Vbox Sport Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:44 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Vbox Sport Help

I know a few of the members here use the vbox sport and I was wondering if you could offer me some advice/help. I'm having a really frustrating problem with mine. Out of over 50 "tries" over multiple days/locations I haven't been able to get the vbox to log my runs, except once! On the vbox sport I get a solid satellite light, Bluetooth light, my iPhone opens the app & everything is paired/seems to be working but as a I hit the "start" button and take off nothing registers. Sometimes I get a bunch of N/A on 0 to 60 etc, sometimes absolutely nothing. I just have to hit the reset button on my iPhone. I've tried everything I could think of, do the cold start reset, powered it on/off during driving, turned my bluetooth on/off, close app/reopen. I'm just completely frustrated and was wondering if anyone has any insight. Thank you! Rich

Old 02-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
I hooked mine up as mentioned and hit start button... wait a few seconds and launch. Never had a problem.
Did you check that the memory card is pressed all the way in? Not sure if that matters.

I know Im not much help, but Id call the guys at racelogic and ask them.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:44 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigRich
I know a few of the members here use the vbox sport and I was wondering if you could offer me some advice/help. I'm having a really frustrating problem with mine. Out of over 50 "tries" over multiple days/locations I haven't been able to get the vbox to log my runs, except once! On the vbox sport I get a solid satellite light, Bluetooth light, my iPhone opens the app & everything is paired/seems to be working but as a I hit the "start" button and take off nothing registers. Sometimes I get a bunch of N/A on 0 to 60 etc, sometimes absolutely nothing. I just have to hit the reset button on my iPhone. I've tried everything I could think of, do the cold start reset, powered it on/off during driving, turned my bluetooth on/off, close app/reopen. I'm just completely frustrated and was wondering if anyone has any insight. Thank you! Rich
I had the same issue with my vbox sport at wannagofast Ocala. Didn't work at all.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:45 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Check the racelogic site to see if your iphone and your vbox software levels are compatible. It may be your phone is more updated than the software the box came with. I use the Performance Box so I don't get much feedback when I am making my runs. When I get back I just download the data from the SD card to my computer and use perfdb.org but that doesn't give me any feedback between runs. I would think there is some incompatibility in the software levels because I have seen plenty of other printouts of peoples screens from their iphone so I know it generally works.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:48 AM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
UPDATE: I contacted racelogic/vbox and it is a known problem they are having. This was a emailed response back to me as a temporary fix for the issue. I tried the work around yesterday and it still didn't work. Needless to say I'm still extremely disappointed. Here's the supposed workaround if you have a iPhone or are having a similar issue with the vbox sport:

If you are running the latest iOS version, we have encountered a bug that sounds similar to your issue. Until the bug is resolved in a new version, we have a work around.
Please install the Diagnostics app, and make sure this is opened and running in the background. This should allow you to use the Performance Test app successfully.

This was from a support technician. Just as a warning to others I wanted to let you know whats going on. If I was you I would not currently buy a Vbox sport. I've got it to work once on over 50 runs. Even the data on the SD card is way off, some runs say I was going 286mph! Maybe I should put those up on one of those record threads for the turbos lol

Old 03-04-2016, 02:17 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
UPDATE: I contacted racelogic/vbox and it is a known problem they are having. This was a emailed response back to me as a temporary fix for the issue. I tried the work around yesterday and it still didn't work. Needless to say I'm still extremely disappointed. Here's the supposed workaround if you have a iPhone or are having a similar issue with the vbox sport:

If you are running the latest iOS version, we have encountered a bug that sounds similar to your issue. Until the bug is resolved in a new version, we have a work around.
Please install the Diagnostics app, and make sure this is opened and running in the background. This should allow you to use the Performance Test app successfully.

