Add me to happy SamboTT & COBB client list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:06 AM
jamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud of
Add me to happy SamboTT & COBB client list

Traded my 997tt in on a 991 TTS about a month ago and wanted to enjoy it in stock form for a few weeks before I began the inevitable slippery slope of a few choice mods.

I've really enjoyed reading through all the posts related to the GIAC and the Cobb guys here and, as a result, I've learned a lot in a very short time re the options avail to us.

With all my cars, my goal is to always end up with a fantastic package overall for daily driving since I rarely have time to hit the track.

A friend of mine has the full SamboTT stage 3 package and recommended Sam (By Design Automotive Group) to me last week.

So I gave him a call to discuss options.

As many have said previously, Sam is the real deal. We talked about my goals and he quickly understood that I wasn't looking to build some 1000hp monster. He gave me some great recommends along with pros and cons for each. Extremely knowledgeable, very SoCal easy going, no pressure and has, so far, provided an unbelievable level customer service = the kind by which Sam was replying to me at night and weekends (almost right away btw) with answers to questions. He was even getting back to me, in real time, from airport yesterday on his way to SEMA. As a new customer, the experience has been very confidence inspiring to say the least.

As a multiple business owner who lives and dies by the customer service we offer to our clients, I'm always amazed at the level of absolute **** customer service within the aftermarket vendor community. It's refreshing to find a few guys who really understand that even if you are selling an amazing product, success in business is based on customer service.

So far I only ordered the COBB AP as I want to enjoy stage 1 for a bit and I'll then order the rest of the bits that make up Sam's St 2 (Kline Innovation 70 mm exhaust with 100cell large bore cats, Kline equal length stainless headers with coating and a Bmc Filter).

Loaded COBB St 1 last night in what seamed to be 5 mins with ZERO issues. I'm in the tech industry and, honestly, the COBB AP flash process was about the single easiest software update I've ever done in my life. Actually loaded it with the tech foreman at my dealer (friend of mine) and his comment was "wow.. if only Porsche software updates were that easy - AP is really amazing."

To the COBB guys - hats off to you sirs. Amazing work with this product and offering.

@SamboTT - we'll catch up after SEMA to order the rest of the bits

I'll conclude with a few gratuitous pics of my car. I'm a GT silver guy, but went with Agate and am very happy I did.

Last edited by jamesaarra; 11-04-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:49 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Awesome and you are dead on with your comments about customer service. Some get it and some don't. Enjoy. I plan to also do the AP very soon.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Congratulations. She's quite the looker. Best of luck with your car and your mods.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Your car is gorgeous!

Thanks so much for the kind words! Please let us know if you need anything at all!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 11-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing car!

Old 11-04-2015, 11:47 AM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Congrats!! Sam is the real deal

Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmorgan911
Congrats!! Sam is the real deal
You have an amazing tune file and you received first class support during our meet at Atco. Very impressed with all of that.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Amazing team and amazing clients. I'm not being cheesy. I mean it. I love what I do!
Thanks for all the support guys and James that was a really cool pat on the back. Much appreciated as well as another new friendship! You...!

Old 11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
jamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud ofjamesaarra has much to be proud of
Thx all.

I've only had about an hour in the cabin post AP tune last night, but you can certainly feel the power increase right away. I left the dealer last night and broke all 4 tires free in 2nd gear . I'll post a more detailed write up after logging some more time.

Got the rest of the bits on order (I couldn't wait) so looking forward to getting the full st 2 complete package on the new beast.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:51 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamesaarra
Thx all.

I've only had about an hour in the cabin post AP tune last night, but you can certainly feel the power increase right away. I left the dealer last night and broke all 4 tires free in 2nd gear . I'll post a more detailed write up after logging some more time.

Got the rest of the bits on order (I couldn't wait) so looking forward to getting the full st 2 complete package on the new beast.
Welcome to the team! The AP power is infectious. You will find yourself looking for track events very soon! Cant go wrong with SamboTT. Ultimately Sam saves his clients a ton of time and money in his "one time" purchase recommendations. Beautiful car btw!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:01 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Mmmmmm - Agate Grey TTS Cobb! Ya man!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Haha yeah. Agate for Pres!

Old 11-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !

Agate for King.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:59 AM
pasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond repute
Agate Stage 3 by Sambo

Old 11-05-2015, 04:46 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
Mmmmmm - Agate Grey TTS Cobb! Ya man!

Lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Add me to happy SamboTT & COBB client list