Roll Call: Who is Going to Wannagofast in Ocala on Jan 23-24??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 05:57 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
I understand....There are competitive "win" videos I refuse to post and have been asked routinely to post. However out of respect for the competition or due to the crassness that it would suggest I would not publicly post. When your out there having fun its not always about running back to put yourself in the most favorable light at any and all cost.
Isn't there a video of Mark Blackwell's car and your car from Shift Sector where you guys were dead even that neither you nor the cobb people didn't post?

I'm the first one to say given I'm at an increased stage with upgraded intercoolers and that should've won that race. The Title and my post accurately states it's a Cobb stage 2 car. Not a cobb stage III car which would've been a better fight.

But honestly my car should've won the race by more than 3 mph and my best trap should have been a lot more than 1 mph better than the Cobb Stage 2 car. That says a lot about that Cobb stage 2 tune and how powerful it is. Or it says I need more top end.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:11 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Isn't there a video of Mark Blackwell's car and your car from Shift Sector where you guys were dead even that neither you nor the cobb people didn't post?

I'm the first one to say given I'm at an increased stage with upgraded intercoolers and that should've won that race. The Title and my post accurately states it's a Cobb stage 2 car. Not a cobb stage III car which would've been a better fight.

But honestly my car should've won the race by more than 3 mph and my best trap should have been a lot more than 1 mph better than the Cobb Stage 2 car. That says a lot about that Cobb stage 2 tune and how powerful it is. Or it says I need more top end.
Never dead even with Mark Blackwell at Shift Sector...That video does not exist because it didn't happen, period!

However back on topic, your car and its performance issues aside it is more the reason to not have been "looking" for a victim.

I'm pretty sure this was not your intent but It appears she was blindsided and set up. From your own admission you realize how important the weight factor was and you positioned to have an alternate driver pilot your car, I presume much lighter as you've mentioned she had a weight advantage. You then claim victory against a female driver, in a new vehicle who has never raced before. You asked her a few questions on setup to better detail and quantify your video post. Having a friend pilot your car and omitting that minor detail all in an attempt to cast the light as you have. I would be just as upset...

Old 01-25-2016, 06:29 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White991TT
Never dead even with Mark Blackwell at Shift Sector...That video does not exist because it didn't happen, period!

However back on topic, your car and its performance issues aside it is more the reason to not have been "looking" for a victim.

I'm pretty sure this was not your intent but It appears she was blindsided and set up. From your own admission you realize how important the weight factor was and you positioned to have an alternate driver pilot your car, I presume much lighter as you've mentioned she had a weight advantage. You then claim victory against a female driver, in a new vehicle who has never raced before. You asked her a few questions on setup to better detail and quantify your video post. Having a friend pilot your car and omitting that minor detail all in an attempt to cast the light as you have. I would be just as upset...
I heard that you and Mark had such a race but I wasn't there. Ask Mark if it happened. His recall may be quite different from Yours

As far as setting up you weren't there. Nobody was set up. We decided to switch drivers after one and a half days of the event to see if my friend who is much lighter than me could post a higher trap speed closer to what was done at Shift sector.

As I said before we were in the general non Sponsor lane all the way to the left. That Lane generally races with the lane immediately to the right of it. The Cobb 991 turbo was in the general Non sponsor lane two lanes to the right which does not generally race with the lane My car was in. The staff member saw the cars and told both cars to come up. That's the way it happened. If we wanted to lie in wait for this poor unsuspecting Cobb 991 Turbo we would've positioned our car in the lane that does race with the lane that car was in. Not two lanes to the left of it.

Moreover my post clearly states that the mods and stages were different. Of course a GIAC stage 2+ car with upgraded intercoolers should beat. Cobb stage 2 car with stock intercoolers. This was unfortunately the only 991 turbo race of the entire two day event. It would've been really nice to have some of the Cobb stage three cars or stayed for cars come but none did.

I would be delighted to come out to California for Shiftsector and race your car but $4000 shipping cost for a two day event is beyond my means. If someone wants to sponsor me to come out I'd be happy to compete.

