30+whp, thanks COBB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
30+whp, thanks COBB

Hello All!

Today we was checking that everything was on order on our Mustang dyno, and decide to check a few tables just in case... After a few twists, wala!!! 30whp+ more.

My God this thing is good

Thanks again to Omar, Mitch and Sambo

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	438547  

Last edited by webcarconnection; 01-27-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 PM
adibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond reputeadibaiz has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Old 01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice curves Hermano! So many cool things on the horizon also. I think in 30 days you will get about 30 more too if you want it Until we just have to stop so nobody gets hurt haha.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Hahaha yeah

Old 01-27-2016, 10:39 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Hahaha yeah
Funny thing is...... We are all just getting started..... Stay tuned! 🏁

Old 01-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Great to see the car picked up more power!

Can't wait for the half mile!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 01-28-2016, 10:32 AM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
Has anything been changed that addresses people's comments about Cobb's day to day drivability? The only reasons I'm currently leaning towards GIAC is that a) all safeties are in pace, including reducing power if heat becomes an issue and b) stock levels of smoothness in all modes.

I have put roughly 3500 miles on my '14 TTS in September. It's been on a road trip with me from NY to Florida and back, Boston to NY, and a whole lot of weekend pleasure driving. I drive it everywhere, so I'm very concerned about maintaining perfectly smooth day to day drivability, issues with throttle response at various RPMS, etc. I know a few people have seen these types of things pop up. Does it now drive as smooth as people claim the GIAC tunes to be? Would you say it's exactly like stock except faster?

Not sure if it matters but I'm going to be installing AWE intercoolers, AWE intake, Europipe exhaust, and possibly an IPD plenum and Y pipe. Would like a high-performing state of tune without sacrificing any of the day to day pleasure of how smooth the car is from the factory. It's just soooooooooo effortless in everything it does.

Thanks!
-J

Old 01-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi J,

Cobb tunes initially came out with a bit of an aggressive feel. As customers requested it was taken care of for them. So easy via email and great customer service. However since December they have released several new maps all included for every customer. Now you have an option built in for a stock boost response or SBR map for every single octane and level. No safeties are ever removed and there are hundreds of users who are loving it. You are welcome to give it a try and I would be glad to support you 100%. Another beauty is that we can work with any hardware to dial your car in for the peak custom performance while impressing you with drivability!
Cheers

Old 01-28-2016, 11:44 AM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
Thanks Sambo. Just PMed you.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by White991TT
Funny thing is...... We are all just getting started..... Stay tuned! 🏁

Old 01-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Great to see the car picked up more power!

Can't wait for the half mile!

-Mitch
Yeah thanks to you my friend

Old 01-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by verinnal
Has anything been changed that addresses people's comments about Cobb's day to day drivability? The only reasons I'm currently leaning towards GIAC is that a) all safeties are in pace, including reducing power if heat becomes an issue and b) stock levels of smoothness in all modes.

I have put roughly 3500 miles on my '14 TTS in September. It's been on a road trip with me from NY to Florida and back, Boston to NY, and a whole lot of weekend pleasure driving. I drive it everywhere, so I'm very concerned about maintaining perfectly smooth day to day drivability, issues with throttle response at various RPMS, etc. I know a few people have seen these types of things pop up. Does it now drive as smooth as people claim the GIAC tunes to be? Would you say it's exactly like stock except faster?

Not sure if it matters but I'm going to be installing AWE intercoolers, AWE intake, Europipe exhaust, and possibly an IPD plenum and Y pipe. Would like a high-performing state of tune without sacrificing any of the day to day pleasure of how smooth the car is from the factory. It's just soooooooooo effortless in everything it does.

Thanks!
-J
My friend, I know any of the COBB guys can elaborate on details but I can garranty you that your car will drive like stock, only with more power on WOT

I'm like you, I don't like when you feel the smooth of a stock car is change for having more power, been there done that and didn't like it at all... With Cobb all things are in place and it will fine tune the things that need to tune, nothing more

Old 01-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Banned
I just read a few articles of difference between Mustang dynos vs Dynojets and basicly the Mustang Dyno read 10% less than the Dynojets (on avg)

So my Mustang 620whp & 618wtq on a dynojet is more or less 682whp & 679wtq???

Last edited by webcarconnection; 01-28-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:18 AM
pasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond reputepasd181 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by verinnal

Thanks!
-J
I installed the complete By Design set up with Cobb Stage III, The car has two personalties. It drives as stock, Kline Catless exhaust has no drone and tune is not noticeable and beast mode, the car becomes completly alive and responsive. I have had several Porsches, including a 997 gt2 that I tuned, the By Design set-up gives you the best of both worlds, classy effortless cruising and GT2 feel on demand. I have had this set-up since June of last year and absolutely love it. Next upgrade for me is Cobb stage IV and By Design Turbo's

Old 01-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Banned
Thanks, yes it is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 30+whp, thanks COBB