turbo 991 spoiler loss ( adjust speed ) issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:25 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Meh.

Normally performance parts only blow the warranty for the engine.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Dashti991 is just really niceDashti991 is just really niceDashti991 is just really niceDashti991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by shifter_
Meh.

Normally performance parts only blow the warranty for the engine.
yes i agree with u , but it is our dealer rules.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:17 PM
MCarsFan is an unknown quantity at this point
lost spoiler message. Off to dealer. Any advice on what I need them to check/ replace/update would be appreciated.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MCarsFan
lost spoiler message. Off to dealer. Any advice on what I need them to check/ replace/update would be appreciated.
Your front spoiler bladder is popped.

Look forward to spending 5k on a new spoiler.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Your front spoiler bladder is popped.

Look forward to spending 5k on a new spoiler.
Let's hope so. I want it to be a simple solution. I'm warrantied until 2020.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:22 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !

Good Luck. If the previous owner popped the bladder by hitting something with that front spoiler the dealer won't warranty it. I believe we met briefly at cars and coffee as I was trying to leave. If you just got the car from a Porsche dealer directly you'll have beter chances than a private party or 3rd party dealer.

also any pics of the front spoiler? Is there any damage to it, pieces missing?

Old 09-03-2017, 12:14 PM

I think you misunderstood. if it's popped, it's not covered under warranty. it only pops due to abuse. it's 5k out of your pocket.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Good Luck. If the previous owner popped the bladder by hitting something with that front spoiler the dealer won't warranty it. I believe we met briefly at cars and coffee as I was trying to leave. If you just got the car from a Porsche dealer directly you'll have beter chances than a private party or 3rd party dealer.

also any pics of the front spoiler? Is there any damage to it, pieces missing?
Good meeting you. The car was delivered the day before CNC. I had it trailered in. I cannot see any damage. Looked closely and couldn't tell / see anything.

The car looks fine when I look at the front spoiler.

I bought the car directly from a Porsche dealer.

The first time I opened the car up the message started so I have no idea. As far as I could tell I suspected it was the rear spoiler hydraulics that were the issue. If it's the front bladder, I will ask the dealer that sold me the car to address the issue.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:18 PM
I think you misunderstood. if it's popped, it's not covered under warranty. it only pops due to abuse. it's 5k out of your pocket.
Understood. But I just received the car two days ago from a Porsche dealer and the first time I went over 75mps the error message occurred.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Understood. But I just received the car two days ago from a Porsche dealer and the first time I went over 75mps the error message occurred.

welcome to my life. had the exact same thing happen. bought a CPO shipped in from TX. had under 1200 miles on it. received the car and first day went over 75 and got the error.

took it to my dealer and they found the popped spoiler. called the purchase dealer and they claimed it must have been damaged during shipping and didn't want to cover it. then they said maybe they would cover half the cost and tried to get me to hit the shipping company for the other half. they claimed the shipping company must have taken it out for a joy ride.

I went round and round with them and the shipping company until I found a picture I had downloaded from their website of the car on their lot - sure enough you could see it clear as day the spoiler was damaged. they CPO'd the car without even bothering to check that. needless to say after showing them that picture, they paid the entire bill. but it wasn't without a ton of hassle.

these air bladders get damaged all the time because people drive with the spoilers out and don't think about it when they go over speed bumps or back into parking spots, etc and pop them. so what I'm trying to say is unless you have proof they delivered you the car with the damaged spoiler, good luck getting them to cover the cost.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:39 PM
welcome to my life. had the exact same thing happen. bought a CPO shipped in from TX. had under 1200 miles on it. received the car and first day went over 75 and got the error.

took it to my dealer and they found the popped spoiler. called the purchase dealer and they claimed it must have been damaged during shipping and didn't want to cover it. then they said maybe they would cover half the cost and tried to get me to hit the shipping company for the other half. they claimed the shipping company must have taken it out for a joy ride.

I went round and round with them and the shipping company until I found a picture I had downloaded from their website of the car on their lot - sure enough you could see it clear as day the spoiler was damaged. they CPO'd the car without even bothering to check that. needless to say after showing them that picture, they paid the entire bill. but it wasn't without a ton of hassle.

these air bladders get damaged all the time because people drive with the spoilers out and don't think about it when they go over speed bumps or back into parking spots, etc and pop them. so what I'm trying to say is unless you have proof they delivered you the car with the damaged spoiler, good luck getting them to cover the cost.
Sounds like a terrible experience! Sorry to hear!

I hope you managed to get the selling dealer to cover the damaged bladder in the end.

Took the car for a spin today and the spoiler worked (magic!)- I'm checked in tomorrow at Porsche Plano to check over the car.. frustratingly I bet the spoiler loss error message will not occur!!

Old 09-04-2017, 04:01 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a terrible experience! Sorry to hear!

I hope you managed to get the selling dealer to cover the damaged bladder in the end.

Took the car for a spin today and the spoiler worked (magic!)- I'm checked in tomorrow at Porsche Plano to check over the car.. frustratingly I bet the spoiler loss error message will not occur!!
I had an episode of a spoiler loss message a couple of months ago. I couldn't get rid of it. Went in to the dealer. Turned out to be a software issue. They fixed it.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:22 AM
Dashti991 is just really niceDashti991 is just really niceDashti991 is just really niceDashti991 is just really nice
sometimes it is from main fuse , or needs software update , inlet - outlet hoses air leak , front spoiler crack , but in my case it was main pump air leak , they do not sell spare parts , I should buy whole system ( black box ).

Last edited by Dashti991; 09-05-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:23 AM

then it's definitely not a destroyed bladder like mine, which is good. hopefully whatever it is they will cover it since you just bought it.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Thanks. We will see today

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: turbo 991 spoiler loss ( adjust speed ) issue