suggestions wanted- which car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by ttpopo
If you need a convertible, that seats 4 - you should check out the maserati granturismo MC.

Awesome sounds, and styling - bargain pricing for what it is. Not that fast, but the sound makes up for it!
As noted earlier, they are great cars, but you got to live close to dealership or that means tremendous inconvenience to get any service.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnww
As noted earlier, they are great cars, but you got to live close to dealership or that means tremendous inconvenience to get any service.
My understanding is that they are very reliable. Not true? I'm searching for one now

Old 02-04-2014, 09:35 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by ttpopo
My understanding is that they are very reliable. Not true? I'm searching for one now
Nothing is that reliable. And there is maintenance. A lot of mechanics won't fool with them. You really need a shop near you if thinking of getting one. I was thinking more of new buy or buy still with factory warranty. I think then it is important to have a dealer close by. I have friends with Aston Martins and one with a ferrari that put them on rental trucks to take them to Atlanta for service.....a distance of 600 miles.....because they do not want the 1200 miles on clock because of massive depreciation $loss with increased mileage. And then dealers like to keep car for 2-4 days, so they come back with truck and redrive back to pick up vehile.....really not a lot of fun. Some Tampa dealers will pick up vehicle and return it at fairly substantial cost, but still vehicle is absent then from your garage for a couple-3 weeks..

Last edited by johnww; 02-04-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnww
Nothing is that reliable. And there is maintenance. A lot of mechanics won't fool with them. You really need a shop near you if thinking of getting one. I was thinking more of new buy or buy still with factory warranty. I think then it is important to have a dealer close by. I have friends with Aston Martins and one with a ferrari that put them on rental trucks to take them to Atlanta for service.....a distance of 600 miles.....because they do not want the 1200 miles on clock because of massive depreciation $loss with increased mileage. And then dealers like to keep car for 2-4 days, so they come back with truck and redrive back to pick up vehile.....really not a lot of fun. Some Tampa dealers will pick up vehicle and return it at fairly substantial cost, but still vehicle is absent then from your garage for a couple-3 weeks..
That's great to know. Luckily the Maser dealer is 14 miles away

Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Carob is on a distinguished road
What about an Audi r8'. You can get awd, and 6 speed, but no back seats. I am in the same boat as you. I am looking at the 991turbo, a used turbo s, or wait on the NSX. I am struggling paying so much for another new car that I am going to loose my tail on.

What kind of discounts are you guys getting on a 991 turbo?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Carob
What about an Audi r8'. You can get awd, and 6 speed, but no back seats. I am in the same boat as you. I am looking at the 991turbo, a used turbo s, or wait on the NSX. I am struggling paying so much for another new car that I am going to loose my tail on.

What kind of discounts are you guys getting on a 991 turbo?
You found one with 6speed with AWD. Great find. I searched and searched. The Merc C63 with AWD should come out in June, but no manual box. I am leaning a bit back to the BMW M4 which has 430 HP, a 0-60 of 4.0 and with a manual. Just can't get the AWD, but with M4, one needs a lot less cash up front and accepts a lot less depreciation cash-loss when trading back later.
The auto industry has a bit of a scam going. The more you spend on a car, the more money you lose in depreciation because auto-industry stipulates all vehicles depreciate the same regardless of outgoing price. That gives them plenty of cash-difference to once again make big bucks when selling your low-trade-in-car price that second time.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 PM
jkgchp is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the great responses. I was trying to post a pick of my Camaro, but no luck. Suggestions on how to post a pic?
I am planning on Barret Jackson Flagstaff next Jan to sell the Camaro, but now that I have decided to sell it and make a switch I have grown anxious. I am planning to list on the marketplace here (when I figure out how to post) and I even emailed a dealer that had a 911 turbo that I loved to see about a trade...

Do you think any dealer would be interested in a trade of a classic muscle car?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Carob is on a distinguished road
I had found couple r8s manual, but I need back seats once in while. I drove the 997 tts yesterday with pdk and I am sold on the transmision. I had an m5 with BMW smg, that thing was horrible.
the shifts on the pdk is so quick, it keeps the car stabilized during up shifts snd downshifts. And is very important in awd car. I can't compete with the cars rev matching capability.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
imo getting rid of another car to buy the new one especially when it is customized is difficult at best. I say don't buy a thing until this car is sold. Once you get money in hand, then the decision to buy is easier.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jkgchp

Thanks for all the great responses. I was trying to post a pick of my Camaro, but no luck. Suggestions on how to post a pic?
I am planning on Barret Jackson Flagstaff next Jan to sell the Camaro, but now that I have decided to sell it and make a switch I have grown anxious. I am planning to list on the marketplace here (when I figure out how to post) and I even emailed a dealer that had a 911 turbo that I loved to see about a trade...

Do you think any dealer would be interested in a trade of a classic muscle car?
IMO... after seeing the link to your car photos, probably not for anything close to what you feel it's worth, based on your ask price... and next January is a loooong way off.

Selling it outright is your best bet.

GLWS.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
jkgchp is on a distinguished road
Again, thank you guys for the feedback.
Yeah, I know it is an expensive niche type vehicle, and finding someone that would agree on the value and have something I would like in return to trade is probably a million to one.
I have an Agreed value collectors insurance policy on the car ($110k) and my list of receipts is higher than my sale price, but none of that really matters to a buyer. Each buyer will figure out what it is worth to them, and most often it will probably be less than I would like it to be. That's just the way it is.
I like the car just fine, but am tired of the collector insurance limitations and me being so nervous to drive it.