What kind of times are bolt on 991 Turbo S running??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:45 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of times are bolt on 991 Turbo S running??

Hey guys, my friend has a 15 Turbo S with a flash tune (I think it's a GIAC) with intercoolers and exhaust. We will be running against each other at ATCO in about a month for some fun and a small bet. How fast would you expect a turbo S with those mods to run the quarter??

For comparison my car is a 15 Stingray Z51 with longtube headers and an ECS Supercharger kit. On low boost 7lbs it makes 580/560. I have an auto 8 speed and in track mode it upshifts extremely fast. He is on Cup 2's and I will be on MT ET street drag radials.

How do you guys think this will play out? I plan to record it and post it up later in this thread. This is all in friendly fun and I love the 911 turbo. One of my favorite cars and I hope to own one someday. Few quick pics of the enemy lol

Old 03-31-2016, 12:09 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I have the GIAC tune and exhaust, but no intercooler upgrade. Depending on how well he drives, his car should be a low 10 second range. I've raced a couple of new Z06's in a half air field event, and to be honest it was pretty ugly. It was hard seeing them in my rear view mirror at the end of the half. That being said, have no idea how much of a difference your mods will make, but my guess is you'll have a hard time beating him.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
If he's got the GIAC Stage 2+ tune, which is what it sounds like, he should pretty consistently be in the low 10's.

The best time run by a Stage 2+ car so far has been 10.18, if I'm not mistaken. That was done by markblackwell out on the west coast.

Atco is a pretty quick track, so I would expect your friend's results to be similar or pretty close, assuming the track is prepped well and conditions are favorable.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:18 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Stage 2 times sounds awesome. Z06 has a small blower that overheats and the cars heavy. Mine is a Stingray with a Centri which puts out much better performance with less heat and set up has more room to grow.

My friend has the same car as me built by the same shop and just ran 10.2 at 139mph. That's only 8lbs. I do plan to forge the pistons next year and run 10-12lbs but for now im very happy. Wow sounds like it's going to be an amazing run!! I'm excited

Old 03-31-2016, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
I have the GIAC tune and exhaust, but no intercooler upgrade. Depending on how well he drives, his car should be a low 10 second range. I've raced a couple of new Z06's in a half air field event, and to be honest it was pretty ugly. It was hard seeing them in my rear view mirror at the end of the half. That being said, have no idea how much of a difference your mods will make, but my guess is you'll have a hard time beating him.
Do you have the stage 2 GIAC tune? What octane is that tuned for?? Do you run meth or just pump?

Old 03-31-2016, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
Stage 2 times sounds awesome. Z06 has a small blower that overheats and the cars heavy. Mine is a Stingray with a Centri which puts out much better performance with less heat and set up has more room to grow.

My friend has the same car as me built by the same shop and just ran 10.2 at 139mph. That's only 8lbs. I do plan to forge the pistons next year and run 10-12lbs but for now im very happy. Wow sounds like it's going to be an amazing run!! I'm excited
139 is a good trap speed. He won't trap that high...probably somewhere in the mid 130's at most...maybe 133-136. But the 911 has a wicked launch so it's hard to beat off the line.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
139 is a good trap speed. He won't trap that high...probably somewhere in the mid 130's at most...maybe 133-136. But the 911 has a wicked launch so it's hard to beat off the line.
You I will be playing catch up regardless. Awesome cars. Thanks for the insight guys!

Old 03-31-2016, 12:31 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have the stage 2 GIAC tune? What octane is that tuned for?? Do you run meth or just pump?
Yes, running Stage 2 on 100 Octane race gas.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Yes, running Stage 2 on 100 Octane race gas.
Beautiful car

Old 03-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That will be a good race!

Old 03-31-2016, 12:50 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
Where in NJ are you?

Old 03-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by gsc
Where in NJ are you?
Northern NJ - New Milford - exit 165 off PARKWAY

Old 03-31-2016, 02:41 PM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Take a video

Old 03-31-2016, 02:57 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Northern NJ - New Milford - exit 165 off PARKWAY
If you can 60' your vette - let's say in the 1.42 to 1.39 range and all else remains equal; you'll beat him.

If he leaves on you, but you're right there...your nose on his door, by the 1.000 (1/8 mile) mark you'll come around.

Next to the vettes, a 911 TT/S can leave hard, but when a vette has the same or better offline grip...the game is over.

I'm a fan of both and own both and I can tell you from personal experience, at a 1/4 track, with both cars with traction and similar power levels, the vette wins 8 times out of 10.

Either way, it should be a good race. Be safe and have fun.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 03-31-2016, 05:20 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !

That seams like a nice package!

What is included in this package that takes a car from 115trap to 139!

I am guessing that it is a little more then just a blower set up.

Headers, Intake, heads, cams?

What fuel?

Either way 139 is a seriously quick car.

If the 911 was a 6speed and you being an auto my bet would go to you, but being this is a PDK 991, I would have to place my bet with the 911.

Either way good luck and post vids of the results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What kind of times are bolt on 991 Turbo S running??