Stock 991.2 Turbo S baseline acceleration testing no LC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 09:20 AM
gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Stock 991.2 Turbo S baseline acceleration testing no LC

As I have finished 700 fantastic miles on my new S I have just grabbed baseline acc test data for the .2 S. I've got a great private test location that is 0 slope and is just above sea level. I do an aggressive engine break in but believe in taking my time on the tranny and diff so all these baselines are without LC. Of note I utilized the individual setting to put the aero in auto mode which automatically goes into track mode in sport plus in the .2 . The manual states that the car can not achieve its top speed of 206mph in track aero mode ( which is different than the .1 the 7 degree angle of attack on the rear wing adds a lot of drag and downforce, great for track but not high speeds).The engine and suspension settings were in sport plus. The conditions for the test were good the total DA was 0. Here is the data. Must say I am very impressed with the car without LC!

Attached Images        
Old 05-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
60-130 in 7.65 for a bone stock car is crazy!! Even for modded cars that is a fast car let alone a bone stock off the showroom floor machine. Considering that you have the aero package and that must be slowing you down up top at least a tenth which should put that beast at a 7.5-7.55!!

Very Impressed!

Old 05-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Finally some acceleration #s on the .2.

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by gmd2003
As I have finished 700 fantastic miles on my new S I have just grabbed baseline acc test data for the .2 S. I've got a great private test location that is 0 slope and is just above sea level. I do an aggressive engine break in but believe in taking my time on the tranny and diff so all these baselines are without LC. Of note I utilized the individual setting to put the aero in auto mode which automatically goes into track mode in sport plus in the .2 . The manual states that the car can not achieve its top speed of 206mph in track aero mode ( which is different than the .1 the 7 degree angle of attack on the rear wing adds a lot of drag and downforce, great for track but not high speeds).The engine and suspension settings were in sport plus. The conditions for the test were good the total DA was 0. Here is the data. Must say I am very impressed with the car without LC!

Old 05-07-2016, 09:48 AM
gmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant futuregmd2003 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
60-130 in 7.65 for a bone stock car is crazy!! Even for modded cars that is a fast car let alone a bone stock off the showroom floor machine. Considering that you have the aero package and that must be slowing you down up top at least a tenth which should put that beast at a 7.5-7.55!!

Very Impressed!
The 7.65 was in the 1/4 mile run too so in an isolated run
I'm sure it can do 7.5. And thats without the -2.8 slope everyone tends to use now lol. It was zero slope!. I don't have the aero package actually the .2 makes more downforce than the .1 and the track mode for the aero ( highest rear wing position with 7 degree angle of attack limits top speed). So if you are doing speed runs its important to not put the selector wheel to sport plus which automatically puts the aero in track position above 9mph. You can program the individual setting on the wheel to be sport plus on everything except the aero! I'm really impressed by the top end the 130mph trap in the 1/4 and the 158mph in the 1/2 was sig more than expected especially without LC. 10.85 isn't bad either.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome work G! I can't wait to see comparisons. Glad to see you're enjoying it so much already and it's definitely impressive! More fun factor in your track car?

Old 05-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Awesome work G! I can't wait to see comparisons. Glad to see you're enjoying it so much already and it's definitely impressive! More fun factor in your track car?
It's very agile too and while I am sure it would be faster around a course , the track prepped Z4M is just a more visceral experience . It's not to shabby either with the supercharger revving out to 8200rpm ether . Great to have a high rpm screamer 6 speed manual, and a DCT turbo high tq car , it's a great combo .

Old 05-07-2016, 01:23 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Almost 159 mph 1/2 mile stock is awesome

Old 05-07-2016, 07:21 PM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
Great numbers man! I remember you from the m6 forums, did you have the #s for your dinan m6 cp handy for comparison? you also had the akra and ccb's right? So basically the lightest m6 you're gonna get. Was the dinan the stage 2?

Also how you liking the .2 compared to your m6?

Old 05-08-2016, 08:08 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
So is your m6 gone? How come you tested without using LC? The numbers would have been a lot better. What is the hp rating for the .2?

Old 05-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by zerix
Great numbers man! I remember you from the m6 forums, did you have the #s for your dinan m6 cp handy for comparison? you also had the akra and ccb's right? So basically the lightest m6 you're gonna get. Was the dinan the stage 2?