If not. I will certainly be at slipstream's half-mile event hopefully with the big turbos. There are lots of great Cobb cars in my region such as RobRob's stage 4 car that I'm sure will race with me and we will have a great time.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by svoshop
Yea. A little launch control fail. Short shifted second and well... 157 is all you get.

My gallardo is the white one. Silver was a stage 3.

And maybe an "attack" is harsh. But when you creep up like the grinch who stole Christmas and start asking questions ... To a girl who clearly is clueless ... And then post poor info everywhere with a www. Address , then I think we are on equal playing fields.

Anyways.

Come to Georgia.

I have a sticker for that black turbo s. . . I just lost to a girl.

She will be ready. ❤️��

Mike
ill be at clayton in may. ill be your huckleberry!

Old 01-25-2016, 06:55 PM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
I heard that you and Mark had such a race but I wasn't there. Ask Mark if it happened. His recall may be quite different from Yours

As far as setting up you weren't there. Nobody was set up. We decided to switch drivers after one and a half days of the event to see if my friend who is much lighter than me could post a higher trap speed closer to what was done at Shift sector.

As I said before we were in the general non Sponsor lane all the way to the left. That Lane generally races with the lane immediately to the right of it. The Cobb 991 turbo was in the general Non sponsor lane two lanes to the right which does not generally race with the lane My car was in. The staff member saw the cars and told both cars to come up. That's the way it happened. If we wanted to lie in wait for this poor unsuspecting Cobb 991 Turbo we would've positioned our car in the lane that does race with the lane that car was in. Not two lanes to the left of it.

Moreover my post clearly states that the mods and stages were different. Of course a GIAC stage 2+ car with upgraded intercoolers should beat. Cobb stage 2 car with stock intercoolers. This was unfortunately the only 991 turbo race of the entire two day event. It would've been really nice to have some of the Cobb stage three cars or stayed for cars come but none did.

I would be delighted to come out to California for Shiftsector and race your car but $4000 shipping cost for a two day event is beyond my means. If someone wants to sponsor me to come out I'd be happy to compete.

If not. I will certainly be at slipstream's half-mile event hopefully with the big turbos. There are lots of great Cobb cars in my region such as RobRob's stage 4 car that I'm sure will race with me and we will have a great time.
It's becoming more apparent that a GIAC tuned car requires more mods to keep pace with a COBB tuned car.

Stated differently (), a GIAC stage 2++ is even with a COBB stage 2. At the ATCO event in October, my stage 2 COBB ran dead even with your Stage 2++ GIAC? And at this event, there was roughly the same outcome. Is that accurate?

AND WHEN IS SLIPSTREAM PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN SIGN UP FOR THAT CHIT

Old 01-25-2016, 06:58 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by svoshop
Yea. A little launch control fail. Short shifted second and well... 157 is all you get.

My gallardo is the white one. Silver was a stage 3.

And maybe an "attack" is harsh. But when you creep up like the grinch who stole Christmas and start asking questions ... To a girl who clearly is clueless ... And then post poor info everywhere with a www. Address , then I think we are on equal playing fields.

Anyways.

Come to Georgia.

I have a sticker for that black turbo s. . . I just lost to a girl.

She will be ready. ❤️��

Mike

LOL this things can happen In the world of racing, but at the end everybody knows that COBB is "the new pink"

I have a 1/2 mile event in PR this April, UGR crew will be here, you can come too with your toy

Old 01-25-2016, 07:12 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
ill be at clayton in may. ill be your huckleberry!
Me too.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by jmorgan911
It's becoming more apparent that a GIAC tuned car requires more mods to keep pace with a COBB tuned car.

Stated differently (), a GIAC stage 2++ is even with a COBB stage 2. At the ATCO event in October, my stage 2 COBB ran dead even with your Stage 2++ GIAC? And at this event, there was roughly the same outcome. Is that accurate?

AND WHEN IS SLIPSTREAM PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN SIGN UP FOR THAT CHIT
Yes although mine was faster than you car and Svo's Cobb Stage 2 car it was only marginally faster.

At Atco mine was 10.316 at 132 and yours was high 10.3s at 131.

At Wannagofast my car's best trap was 161 and the Cobb Stage 2 car's was 160.

The margin should have been much larger than that. But it wasn't.