This was from a support technician. Just as a warning to others I wanted to let you know whats going on. If I was you I would not currently buy a Vbox sport. I've got it to work once on over 50 runs. Even the data on the SD card is way off, some runs say I was going 286mph! Maybe I should put those up on one of those record threads for the turbos lol
This is the bane of third software developmers. Dip$hit platform developers that don't maintain backward compatibilty in new platforms. This is a problem with IOS more than it is racelogic. If racelogic is using documented and supported APIs, they should be backward compatible in a newer version of IOS but of course the platform developers expect third party developers to dance to their tune. This is why I never developed for Mac's, they were famous for this kind of crap and having a horrible development environment. We did AIX, Solaris and Linux as well as Java which was OK because it worked across all platforms.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by wrs
This is the bane of third software developmers. Dip$hit platform developers that don't maintain backward compatibilty in new platforms. This is a problem with IOS more than it is racelogic. If racelogic is using documented and supported APIs, they should be backward compatible in a newer version of IOS but of course the platform developers expect third party developers to dance to their tune. This is why I never developed for Mac's, they were famous for this kind of crap and having a horrible development environment. We did AIX, Solaris and Linux as well as Java which was OK because it worked across all platforms.

I do understand the difficulties that are encountered by the developers due to Apple's constant updates to the iOS but, for me as a consumer, it doesn't matter. The product just doesn't work as it is suppose to. Racelogic should have had a fix for the issue by now. My understanding is most developers get seeded a beta version of a iOS before public release so they can have updates done to their apps for the launch of the iOS. Thats why we see Facebook, Instagram/etc almost automatically have a "push" update ready when Apple updates their iOS. For me, the features offered by the vbox sport where it comes to the App/s, was the primary reason for purchase. Now I'm stuck with none of those features and, for me, a pretty unusable piece of expensive equipment. It's just frustrating. I want others to know what is going on so they know what they are getting into. A lot of us don't go to tracks so the vbox sport is a solution to test our skills and mods. I've only started to use mine fairly recently so I don't know how long the app has actually been not working, i.e. which iOS update caused the conflict. It's fair to say I'm just disappointed and hoping a fix can happen somewhat soon.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Hey Big Rich. Sorry again to hear your frustrations. What iphone do you have and what ios? I am in now way a "computer" guy, but I have the vbox sport and never had a problem with it. I have not used it in a while and I am curious to see if it works since my ios updates.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:36 PM
I have newest ios on iphone. If I get around to it Ill give the vbox a try tomorrow, to let you know if it works.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Rich, The guys at Race-logic have been great to me. I would be glad to let you borrow a VBOX Mini (the regular one) until it's worked out. I will also get with Reid on this to become involved and try to help in any way I can. Just let me know!

Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nfall
Hey Big Rich. Sorry again to hear your frustrations. What iphone do you have and what ios? I am in now way a "computer" guy, but I have the vbox sport and never had a problem with it. I have not used it in a while and I am curious to see if it works since my ios updates.
I have a iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Rich, The guys at Race-logic have been great to me. I would be glad to let you borrow a VBOX Mini (the regular one) until it's worked out. I will also get with Reid on this to become involved and try to help in any way I can. Just let me know!
Sam I really appreciate your offer and help. I'm fine with waiting for a software update or a replacement, if for some reason race logic thinks my unit has a issue. The person helping me from support also wanted the link to this post so he could see if others are having similar issues. He did say they have heard/known of this issue. He wants me to send him a pic of where I mount mine on the dash as well, I'm sure just covering his bases. I have their mount and I mount it along the bottom, just to the left of center on the windshield by around 6 or so inches. I get all solid green lights so Im just going to keep troubleshooting with Race Logic. They have been very responsive to all my emails/etc. Once again I appreciate your offer and help Sam. Thanks everyone, Rich

Old 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sam I really appreciate your offer and help. I'm fine with waiting for a software update or a replacement, if for some reason race logic thinks my unit has a issue. The person helping me from support also wanted the link to this post so he could see if others are having similar issues. He did say they have heard/known of this issue. He wants me to send him a pic of where I mount mine on the dash as well, I'm sure just covering his bases. I have their mount and I mount it along the bottom, just to the left of center on the windshield by around 6 or so inches. I get all solid green lights so Im just going to keep troubleshooting with Race Logic. They have been very responsive to all my emails/etc. Once again I appreciate your offer and help Sam. Thanks everyone, Rich
Cheers Rich anytime! They are a great company!

Old 03-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
support@racelogic.com
Spoke to the guys and if anyone needs anything they are there as am I

Old 03-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Vbox took a minute or two to connect correctly with phone, but worked after it was paired correctly.