Also how you liking the .2 compared to your m6?
Its a so much better chassis first off . The weight is only part of it, even the steering feel is better . Turn is immediate and mid corner grip is brutal . Charging from mid corner in this thing full throttle is addicting . Despite how fast it is in a straight line it reminds me of old M cars with more chassis than motor . It's got great character , just needs a little help in the exhaust department and she will be perfect . Sam has me hooked up with an Iconel Kline system that will be going on as soon as it arrived lol . I had the BMS at one time then changed over to the Dinan stage 2 . Stock my M6 CP with CCB was 4240 . With the akra and SS downpipes she was right at 4200 pounds .

Old 05-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by wrs
So is your m6 gone? How come you tested without using LC? The numbers would have been a lot better. What is the hp rating for the .2?
Yep she is de modded and being turned back in as we speak ( Porshe payed off the last 3 moths of my lease ) . As I said in the description the parts of car that actually need break in are the diffs and clutch so I'm waiting on LC until 1k . Couldn't wait anymore to see what she could do so I ran it without LC . I can't believe it did 10.85 @130 without LC ! It's rated 20 more than the .1 . 580 PS or 572 bhp.

Last edited by gmd2003; 05-08-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:34 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Yep she is de modded and being turned back in as we speak ( Porshe payed off the last 3 moths of my lease ) . As I said in the description the parts of car that actually need break in are the diffs and clutch so I'm waiting on LC until 1k . Couldn't wait anymore to see what she could do so I ran it without LC . I can't believe it did 10.85 @130 without LC ! It's rated 20 more than the .1 . 580 PS or 572 bhp.
Yeah, that sounds like more than 580 but we know how these companies derate the cars. What tires do you have for OEM? Mine are PZero and I haven't ever been able to get a set of PSS, it's really hard to get the 305's. I didn't read the first post closely so I asked a dumb question. Well you should get better times than that once you use LC and of course the fun of the LC, it's really a kick in the butt.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by wrs
Yeah, that sounds like more than 580 but we know how these companies derate the cars. What tires do you have for OEM? Mine are PZero and I haven't ever been able to get a set of PSS, it's really hard to get the 305's. I didn't read the first post closely so I asked a dumb question. Well you should get better times than that once you use LC and of course the fun of the LC, it's really a kick in the butt.
For the .2 it's a new porsche specific version of the pzeros formulated for the Turbo . While the tread design is very much street tire the compound is significantly softer than both the PSS and the old pzero . Id say it's almost equivalent to a sport cup 2 . I have yet to get the car to meaningfully break traction even with psc full off . I think it says a lot about the new tire given porsche has been sending press cars to track comparo tests against the new R8 V10 plus on sport cup 2's on the new pzeros and the Turbo S and even the Turbo have been coming out significantly on top in track times . Especially when they sent the .1's to every test on Dunlop Sport max race tire's which are even faster than sport cup 2's .

Old 05-08-2016, 11:37 AM
wrs
For the .2 it's a new porsche specific version of the pzeros formulated for the Turbo . While the tread design is very much street tire the compound is significantly softer than both the PSS and the old pzero . Id say it's almost equivalent to a sport cup 2 . I have yet to get the car to meaningfully break traction even with psc full off . I think it says a lot about the new tire given porsche has been sending press cars to track comparo tests against the new R8 V10 plus on sport cup 2's on the new pzeros and the Turbo S and even the Turbo have been coming out significantly on top in track times . Especially when they sent the .1's to every test on Dunlop Sport max race tire's which are even faster than sport cup 2's .
It's difficult to tell when the car loses grip unless you corner. Using LC I cannot tell I am losing grip in the first 60ft but the AP definitely shows me it does. Your Vbox data shows it more pronounced I think. Look at the flat spots in your speed curve in the first second. You got a 1.8s 60ft time and the flat spots came when you had really high lateral acceleration and then a big dip, look how lateral acceleration spikes twice and dips during that first half of a second. I think you were losing grip when the acceleration dipped and your acceleration curves shows that. Here is a similar run that I made but with a better ET and on just the stock PZeros with a 1.66 60ft. This was captured back in January on all new stock PZeros.

Anyway, according to Vbox, your car is probably already as fast as mine but I have a Cobb/ByDesign Stage 3 setup. You can read all my mods on the sig line. LOL! Time to get rid of this car.

Attached Images   

Last edited by wrs; 05-08-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Really interested to see how this car reacts to just the exhaust upgrade.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 05-08-2016 at 12:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stock 991.2 Turbo S baseline acceleration testing no LC