It's down to 3 (input on options wanted)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
It's down to 3 (input on options wanted)

Option 1:

2014 Turbo
Black/Black

342 - Seat heating (front)
435 - 20-inch 911 Turbo S Wheels
450 - Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
541 - Seat Ventilation (Front)
581 - Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 - Smoking package
625 - Porsche Entry & Drive
638 - ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
640 - Sport Chrono Package
653 - Sunroof in glass
A1 - Black
AZ - Leather interior in Black
CGE - Sport Chrono clock dial in Racing Yellow
P3M - Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
XFR - Instrument dials in Racing Yellow
XHN - Seat belts in Racing Yellow
ZAB - Ornamental Porsche Crest

Option 2:

2015 Turbo
Agate Gray / Black & Red interior

345 - Steering wheel heating
352 - Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
529 - SportDesign side mirrors
581 - Luggage net in passenger footwell
640 - Sport Chrono Package
651 - Electric slide/tilt sunroof
658 - Power Steering Plus
844 - Multifunction steering wheel
970 - Two-tone leather interior
BA - Leather Interior in Black/Garnet Red
EEJ - Carbon Fiber Interior Package
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
P07 - Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
P3L - Premium Package Plus
P3M - Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
XEX - Bi-Xenon™ headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
XHM - Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber

Option 3:

2014 Turbo S ()
Black/Black

429 - 20-inch 911 Turbo wheel
541 - Seat Ventilation (Front)
638 - ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Reversing Camera
653 - Sunroof in glass
748 - Power folding side mirrors with courtesy lights
A1 - Black
AZ - Black leather interior
CGJ - Sport Chrono clock dial in White
CNL - Side mirror painted (lower trim) (NOTE: Installation of 911 Turbo mirror instead of SportDesign mirror)
XDG - Wheels Painted Black
XFJ - Instrument dials in White
XHJ - Gear Selector in Carbon Fiber
XSC - Porsche Crest on headrests
XUB - Headlight cleaning system covers painted in exterior color
ZAB - Ornamental Porsche Crest

Pros/Cons:

Option 1:

No 18 way seats, no PDCC, center locks (pro or con?), yellow accents cool

Option 2:

Lowest discount, would have to add paddles. Great build. Would I get sick of all the red?

Option 3:

Turbo S....... (I think most will stop here), no entry and drive, great discount, just a little more than others per month, no burmester, no CL's

All options are within $100 per month. Each deal a little different but financials not the focus. Really like the 2015 build. Not sure about the Red interior but it's different and cool. 2014 Turbo S.... well it's a Turbo S with No CL's. Think I prefer no CL's. Seem like a potential problem.

So, I'm asking for opinions..... thx.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:55 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Well one last question is this a lease or a buy. I ask because I would say somethings may be more negotiable to me. It would also make sense to lease the 15's if they have a better residual? I leased last time around but bought the TT.

Option 1: I am not big on the Center locks or the PCCB for reasons of maintenance, and aftermarket options. They look good though. You really cannot go wrong with a black on black 911 when clean. The problem is being a slave to black. The car is a nice build with some personal touches like the yellow gauges. The glass roof is one of my favorite options. The standard 14 way seats are fine. I had them in my last 991. I prefer the 18 way seats in the new turbo but it would not be a deal breaker.

Option 2: This would probably be my top color combo. I love Agate Gray and the red/black interior especially with the Carbon fiber interior. I think this combo is just the right amount of red. No Glass roof here but it does have the Sport Design Mirrors which solve that annoying issue of the lower mirror not being painted. I enjoyed the functionality of my multifunction steering wheel in the previous car but after a couple off weeks with the Sport Design wheel feel the MF wheel would look out of place in the Turbo. The Black PDLS would look sharp as well. The PDCC is great but even after driving one with it this would not be a deciding factor for a DD.

Option 3: It is Turbo S.....so the extra 40 hp and standard options have to count for something. I do not have the entry and drive on this TT and was pissed someone did not tick the box for a matter of a grand on my build. Again after a few weeks it really is not that big of a deal. At this price point should have had it. The center locks again are not a deal breaker for me. The Burmeister I did not feel strongly towards either. It sounds better than the Bose but most of the cars I looked at did not have it and I am not a die hard audiophile.

I would probably go with option 2 if it is the best deal and they can add the Sport Design wheel. It is a 15 and that Agate Gray on red with Sport design mirror with the Carbon interior is just sexy.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 09-09-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:04 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
If all three are within 100 bucks on your monthly budget I would get the TTS simply due to all of the included standard options. You will have less hassle with the 5lug wheels which are great looking in my opinion.
Taking my own preference out and being as neutral as possible, all three cars would be awesome and you would honestly love each one. So you just have to decide what color you want!!!!!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Thx so far. No bad options.

Tommy - it's a lease so 14 v 15 not huge but I prob won't make it to the end so it might play.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Oh god, option three no questions.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Then if it is a lease and only 100 bucks difference I am with Doc on the TTS.

If it were me buying I would take option 2 simply bc of the color combo and deal. No bad options there especially to only have it for a couple of years.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
3 is the Only Option

At price parity, a Blk/blk Turbo S trumps the other two well-optioned Turbos. Since you are not a stereo-phile, then do not worry about the Burmester option. PDCC is rarely noticed although is nice to have. IMHO although LED headlights are unnecessary, they sure look way better than the Xenon lights. Also I think you would find the sunroof in glass a really great comfort option. Good luck and may the force(d air) be with you.

My rank would be 3, then 1 and then 2 especially if you do not need to change those center-lock wheels for cooler weather driving with the appropriate tires.

If you are partial to certain color options then the dilemma may increase b/c I agree with the above comments about interior/exterior color choices.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 AM
I think I am taking option 1 off the table. Since I will be driving this car all year, I really don't want to deal with CL wheels. Also, although not a deal breaker, PDCC is nice to have.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:21 AM
A little eye candy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Agate  991 TT.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	401477

Click image for larger version

Name:	Agate - Red Interior.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	401478

Old 09-10-2014, 09:09 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Options aside, IMHO the 2nd will look far superior to the standard black/black. Easier to maintain the appearance as well. 18-way seats are nice as well.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:20 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Price not being an issue, I would opt for the TTS. Best color combo is 2 (I have the same interior - it is stunning). Not a fan of black/black - too hard to keep clean and too boring on the inside.

I don't think you could go wrong with either 2 or 3.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:10 AM
jmac is on a distinguished road
No question #2 is the one, with one small modification. Go with black carpeting - it turns down the volume of the red perfectly. I've seen a few like this and it looks amazing...

jmac

Old 09-11-2014, 03:07 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmac
No question #2 is the one, with one small modification. Go with black carpeting - it turns down the volume of the red perfectly. I've seen a few like this and it looks amazing...

jmac
My car came with black mats. I think it is the standard color mat with the garnet/black combo.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Mine came with black mats too.

I would do the TTS.

Last edited by Fkim011; 09-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Overlake will become famous soon enough
For all the cash money these Turbos command, I'd option up something to my exacting tastes.

Musts for me are the Turbo S, aerokit (if there is one), PCCB, LED lights, darkened headlight front and rear lenses, sport seats, crest in headrest, full CF interior bits, gloss black wheels, and the other suspension doodads. I'm sure I'm missing some not knowing what comes standard on the S models, but these options are money for me. No sunroof. Keep it lightweight up top.

Darkest gray available with red seats.

Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's down to 3 (input on options wanted)