New 991.2 Turbo previewed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 09:09 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
From the pics on the configurator it appears the 991.2 turbo s is sporting Michelin tires of some type, super sports or cup 2? Possibly an oversight just the graphics guys using GT3 or RS wheels as a template and forgetting to change to Pirelli's for the turbos.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:33 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche Boy
Something just doesn't feel right. It's funny, the 991 gt3 first generation comes out with 475 hp up from 435. That is a 50 hp jump. However the Second generation 991 turbo only gets 40 hp from its previous shape. For the horsepower, the Turbo does wonders but it is simply not enough to keep up with the competition.

I remember when the 997.2 turbo came out and it crushed the LP 560 with 60 horses less. Now you get the second generation 991 turbo and it won't come close to beating the Huracan from a roll.

Not only is the HP not enough, but with in the Porsche line up, the performance gap has started to narrow down a huge margin. I hear from a roll on at first gear the 991 gt3 vs a 991 turbo is not much of a difference till around 200kms.

I can't help but feel cheated in some way. Oh well.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:56 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
I really like the outcome of this race. However to be realistic the lambo
started way too late. I also believe this Turbo isn't stock. If a stock Turbo can take on the lambo from a roll, I certainly would feel better.

Nice kill regardless.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:34 AM
charge has a spectacular aura aboutcharge has a spectacular aura aboutcharge has a spectacular aura about
Sport Exhaust is still not an option

Old 12-06-2015, 08:39 AM
deddie is on a distinguished road
Something just doesn't feel right. It's funny, the 991 gt3 first generation comes out with 475 hp up from 435. That is a 50 hp jump. However the Second generation 991 turbo only gets 40 hp from its previous shape. For the horsepower, the Turbo does wonders but it is simply not enough to keep up with the competition.

I remember when the 997.2 turbo came out and it crushed the LP 560 with 60 horses less. Now you get the second generation 991 turbo and it won't come close to beating the Huracan from a roll.

Not only is the HP not enough, but with in the Porsche line up, the performance gap has started to narrow down a huge margin. I hear from a roll on at first gear the 991 gt3 vs a 991 turbo is not much of a difference till around 200kms.

I can't help but feel cheated in some way. Oh well.
I'm struggling...walk me through how you can feel cheated by a car that you don't own...

Old 12-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deddie
I'm struggling...walk me through how you can feel cheated by a car that you don't own...
Hi Deddie. You definitely seem to be having a better day than I am.
If you wanted a picture of my car you can simply just ask. To be honest,
I don't usually entertain people like you, especially one with such few posts. Certainly puts a question on your agenda if anything. However I see you have joined a good while back, so in respect I'll bite

Actually you seem to be a very spirited jolly type of guy. So I'll put
back the effort with a bit of spice and say: " How about we play a game"

Option 1: Kindly ask for a picture and I will be more than happy to provide you with one and will forget about "I'm struggling...walk me through how you can feel cheated by a car that you don't own..."

Option 2: Stick with what you said. I'll post a picture of my car but in return, you have to post a pic with your pants off

So which is it going to be? I certainly hope the latter.
Oh and by the way, my car color is " Oryx white pearl affect" one of a kind. So you'll know it's my car

Have a great day !

Old 12-06-2015, 12:17 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Lots of info & photos on Stuttcars:

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-mo...91.2/turbo3.8/

Old 12-06-2015, 03:29 PM
deddie is on a distinguished road
Hi Deddie. You definitely seem to be having a better day than I am.
If you wanted a picture of my car you can simply just ask. To be honest,
I don't usually entertain people like you, especially one with such few posts. Certainly puts a question on your agenda if anything. However I see you have joined a good while back, so in respect I'll bite

Actually you seem to be a very spirited jolly type of guy. So I'll put
back the effort with a bit of spice and say: " How about we play a game"

Option 1: Kindly ask for a picture and I will be more than happy to provide you with one and will forget about "I'm struggling...walk me through how you can feel cheated by a car that you don't own..."

Option 2: Stick with what you said. I'll post a picture of my car but in return, you have to post a pic with your pants off

So which is it going to be? I certainly hope the latter.
Oh and by the way, my car color is " Oryx white pearl affect" one of a kind. So you'll know it's my car

Have a great day !
I meant that it is not possible to be cheated by a 991.2 turbo that no one currently owns. You are complicating the issue...again.

Old 12-06-2015, 03:58 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Excellent improvements. It just keeps getting better. We will have to wait a few years before it gets light enough to go with a hybrid setup with instant torque in front. Will be interesting to see how they integrate electric motor torque with a turbo. The 991.2 is beautiful and more functional, it appears. Only disappointment is the small increase in hp. Maybe the 991.2 has not sunk in, but I think that my 991.1 is fantastic. Porsche engineers are impressive.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by deddie
I meant that it is not possible to be cheated by a 991.2 turbo that no one currently owns. You are complicating the issue...again.
Well then I have to say it is strange why you would ask that question.
Not sure if you read my whole post or maybe I was not specific enough.
I am talking about the 991 Turbo line up in general and how I personally find it to be lacking. The reasons I mentioned in my early post again:

1. "Not only is the HP not enough, but with in the Porsche line up, the performance gap has started to narrow down a huge margin." Example the 991 Turbo is 520 hp and the 991 GT3 is 475. Now the new 991.2 Carrera s
is Turbo charged with more Torque meaning the Lower models are closing in on the Higher models.

2. "I hear from a roll on at first gear the 991 gt3 vs a 991 turbo is not much of a difference till around 200kms. " This is what I have been told.
It does bother me a little.

3. "It's funny, the 991 gt3 first generation comes out with 475 hp up from 435. That is a 50 hp jump. However the Second generation 991 turbo only gets 40 hp from its previous shape." Now I talk about the second generation Turbo still not having enough.

4. I own a 991 Turbo so it includes me.

Maybe it's just me but yes I do feel some what cheated for the money being spent. Hope you have a better understanding of my view.

Sorry for the side track.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:45 PM
chiffonade is on a distinguished road
bro, it's a horsepower war, and battles will be won and lost year to year. it's just part of the high end car game. enjoy it for what it is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.