Project Redhead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
What's the issue? Thought the car was ready? I'll make a few extra passes for you!!
issues at the shop beyond the control of everyone. its possible the car could be ready by late april but it takes almost 2 weeks to get the carrier arranged and ship the car. once i get it home i have to get a new windshield, my rollbar installed, axles ,tags, tires mounted the list is long. just not enough time

Old 04-21-2016, 05:14 AM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
issues at the shop beyond the control of everyone. its possible the car could be ready by late april but it takes almost 2 weeks to get the carrier arranged and ship the car. once i get it home i have to get a new windshield, my rollbar installed, axles ,tags, tires mounted the list is long. just not enough time
Well, I spoke to soon! Looks like the turbo S won't be ready for VA after all. I'm upset but hopefully I can get it back in time for Ga's event. I'm going to have to take the 918 or not go at all!

Jeff

Old 04-21-2016, 05:35 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Well, I spoke to soon! Looks like the turbo S won't be ready for VA after all. I'm upset but hopefully I can get it back in time for Ga's event. I'm going to have to take the 918 or not go at all!

Jeff
I sure do hope you come. Would look forward to seeing you again and getting some videos of the 918 destroying my car. 918 is my favorite car out there

I decided to compete just on Saturday. It's a very long drive from New York and I want to stop in DC and see my brother and friends on the way back

Old 04-21-2016, 05:54 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Well, I spoke to soon! Looks like the turbo S won't be ready for VA after all. I'm upset but hopefully I can get it back in time for Ga's event. I'm going to have to take the 918 or not go at all! Jeff
I feel your pain!! I no sooner let my slot go when the shop said the car will be ready next sat!! DOH! Ill see if freed performance can fit me in under their sponsership for clayton

Old 04-21-2016, 05:41 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I sure do hope you come. Would look forward to seeing you again and getting some videos of the 918 destroying my car. 918 is my favorite car out there

I decided to compete just on Saturday. It's a very long drive from New York and I want to stop in DC and see my brother and friends on the way back
I'm bringing the 918 for both days. Do you like hockey?

Jeff

Old 04-21-2016, 05:42 PM
I feel your pain!! I no sooner let my slot go when the shop said the car will be ready next sat!! DOH! Ill see if freed performance can fit me in under their sponsership for clayton
Just come as I'm sure you can get in! Go see Blake if freed can't do it.

Jeff

Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Banned
Just come as I'm sure you can get in! Go see Blake if freed can't do it.

Jeff
just not enough time. takes 10 daqys to transport the car and i have a ton of stuff to do when it gets home. sept and oct for sure.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:55 PM
just not enough time. takes 10 daqys to transport the car and i have a ton of stuff to do when it gets home. sept and oct for sure.
10 days????? Where are you at? The moon

Old 04-21-2016, 07:15 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
I'm bringing the 918 for both days. Do you like hockey?

Jeff
I love going to hockey games although I don't follow the sport closely when I'm not going. New York Rangers fan

Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hang in there Jeff. The boys are pumping and I am on it!

Old 04-22-2016, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I love going to hockey games although I don't follow the sport closely when I'm not going. New York Rangers fan
Uggg, sorry about being a ranger fan! Just kidding. They are in a bind right now. While you are in DC, and the capitals are playing, I can send you two tickets if you would like. They will play the pens or rangers....looking like the pens at this point..

Jeff

Old 04-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Uggg, sorry about being a ranger fan! Just kidding. They are in a bind right now. While you are in DC, and the capitals are playing, I can send you two tickets if you would like. They will play the pens or rangers....looking like the pens at this point..

Jeff
Jeff, as always you're the best. I will only be in DC for the afternoon on Sunday returning to New York at night so I probably can't go to the hockey game but I really really appreciate the offer.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys. After much anticipation and weeks of hard work I'm excited to give a strong update on this project and share the story for those interested. I have to say this is one of the most challenging external upgrades I've ever been involved with. Everything is new and even after much planning needs to be done by hand usually more than once. Not a millimeter to spare in many cases. Jeff is driven and has been very supportive. It takes a guy like him to jump onto something like this and crazy people like us to take it on. I have to say without the team involved this would either be impossible or would take a year. Special thanks to BBI. Their schedule is hectic as usual. I'm mostly a one-man show with barely a minute to spare. Throw in the mix that both Betim and my beautiful wives are due to have our babies literally any minute! They must love us because there's not too many guys that work 2 and 3am nights in this situation. With these busy schedules that's what it took. Tony had his beautiful baby just a few weeks ago! *disclaimer, lots of pride here. Failure was never an option.

