Tire pressure

Old 10-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Tire pressure

I have HRE P101's on stock tires and wanted to know what PSI you guys ran for daily partial load? The 38-48 that's reccomended I feel is a bit much?

Old 10-20-2016, 06:42 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
I have HRE P101's on stock tires and wanted to know what PSI you guys ran for daily partial load? The 38-48 that's reccomended I feel is a bit much?
For partial, I usually run 31F & 36R (summer) or 33F & 38R (winter)

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 10-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
TTT:

Dealer told me to do 41/51. Based on that 31/36 & 33/38 seem kina low?

Old 10-26-2016, 04:26 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
For summer I follow the owner manual recommendations for a full load up to 165 mph

Old 10-26-2016, 04:30 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
TTT:

Dealer told me to do 41/51. Based on that 31/36 & 33/38 seem kina low?
Nope, it is not low, not to me. Remember, psi will climb ~ 2psi in each tire as you drive.

As far as the dealer suggestion, 41/51 seems way too high...but hey, if you like, do whatever the dealer tells ya...NOT ME!

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 10-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
When I originally looked at door tag I thought 37f/47r was high myself. I decided to experiment quite a bit with tire pressure since 2014. I can feel a night and day difference/ feels like a different car with pressure changes at all 4 tires.

When tire pressures are on lower side I feel that the steering feels more sluggish and upside is that it really soaks up the NY bumps very very well.

When pressure is at or slightly over the 37/47 doorjam. Car really reacts better to steering input. Downside you feel bumps more, but you "feel" the road better in my opinion.

Keep in mind this is my opinion. I recommend that you try experimenting with different tire pressures at front and rear tires and find YOUR sweet spot.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey dude!
I've always run 36/40 in Turbos. But this car is different and there's a lot going on with the suspension. Plus your on a 20. Personally, I like 36/42 on this car for all-around feel and performance. Don't forget wear. Especially if your running a little more juice

It does come down to personal feel and opinion though. E-Gear has a lead foot haha and is always digging! He sure knows how to make them stick!

Old 10-27-2016, 01:08 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
The door tire pressure are for autobahn speeds for P Zeros . at high speed cruising, tire pressures can actually drop!
Look at tire pressure recommendations for 991GT3 with MSC2s.
31/33 PSI.
If your sticking with P zeros, which have thin sidewalls, I would run 35/38 cold.
I run MSC2s on my car 32/34 cold.
Track day 26/28 cold, Hot 30/32

Old 10-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
I follow the tpms suggested numbers that come up on the display:

Summer Tires
Partial Load

So right now its 35/45 cold with a plus minus of zero at cold start up and when the temps rise and I come to a stop, its still plus minus as the system knows where they should be as the temps go up.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:33 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vic55
I follow the tpms suggested numbers that come up on the display:

Summer Tires
Partial Load

So right now its 35/45 cold with a plus minus of zero at cold start up and when the temps rise and I come to a stop, its still plus minus as the system knows where they should be as the temps go up.

I am also wondering what pressure to use in my Cayenne TTS, as the manual, the door sticker and the TPMS display are giving me different answers. The thing about the TPMS display is that it will show me that both rears are at 38 psi, but when I click fill information, it reads -2 for the right and -3 for the left. How can that be right?

Old 10-27-2016, 04:00 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Rounding error.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:30 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by enzom
I am also wondering what pressure to use in my Cayenne TTS, as the manual, the door sticker and the TPMS display are giving me different answers. The thing about the TPMS display is that it will show me that both rears are at 38 psi, but when I click fill information, it reads -2 for the right and -3 for the left. How can that be right?

Yeah as shifter stated... the internal meter probably goes out to hundreths but only shows whole numbers. That's why at times my 33 front left and 34 front right - corrects as temps go up to even out at 35 each but I know that the left is slightly lower.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:37 PM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
I have been running 29/33 cold on my Michelin Pilot Sports. I feel like I am getting a good mix between comfort and grip. Any downsides to running this low pressure besides greater wear?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.