 mph.I will do a long (700-800 miles drive next weekend and will probably finish breaking in soon and will let you know the feedback on the which is faster question )

They are very different beasts , my wife is afraid in riding in the viper with me but on the other hand was telling she would like to drive the TTS !

Do you have an ACR ? i recognize the name from the VCA ! (mine is Acrsnake on the VCA)

thanks
Sherif

Last edited by ACRman; 12-23-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Will try to capture some better pix soon.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:50 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ACRman
a question ?

Does the active aero work in auto mode when PDCC is turned off and the car is NOT in sport or sport +??

coz mine doesn't !
According to the manual, the active aero should deploy at 75 mph automatically, and retract at 55, if you're not seeing that I'd let the dealer know. This should be on both regular and sport modes, on sport+ I believe the spoilers are in full downforce mode regardless of speed, but I haven't tried that yet.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by AJag
According to the manual, the active aero should deploy at 75 mph automatically, and retract at 55, if you're not seeing that I'd let the dealer know. This should be on both regular and sport modes, on sport+ I believe the spoilers are in full downforce mode regardless of speed, but I haven't tried that yet.
well mine does not , i will check the manual again tonite . thanks

i trIed the sport + and it deploys regardless of speed.

Last edited by ACRman; 12-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:41 PM
gelkad will become famous soon enoughgelkad will become famous soon enough
ACRman ( Sherif),
I had the same observation so I went to the dealer asking what is going on specially that my 2010 997 tt spoiler use to deploy at 75m/hr and retract at or below 55m/hr.
Regarding the 991tt/tts according to the dealer, at 75m- 80m/hr it deploys only 2 cm in normal mode,you can barley see that from the inside of the cabin, in sport /sport plus it deploys 4.5 cm with the roof closed and 7.5 cm with the roof open so you can see that in the rear mirror ...!
personally I didn't see any of this, but I can deploy and retract the spoiler manually through the spoiler button in the console

Old 12-23-2013, 09:14 PM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
Sherif, yes I have the same handle on VCA. I agree they are totally different, but you don't see too many guys who have both at the same course and can actually drive them hard and compare lap times. I wish someone would let me take a 911 TT to the track for an hour for a test drive. The 911 is def more refined than the ACR, and that is the reason I kept a Ferrari in the garage for 10 years. I lost my Ferrari in typical American style divorce, and now am looking for a replacement 'go to dinner' car. LOL. I think a 911 TT would do the job, but I am a little leery after driving a 911 for 15 years and getting bored with it. Enjoy your nice trip this weekend. I envy you, we are in winter here. Then again, I will probably be in Vail skiing. So don't feel sorry for me! Jim

Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
Great color combo, we need more interior pics!

Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BOXER12
Sherif, yes I have the same handle on VCA. I agree they are totally different, but you don't see too many guys who have both at the same course and can actually drive them hard and compare lap times. I wish someone would let me take a 911 TT to the track for an hour for a test drive. The 911 is def more refined than the ACR, and that is the reason I kept a Ferrari in the garage for 10 years. I lost my Ferrari in typical American style divorce, and now am looking for a replacement 'go to dinner' car. LOL. I think a 911 TT would do the job, but I am a little leery after driving a 911 for 15 years and getting bored with it. Enjoy your nice trip this weekend. I envy you, we are in winter here. Then again, I will probably be in Vail skiing. So don't feel sorry for me! Jim
Hey , Jim , sorry for losing the F-car , that must have sucked ! Yes it is way more refined than the ACR , but i love both for different reasons .

Enjoy next weekend , looks interesting . and thanks i will enjoy mine.

Sherif

Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by gelkad
ACRman ( Sherif),
I had the same observation so I went to the dealer asking what is going on specially that my 2010 997 tt spoiler use to deploy at 75m/hr and retract at or below 55m/hr.
Regarding the 991tt/tts according to the dealer, at 75m- 80m/hr it deploys only 2 cm in normal mode,you can barley see that from the inside of the cabin, in sport /sport plus it deploys 4.5 cm with the roof closed and 7.5 cm with the roof open so you can see that in the rear mirror ...!
personally I didn't see any of this, but I can deploy and retract the spoiler manually through the spoiler button in the console
Thanks for the valuable information ! i would not see the 2 cm , maybe slap on my gopro to record it !

Old 12-24-2013, 05:45 AM
dan993 is on a distinguished road
Video from Porsche explaining Active Aero.