Turbo S Wheel Help

Old 02-14-2016, 12:29 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
I've asked my service dept about fitment of GT3 wheels and they keep telling me that they do not know but will look into it. Suncoast sells GT3RS wheels/tires but will not tell me if they will work properly on a 991 TTS. Guess both are freaked about legal liability and potential PCNA blowback. I would like to stay with Porsche wheels .

Old 02-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
In that picture, it appears as though the wheels are tucked further into the wheelwell. It could be the angle, but that is what I see...

I'd go aftermarket with wheels all at the same diameter. This car wasn't designed with staggered wheels in mind, so why break your head trying?

With A/M wheels, you have many varied choices, and you can get exactly what you're looking for!
The Turbo S comes stock with a staggered wheel setup...

I don't like aftermarket wheels. I personally like the OEM look and prefer the OEM GT3 wheel design to any wheel on the market.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AndrewP
I've asked my service dept about fitment of GT3 wheels and they keep telling me that they do not know but will look into it. Suncoast sells GT3RS wheels/tires but will not tell me if they will work properly on a 991 TTS.
The difference between rolling diameters on the GT3RS with the 20/21 would probably detonate the AWD transfer case. Vendors have looked for front tire solutions to balance it out and havent found any. I'm under the impression (but dont know for a fact) that the GT3 wheels allow tires that are more in line with the 27.1"/27.4" F-R difference that comes stock.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Staggered offset and width, not diameter. Both F/R on a TT, TTs, GT3, GTS, whatever, are all 20".

Old 02-17-2016, 03:58 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
detonation

Originally Posted by Visceral
The difference between rolling diameters on the GT3RS with the 20/21 would probably detonate the AWD transfer case. Vendors have looked for front tire solutions to balance it out and havent found any. I'm under the impression (but dont know for a fact) that the GT3 wheels allow tires that are more in line with the 27.1"/27.4" F-R difference that comes stock.
I certainly would not guess about anything that would damage the car. Will keep it stock, although do like the GT3 wheels if they will not compromise any systems.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with AndrewP, i wouldn't want anything that will damage the car or its function. If i can make the stock tires fit on the GT3 wheels, will that work?

PS thank you for your reply and great input, it's much appreciated.

Staggered offset and width, not diameter. Both F/R on a TT, TTs, GT3, GTS, whatever, are all 20".
Gotcha. Should i do 26' Asanti's?

Originally Posted by AndrewP
I certainly would not guess about anything that would damage the car. Will keep it stock, although do like the GT3 wheels if they will not compromise any systems.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Amir just buy a set of wheels already or Ill send your Instagram stalker to your house

LOL

Old 02-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Vic55
Amir just buy a set of wheels already or Ill send your Instagram stalker to your house

LOL
DUDE NO! WHO IS THAT GUY

PS i'm trying, i just want the GT3 wheels -_______-

Old 02-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
DUDE NO! WHO IS THAT GUY

PS i'm trying, i just want the GT3 wheels -_______-
You could always opt for ADV.1's private design program and create it yourself. It would be lighter, stronger, and better

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 PM

I don't like aftermarket wheels. I personally like the OEM look and prefer the OEM GT3 wheel design to any wheel on the market.
Originally Posted by WheelB
You could always opt for ADV.1's private design program and create it yourself. It would be lighter, stronger, and better
I definitely don't want aftermarket, i like the OEM look. But if i do go aftermarket i wouldn't get ADV.1's. BBS/VOLK>

Old 02-21-2016, 03:19 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
A turbo S rim looks terrible on a GT3, just my opinion. I love my 991-GT3 and cant see it any other way than bone stock- except for exhaust mods, GT3 for life, god dam i love my car. It hits all the senses and some i didn't know i had!! Porsche!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2016, 03:37 PM
The 27.1/27.4 you're getting is the F-R for a GT3RS?

Because the GT3 and Turbo S both have a 27.2"/26.75" F-R differences stock. They both run a 245/35/20F & 305/30/20R P-Zero.

Based on my calculations, there should be no problem with the AWD transfer case as the rolling diameter and the tires size are exact for the GT3 and Turbo S, the GT3 just has wider tires (.5 inch) and a more aggressive offset. Correct?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 2.33.45 PM.png
Views:	102
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	440817  
Old 02-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Off Topic but i wish the Venders who are reading this and PMing me to try to sell my aftermarket wheels would instead try to HELP the ones who aren't interested in an aftermarket wheel get the wheels we want. Trust me when i say this, we already know that BBS/HRE etc are lighter than stock. By helping you would get a lot more business than trying to pitch me in a PM on some HRE's you have in stock SMH.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:41 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
All i know is my rims and tires are the pinnacle!!! Tenacious grip!! That .5 makes a difference

Old 02-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Off Topic but i wish the Venders who are reading this and PMing me to try to sell my aftermarket wheels would instead try to HELP the ones who aren't interested in an aftermarket wheel get the wheels we want. Trust me when i say this, we already know that BBS/HRE etc are lighter than stock. By helping you would get a lot more business than trying to pitch me in a PM on some HRE's you have in stock SMH.
We're only trying to provide options for those seeking help on the forums; especially those that don't have many options currently available to them. But duly noted

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Wheel Help