Tubi Installed on my Turbo S!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 09:14 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Tubi is an awesome exhaust.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Snorman will become famous soon enoughSnorman will become famous soon enough
Does the rear bumper cover have to be removed to install the Tubi turbo-back, or does it removal of the stock piece and install of the Tubi clear the stock rear fascia?
S.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snorman
Does the rear bumper cover have to be removed to install the Tubi turbo-back, or does it removal of the stock piece and install of the Tubi clear the stock rear fascia?
S.
You'll definitely need to remove the rear bumper cover to install it.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
What is the ID of the piping?

Old 11-19-2014, 02:25 PM
vinn98 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BigRich
As most new turbo owners have I've been researching, listening to exhaust clips for ridiculous amounts of time, and waiting to find the one for me. I decided to go with the new Tubi Street Exhaust on my turbo s. From what I was able to hear online and read, everything steered me in the direction of the tubi. I wanted an exhaust that would give me performance gains but there were things I wouldn't sacrifice for the performance gains. I didn't want the exhaust to be so loud that it created "rattles"/vibrations inside the cabin, I wanted to be able to talk to my passenger without yelling, I wanted to be able to listen to the Burmester system I paid a premium for, and I wanted to be able to use the bluetooth cell capability.

My new tubi exhaust accomplished all of my wishes. The exhaust sounds outstanding! I couldn't have made(if I had the capabilities) a better exhaust for my needs! The tubi gives the Turbo S a more aggressive race car sound. The tubi doesn't make the car sound like a muscle car or a lawnmower. The exhaust gives the car that added race car sound that it deserves to have! Not to mention I noticed a performance difference right away. The turbo's seem to spool up quicker along with quicker acceleration. I'm not a track guy so I can't tell you quarter mile times or 0 to 60. I can tell you that when I launched the car for the first time, with the new exhaust installed, I truly felt the difference! Then the g force "meter" confirmed my feeling by showing me I just pulled the strongest g force I have ever had done! I launched the car in the same spot, with the same temps, as I had done 5 or 6 times before. The car performed better then it ever had! My passenger noted they could feel their eyes being pushed back into the sockets

When it comes to the sound of the exhaust I find it to be perfect. I usually drive with the car in sport mode without shifting myself. The car is a daily driver so unless I feel like shifting it makes life easier. When I decide to get on the throttle the exhaust will give me the outstanding race sound as well as the "burps" which I always enjoy hearing on downshifts. One of my concerns, and something I listened very closely for on all the exhaust options, was how loud the exhaust burps were. Sometimes it's difficult to tell because in these quick clips, most of the time, the tuners are constantly under hard acceleration. You really can only hear the burps when you hit the gas hard and let off quickly. For an explanation why this happens you can simply google it, as it's quite common in high end sports cars as well as aftermarket exhausts. My Ferrari 458 does it as well.

In conclusion there isn't another exhaust I would want to try. I waited over a week to put up a review so I can give as much information and feedback as possible to all of you. My turbo s had over 2500 miles on it before the tubi was installed. I wanted to be "use" to the stock car before mods began. I can tell you the tubi sounds great, makes a performance difference, and I love it! I want to thank all the guys at Champion Motorsport for taking excellent care of me as well as my car! If there is any questions I can help with please let me know!
Bigrich,
Still happy with the Tubi on the Turbo S? I was looking at the exhaust for the same reasons as in your review. As, I still want to be able to talk to the passenger, listen to the Burmester and not wake up the neighbors.

If we could run the stage 2 GIAC on the stock exhaust then that would of been the perfect combination, hopefully the Tubi isn't too loud, any difference in volume after a couple of thousand miles?

Vinn

Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vinn98
Bigrich,
Still happy with the Tubi on the Turbo S? I was looking at the exhaust for the same reasons as in your review. As, I still want to be able to talk to the passenger, listen to the Burmester and not wake up the neighbors.

If we could run the stage 2 GIAC on the stock exhaust then that would of been the perfect combination, hopefully the Tubi isn't too loud, any difference in volume after a couple of thousand miles?

Vinn
BigRich was just in for the Stage 2 update to his car last week...he continued the review in a new thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-turbo-s.html

The Tubi Street has been one of our best sellers for the 991 Turbo because of that perfect mix of aggressive tone and great daily drivability. It's been especially popular with cabriolet drivers for that reason as well.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:21 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vinn98
Bigrich, Still happy with the Tubi on the Turbo S? I was looking at the exhaust for the same reasons as in your review. As, I still want to be able to talk to the passenger, listen to the Burmester and not wake up the neighbors. If we could run the stage 2 GIAC on the stock exhaust then that would of been the perfect combination, hopefully the Tubi isn't too loud, any difference in volume after a couple of thousand miles? Vinn
I can say that the exhaust definitely quieted down from initial install. I wish I would have done a DB recording when I first installed so I could compare the DB levels now. I'm guessing it "quieted " down 10 to 15%. I'm still absolutely thrilled with the sound and performance. I drive my car in sport mode constantly and can easily have a conversation with my passenger, use my cell phone, or listen to the outstanding Burmester sound system. The exhaust still sounds great when I drive the car hard and up shift/downshift at higher RPM's. Part of me wonders if I should have got the race exhaust and if the sound would have decreased as did the street. Overall I'm very happy with my decision, I wanted a exhaust that added performance, sounded good, but wasn't so obnoxiously loud that it ruined the daily drive ability of my turbo S. BTW once you do the Tubi make sure you do the GIAC stage 2, it's phenomenal!!!!! Reach out to Champion Motorsport, they can give you even more information/feedback from other customers. Enjoy the car!!!

All the best,
Rich