OK, so now I back up a little bit. We started from the middle. Finally, this calls for the perfect time to bust out the By Design/SRM 2.5" interchangeable intercooler inlet/oulets!

No big deal. Now let's go to the IPD Y-Pipe. We're going to need blow off valve's here. The junction between the coolers and the pipe. Oh and please leave room for all of the injection stuff...Tony's on it.

Amazing BBI Inconel headers designed so we could orient the new TiAL Xona's come in. First time. Good thing we got two sets. Betim doesn't hesitate to go for perfection no matter what. Two Proto sets become one

OK what do we do next? No instructions and the headers were a killer. Running low on time for an event Jeff really wants to get to. Too optimistic on my end. We miss it...Gets rained out anyhow. OK keep pushing! We need to get rid of the cone intakes and get the stock airbox we are confident in after testing back in the car. Not an easy task because there's tons of plumbing and a lot going on already with this record breaker. Tony, Betim…Please just go gold. Not platinum on this one Jeff okayed it. We have a week to get ready for the next event. The next morning they text me…"Platinum only Sambo!"

We have a week! Drop the motor again to get the lines plumbed. Never done before. Countless trips to pick up miscellaneous items measure twice cut once blah blah blah. Got the snails on. Now reinstall nitrous and everything. Make it work. Make it fit. Oh by the way, Jeff is getting more pumped. 200 shot upgrade also please. Overnighted and it's in.

Down to the wire. 48 hours but we have about two weeks of work. We put our heads back together. The entire team commits once again. Let's make this beautiful Kline Innovation Inconel 70 mm exhaust system talk to all of this fine work. No it won't, yes it will, no it won't, yes it will! Then I send Betim this text

Boom! They do it again. 5 PM Friday. Transporters here. SamboTT customer service swtiches gears to the truck driver LOL. Bobby at next day auto transport has been awesome doing his part when he can to make sure the car gets to Georgia soon as possible and in Jeff's hands. Fast forward. Now we're starting to get to the climax. Fire it up. Sounds gorgeous. You know I'm a sucker for fire and glowing headers!

We are all pumped. Lots of coffee. It's 3 AM. Wake up the truck driver.

I didn't want to take away from everyone's efforts in this awesome story. Then the heartbreak happens. Oil leak from a bad fitting. Even at the 11th hour with all of this going on the guys triple check everything and it's on the money. Bad fitting. It's 3:35 am. Brainstorm. Out of options. So now we have committed no matter what this car is going to get done in the next day or two. Still hoping to get it in Jeff's hands by the end of the week if it's at all humanly possible. So much has been done. So much sacrifice, time, blood, sweat and tears. Monday the motor comes back down to change that pesky fitting. Something that's probably a two day job will get done in one. Bobby is already arranging to get the car picked up as soon as we get it done. Won't sleep till then. Boost controller in as well as a base map!

Again, huge massive thanks to the team and everyone involved. Especially our wives and Jeff who deserves the ultimate result possible.

Wish us all luck and this is just the beginning of the story. We will see what Jeff can do with it and keep kicking it up. Fuel system, PDK and engine built. I have a feeling this gentleman is going to do everything no one thought could happen!

Cheers!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 05-07-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
...By the way everyone, sorry about the what I assume to be countless typos and Siri issues I'm very well known for. No time for an edit. Let's have some babies!

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy. Almost Jeff!

Old 05-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
...By the way everyone, sorry about the what I assume to be countless typos and Siri issues I'm very well known for. No time for an edit. Let's have some babies!

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy. Almost Jeff!
That looks so sick! I hope it does everything Jeff and everyone wanted to and more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project Redhead