I am not sure when Slimstream's half mile is but will let you know when I know

Old 01-25-2016, 09:58 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
There was a maroon colored 911 turbo S in ocala last year running consistent 163s. I believe it had Alabama plates and is the car that was doing the 1/4 mile up against the 918's. At the time the only tune available was GIAC stage 1. Not sure what exhaust the guy had, but the car was definitely lowered and had MPSC2 tires I remember from last year.

I was in ocala this year saturday morning, horrendous conditions but still had fun!

Here's one of that guys runs from 2015:

Old 01-26-2016, 02:24 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zerix
There was a maroon colored 911 turbo S in ocala last year running consistent 163s. I believe it had Alabama plates and is the car that was doing the 1/4 mile up against the 918's. At the time the only tune available was GIAC stage 1. Not sure what exhaust the guy had, but the car was definitely lowered and had MPSC2 tires I remember from last year.

I was in ocala this year saturday morning, horrendous conditions but still had fun!

GTR vs Porsche 911 at WannaGoFast Ocala 1/2 mile 2015 - YouTube
if that was the topspeed 911 he had 2 large nos tanks in the back

Old 01-26-2016, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
if that was the topspeed 911 he had 2 large nos tanks in the back
NOS! Love it. Sure could have used these suckers at the event. But wouldn't touch the stuff in my car.

Besides Webcarconnection met 918 Spyder whose car has the US stock turbo quarter mile record using water meth, NOS and C16. Great guy and a true enthusiast. Missed his 918 Spyder not being there. So few Porsches at the event.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:32 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zerix

GTR vs Porsche 911 at WannaGoFast Ocala 1/2 mile 2015 - YouTube

Its a vengance car... The owner is super super nice... He sat and talked with my wife about the car. Helped her make a decision to start with the 911 and not a UGR R8... ( yet, hehe )

He uses the nos to cool the charge. He is on stock turbos and intercoolers... However, I think one turbo finally bit it, and now he is going big.

Also has the 918 that you see at events. Again, super great guy.

IF anyone here, has the video of my wife, vs me, please send me a link or post it. It was our first time lined up, and the first time I went over 200. She also ran a 158.xx that run.

Mike

Old 01-26-2016, 06:31 AM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Yes although mine was faster than you car and Svo's Cobb Stage 2 car it was only marginally faster.

At Atco mine was 10.316 at 132 and yours was high 10.3s at 131.

At Wannagofast my car's best trap was 161 and the Cobb Stage 2 car's was 160.

The margin should have been much larger than that. But it wasn't.

I am not sure when Slimstream's half mile is but will let you know when I know
Yes, your car was marginally faster. I ran 131.92, so your car was 0.08 mph faster. I ran 10.36, your car ran 10.31 with me driving, 0.05 sec faster.

So a GIAC Stage 2+ with Champion Intercoolers, Tubi catless race exhaust, Champion race diverters, BMC filter, lightweight ADV005 Track Spec CS 3 piece forged wheels could manage to be 0.08 mph and 0.05sec faster than a COBB tuned turbo with stock filters, stock wheels, stock intercoolers, stock diverter and Europipe? Not worth bragging about if you ask me.

And it seems we see roughly the same outcome from this event at Ocala. I think these events have solidified which tune is better.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4061.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	438404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4062.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	438405  
Old 01-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yeah Mike Jeff is super great. We had a really nice conversation and aside from motorsports had a lot in common. And a build him a next level set of turbochargers and take that car to new heights! It's going to be fun!

Old 01-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Yeah Mike Jeff is super great. We had a really nice conversation and aside from motorsports had a lot in common. And a build him a next level set of turbochargers and take that car to new heights! It's going to be fun!
Jeff has the financial means and the willpower to do a big build which he is considering. I'm very excited about the prospect of someone wealthy doing the big build as they will shoulder the development costs for a new wave of improvements whereas most owners could not afford to shoulder the development costs.

Sure would be nice to have the 997.2 and the 991 in the 200 mph club in the half mile

Last edited by sdg1871; 01-26-2016 at 10:41 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roll Call: Who is Going to Wannagofast in Ocala on Jan 23-24??